You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Panorama

Faustus

Did anybody see it just then?

Two British Asian journalists were posing as a couple and moved into a house on some council estate in Bristol. Now I'm not naive enough to think racism doesn't go on this country, but some of the abuse they were taking was absolutely shocking. Kids as young as 7 coming out with horrible racist bile and threatening to kill them and rob them.

Some horrible little shitbags about these days. This country could deffo do with a cull.

Is anyone really surprised?

Nah.

I didn't see it but it sounds like a bit of a cheap stunt to me rather than a serious attempt to expose anything. British TV seems to be doing this more and more lately, taking celebrities and what not on tours of council estates to expose the shitness of the underclass.

Poorly educated, badly brought up shitbags in nasty behaviour shocker.

Fucking dreadful viewing. But i would also like to see two white journalists move into a council estate where the majority of residents are Asians and see the outcome of that, somewhere like Manningham in Bradford would be ideal. Rascism works both ways.

I remeber years ago, I went round my mums for dinner and she made me watch this programme called Bailiffs. Ironicly it was a documentary based on 2 bailiffs. It was on the BBC and was on for a very long half an hour. The whole show was just them knocking on a door, waiting 5 minutes and bailiff number 1 saying to bailiff number 2 "just know one ever seems to be in"

You just have to say to yourself "and i wonder why your a bailiff" they aint gonna open the door to a pair of mugs who consequently are gonna take all their stuff. Tragic

Fucking dreadful viewing. But i would also like to see two white journalists move into a council estate where the majority of residents are Asians and see the outcome of that, somewhere like Manningham in Bradford would be ideal. Rascism works both ways.

Good point that.

It's not really racism. These scrotes have no values at all. If you look in anyway different you will be targeted, white, asian, black whatever.

The underclass are like the kids in Lord of the Flies. Feral and without fear. That's what we've created in this country.

It's not really racism. These scrotes have no values at all. If you look in anyway different you will be targeted, white, asian, black whatever.

The underclass are like the kids in Lord of the Flies. Feral and without fear. That's what we've created in this country.

Yes, apparently its all Gordon Brown's fault. (or R**a's, or L***s).

I lived there for a few years and my little brother went to a school there where he was the only white child and we've never suffered any racist abuse at all.

I lived there for a few years and my little brother went to a school there where he was the only white child and we've never suffered any racist abuse at all.

I lived in an almost exclusively Asian and quite run down area in Leicester for a year and never suffered racial abuse at the hands of neighbours. In fact, they brought us food round as they assumed we were worthless, scummy students. Which was true.

I was rather disgusted by the kid threatening to brick the woman, and pretending to have a gun and pulling the shape of a gun with his fingers.

He was only 11 weren't he?

When I was 11 I was either taping the ten minute freeview on television X or out playing football rounders/ 3 bad eggs.

I was on site recently at a job in a heavily Asian area near Blackburn. For pretty much an hour I was verbally fighting off almost every other bloke on the site for not hating the "Paki bastards" and suggesting that they are just people. It was depressing but expected. Apparently I'm naive for thinking any muslim friend doesn't secretly want to kill me.

I've said on here many, many times before that anyone who thinks racist views are something held by a minority of people in this country is kidding themselves.

I was on site recently at a job in a heavily Asian area near Blackburn. For pretty much an hour I was verbally fighting off almost every other bloke on the site for not hating the "Paki bastards" and suggesting that they are just people. It was depressing but expected. Apparently I'm naive for thinking any muslim friend doesn't secretly want to kill me.

I've said on here many, many times before that anyone who thinks racist views are something held by a minority of people in this country is kidding themselves.

I think you're wrong there, Monty. Despite being quite an arrogant prick, I have never experienced overt racial abuse by anyone in this country. If anything reverse racism is much more common, it's actually quite ace.

Depressing stuff, but you mentioning Blackburn there makes me wonder if it's because a heavily populated asian area. The most openly racist people I've met personally tended to come from the likes of Oldham and Burnley (both also BNP strongholds).

I'm not saying they've got some kind of excuse for being that way, because it's out of order, I'm just wondering if it as much about the sloppy and haphazard way successive Governments have lumped masses of people together - usually poor people on sink estates and with little attempt at fostering race relations - as it does about the personal qualities of the individuals.

I think you're wrong there, Monty. Despite being quite an arrogant prick, I have never experienced overt racial abuse by anyone in this country. If anything reverse racism is much more common, it's actually quite ace.

There is no such thing as reverse racism mate. It's just racism. Racism may be deemed publicly less acceptable (unless you own a newspaper, then it's pretty much the daily routine) but that just means that people are much cuter about it and wait until they know they are in a safe environment to express themselves.

I'm presuming you're black or Asian from that comment Kevin? I'm not surprised that overt abuse is rare but what goes on behind your back is another thing. There was a girl at our place and it was amazing how racism used to become more or less prominent depending on here presence.

Check the papers Kev, millions of people lapping up racist shit every day in the Sun, Mail, Express and, less regularly, Telegraph.

Section - None of them are from Blackburn, they are from all over the North West (Manchester mainly) and just went there for the job at the weekend.

So they drop two Asians in to "the most racist neighbourhood in Britain" and they get....... RACIALLY ABUSED?!?!?!?!?!

Great television.

If the purpose of the exercise was to prove racism is alive and well in Britain, they were always going to get a result in that particular neighbourhood, filled as it was with ubermongs.

A more meaningful example would have been to move into a more culturally diverse neighbourhood (I've never been to Bristol so don't know what it's like in general). Somewhere where there is a general tolerance but perhaps fairly frequent incidents of the sort witnessed by the reporters.

If a neighbourhood with a better cross-section of the UK population could have been used, it would have provided perhaps a more accurate picture of racial tolerance in the UK. Maybe it would be less interesting for a documentary though.

Whilst a lot of the stuff shown was disturbing, it was akin to asking a dyed-in-the-wool American redneck to move to the Helmand province in Afghanistan, to see how they might "fit in".

They could find an estate like that in every city in the UK. It doesn't make it any less disgraceful though, I watched it on iPlayer when I got in. When that little kid was trying to threaten and mug the woman I was watching thinking "fucking hell" imagine how scary that would be to a genuine immigrant who's been in the UK for a matter of weeks?

Glad they named and shamed the little fucker. Not that he will see it as anything other than a badge of honour with his mates. He was 11 which is over the legal age of criminal responsibility, is any action going to be taken against him? Or the fella who sparked out the bloke reporter?