You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Jaguars release David Gerrard, which is a big shock.

The even bigger shock is that Brownie has no QB left, since he has Peyton Manning as well.

I've just sent him a cheeky trade offer - might seem crazy now, but it could be the smartest deal he could make.

Not sounding good for Manning

Report: Manning could miss season: WDNE-AM in Indianapolis is reporting that Colts QB Peyton Manning has undergone another surgical procedure on his neck and is in danger of missing the season. This is the second radio report from Indianapolis in less than a week that has suggested that Manning will not play in 2011. Manning has been ruled out for Week 1 at Houston already as he has not rehabbed quickly enough from neck surgery in May. "It will be tough not to be out there playing for the organization and our fans," Manning said regarding missing Week 1, per ESPN. "I simply am not healthy enough to play."

You're lucky i'm not a gold star member anymore, or you might be feeling the sting of a red-hot neg for that proposal.

I even went through the trouble of putting Kolb and Graham officially on the trading block, requesting a receiver. I didn't say anything about trading away my starting QB and RB.

I'm not trading the rapist, or any other starters (other than possibly Witten, at the right price).

It absolutely knocks me sick the fact you've got Ben.

Season predicitons.

Super Bowl Champions and runners up; Patriots over Packers

AFC title game; Patriots over Steelers

NFC title game; Packers over Eagles

AFC MVP; Brady

NFC MVP; Rodgers

AFC Sleeper team; Raiders

NFC Sleeper team; Buccaneers

Hmmm, seems a bit...boring....

Beanie Wells is a starter and AJ Green a sleeper in Michael Fabiano's start 'em sit 'em. Looking good for me.

It's looking extremely good for your boys. Schaub and Daniels have got ridiculously low projections for the opener. Same with LaDainian Tomlinson. I know he's a backup back, but 2.00 points? Come on. Don't bullshit me.

Kerry Collins has been taking snaps in pre-season so I'd say him for the first game at least.

...and the fact he was named the starter by head coach Jim Caldwell would seem to back this up.

Kerry Collins will be fine, I predict.

He better be for the sake of Reggie Wayne and my fantasy team.

...and the fact he was named the starter by head coach Jim Caldwell would seem to back this up.

Kerry Collins will be fine, I predict.

He better be for the sake of Reggie Wayne and my fantasy team.

Wayne was a monster for The Cripplers last year, and so too was Austin Collie...before he got his bell rung a couple of times.

You think Collie has a chance to make an impact for the Colts this year Neko ?

Wayne was a monster for The Cripplers last year, and so too was Austin Collie...before he got his bell rung a couple of times.

dunno.

You made a shrewd move picking up Collins the other day though.

Collins seems to be a real downfield passer with a strong arm - the slot receivers like Collie might not be as important as Wayne/Garcon

Was it Wayne that was pissed that Collins was brought in.

The colts offense is complicated (or the calls are all complex at least) so can't see them being as effective or they'll run a reduced playbook.