You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFOs over the Wirral tonight?

Randy Marsh

Sat in Pensby tonight out in my mates back garden, and at about 11ish we noticed these two glowing white and orange discs floating accross the Sky, not too high up. I swear down, both were about 5 times the span of a plain or helicopter or anything like that, never seen anything like that in my life. Both were following a line slowly one behind the other, before both just disapeared with a flash, right in the middle of the sky. This lasted about a minute. We took videos on phones, but all our phones only shown one disc, and not two. Swear down, this is no bullshit at all. Hairs went up on the back of my neck. Look out in the Echo for this because loads must have seen it.

Sat in Pensby tonight out in my mates back garden, and at about 11ish we noticed these two glowing white and orange discs floating accross the Sky, not too high up. I swear down, both were about 5 times the span of a plain or helicopter or anything like that, never seen anything like that in my life. Both were following a line slowly one behind the other, before both just disapeared with a flash, right in the middle of the sky. This lasted about a minute. We took videos on phones, but all our phones only shown one disc, and not two. Swear down, this is no bullshit at all. Hairs went up on the back of my neck. Look out in the Echo for this because loads must have seen it.

Dude, seriously : it could be aliens agreed, but never underestimate what the military might have as aircraft nowadays. It's probably a lot further beyond what most of us realise. And you can bet on it that what they can do with their stuff they'll deny for a long time to come.

Wirralians > We're aliens. Has nobody got onto this yet? THARG FRIZZNIT *teleports*

Guest davelfc

I can believe it's aliens they took one look at Pensby and thought, fuck it, let's make the 300 billion light year trip home.

When did we start drinking, and how much did we have to drink?

When did we start drinking, and how much did we have to drink?

Admitadely had a few like, and a few go's on the bong, but wasn't that bad by any means. Got a picture which I'll put up later. Honestly, no bullshit or anything. Fuckin weird, never seen anything remotely like it in my life.

UFO spotted in Fylde sky? - Blackpool Today

Looksd exactly the same as what I saw on Saturday!

About 15 years ago whilst coming home to chester from a day out in wales my family all saw a UFO. It hung in the sky for over an hour and whilst we were driving its position never changed. It looked like two small elipses under another elipse, if that makes sense.

Anyway, it suddenly vanished. There were no clouds.

Convinced ourselves it was nothing but then the next day on GMTV (might have been tvam in those days) they had a report about the highest number of UFOs spotted in the sky in australia in one night - they showed a photo full of hundreds of the things we saw!

Must have got lost and went to wales rather than new south wales!

me and the Mrs saw something pretty much identical on the Isle of Skye at Christmas, day after boxing day.

There were 7 orange lights and they would turn off and on, as in part of a sequence. Tehy moved around one and other as well in a controlled fashion, not like something blowing in the wind would do.

All 7 lit up. Then five. Then three. Then none and then the pattern repeated about 3 or 4 times before the started moving away from us and then disappeared.

Definitely the weirdest thing I've ever seen. There were dozens of sightings reported of the same incident all over the UK around the same period.

the weridest thing i've seen though is defo when i was a kid and me mates brother came steaming up the street going "wtf is that" we didn't see it at first until he came cycling up the street towards it. big red triangle type thing glowing, will never forget it cause it was crazy as hell.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Hacker's 'moral crusade' over UFO

Hacker's 'moral crusade' over UFO

The Conservatives used the debate to highlight the case of Gary McKinnon

A Briton fighting extradition to the US for hacking into top-secret computers claims he was morally justified in breaking the law.

Gary McKinnon, 43, from Wood Green, north London, admits hacking into 97 US government computers, including Nasa's and Pentagon's, during 2001 and 2002.

He told the BBC he was on a "moral crusade" to prove US intelligence had found an alien craft run on clean fuel.

Results of judicial reviews into Mr McKinnon's case are due on Friday.

They focus on whether Mr McKinnon should have been allowed to face trial in the UK and whether the decision to extradite him should have been reconsidered in light of his diagnosis as having Asperger's Syndrome last year.

His lawyers say he is "eccentric" rather than malicious and that he should be tried on lesser charges in the UK to protect his mental health.

It is actually a completely unbalanced extradition treaty

Gary McKinnon

Mr McKinnon is accused of hacking into the computers with the intention of intimidating the US government.

His legal team fear he could be treated as a terrorist and face up to 70 years in jail.

The US government says his actions caused damage costing $800,000 (£500,000) at a time of heightened security in the wake of the 11 September 2001 attacks.

Mr McKinnon told BBC Radio 5 live's Victoria Derbyshire show: "I'm not blind to criminality but I was on a moral crusade at the time.

"There was good evidence to show that certain secretive parts of the American government intelligence agencies did have access to crashed extra terrestrial technology which could... save us as a form of free, clean, pollution-free energy.

"I thought if someone was holding on to that, that was actually unconstitutional under American law."

'Two-way street'

Mr McKinnon also criticised arrangements between the two countries that meant the US only had to prove "reasonable suspicion" to force extradition of a British citizen.

To extradite an American from the US, the British must prove "probable cause".

"It is actually a completely unbalanced extradition treaty. It should be a two-way street," said Mr McKinnon.

Earlier this month, the Conservatives failed in a bid to force a review of the law when their Commons motion was defeated by 54 votes.

Home Secretary Alan Johnson told them the 2003 treaty had simplified extradition procedures while safeguarding defendants' rights.

The burden of evidence required on each side is "essentially" the same, he added.

It looked far controlled to be Chinese Lanterns. They both followed the same path, both at the same speed, both changed direction and the same time, both flashed at the same time and both disappeared at the same time. I'm not one for all this overhyping bollocks but it was definitely unlike anything I've ever seen before, and I'm sure it wasn't lanterns or anything like that.

It looked far controlled to be Chinese Lanterns. They both followed the same path, both at the same speed, both changed direction and the same time, both flashed at the same time and both disappeared at the same time. I'm not one for all this overhyping bollocks but it was definitely unlike anything I've ever seen before, and I'm sure it wasn't lanterns or anything like that.

Not at all trying to rubbish what you saw mate just putting an alternative explanation on.

I would guess that if several of these lanterns were release from the same spot at around the same time they would be subjected to the same wind conditions and act in a similar manner.