You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

I hope Andy this Coulson twat  gets spitroasted into drooling slobbering insanity while he's in prison. Then I hope the other prisoners eat his brains. Praise the Lord, please make it so.

Nice to see that smug unfunny tax avoiding twat Jimmy Carr at the do as well......

The likes of Carr, Geldof and Bono try to come across as "hey we hate the establishment and will slag it off at all times" when they're the twats that do their best to keep it propped up by turning up at this sort of back slapping shite.

• Upvote 1

David Blunkett recordings 'discovered in lawyer's safe'

_70967946_bms0jtj6.jpgMr Blunkett was confronted about his relationship in August 2004 by Andrew Coulson, then NoW editor

Recordings of messages left by David Blunkett on a married woman's phone were found in the safe of a News International lawyer, a jury has heard.

Police discovered tapes of voicemails from the then home secretary to Kimberly Quinn in the office of Tom Crone, the phone-hacking trial heard.

The recordings were described as "deeply personal and intrusive".

The News of the World exposed Mr Blunkett's three-year relationship with Ms Quinn in 2004.

During Thursday's evidence, the court was told of an alleged conspiracy to hack the voicemails of the former cabinet minister.

The jury was shown notes made by NoW private investigator, Glenn Mulcaire, relating to Mr Blunkett - which included his phone numbers, address and details of his sons.

Mulcaire has already admitted phone hacking.

'Deeply personal'

The notes referred to "multiple recordings, over 330", some of which were voice messages left by Mr Blunkett on Ms Quinn's phone.

Tapes of the recordings were recovered from the safe of Tom Crone - a lawyer for News International, the parent company of The Sun and NoW.

Some of the voicemails and transcripts found by police detailed Mr Blunkett's feelings about the end of the relationship with Ms Quinn, the jury heard.

Giving evidence, Det Con Tim Hargreaves, from the Metropolitan Police's investigation into phone hacking, described them as "deeply personal and intrusive".

The court was told that police also recovered a draft version of a story on Mr Blunkett's affair, apparently written by reporter Neville Thurlbeck.

Throughout the draft, he referred to the cabinet minister and the woman by the code names "Noddy", for Mr Blunkett, and "Big Ears".

The jury then heard that Mr Blunkett was visited in August 2004 by Andrew Coulson, the then editor of the NoW, who wanted the politician to admit to the relationship.

Mr Blunkett recorded the meeting, in which Mr Coulson told him the paper was planning to publish the story.

Mr Coulson was heard to say: "What I will tell you is that I am certainly very confident of the information.

"My job is to make sure that I sift out the nonsense from the accurate information and either I do my job well or I don't do my job well. I believe the story to be true..."

He added: "It is based on extremely reliable sources."

The jury was then shown the NoW story from 15 August that exposed the relationship, quoting "a source".

But the prosecution argued the source being referred to was the taping of the hacked voicemails of Ms Quinn.

The jury also heard that Mulcaire had made out a bill for £750 for "Project Blunkett", which included "inquiries, observations and other research".

Mr Coulson, 45, of Charing, Kent, denies both conspiracy to hack phones and conspiracy to commit misconduct.

Ex-England manager

Earlier in court, the judge warned that evidence suggesting Sven-Goran Eriksson's phone was hacked over four years by the NoW should not be taken as fact.

It had been alleged on Wednesday that the ex-England manager and FA employee Faria Alam were monitored by Mulcaire between 2002 and 2006.

The phone-hacking trial heard the paper then exposed their relationship.

But Mr Justice Saunders stressed it was not accepted by the defence that all of Mulcaire's notes about the pair were from phone hacks.

The trial continues.

Hacking jury hears David Blunkett voicemails

_70967946_bms0jtj6.jpgMr Blunkett was work and pensions secretary in 2005

Angry messages left by Labour MP David Blunkett over false claims about his relationship with a female friend have been played in the phone-hacking trial.

In one, he said he hoped whoever had leaked information would "rot in hell".

Ten messages from 2005, left for Sally Anderson, were found at the home of private investigator Glenn Mulcaire, who admits phone hacking.

The court also heard an ex-aide was "puzzled" at how much the News of the World knew of Mr Blunkett's activities.

'Stitch-up job'

In one message played out to jurors, Mr Blunkett said: "Someone very, very close has done a really phenomenal piece of work on destroying both our lives at this moment in time and it's vile.

"Whoever it is I hope they rot in hell."

At the time, Mr Blunkett, the MP for Sheffield, was work and pensions minister. He also served as home secretary in the Labour government.

It is claimed that the messages were illegally accessed by Mulcaire on behalf of journalists at the now-closed tabloid, the News of the World.

In one message, Mr Blunkett warned Ms Anderson to start thinking about who might have passed information to the media.

He said: "I do think that someone has done a pretty good stitch-up job, chapter and verse, times, places, everything. That's pretty sophisticated to say the least."

In another message, Mr Blunkett said: "The hyenas are still trying to get me but when I'm back I will shed a little light and they will all run back into the jungle again."

Mr Blunkett's statement says part of one of his intercepted voicemails to Ms Anderson was "produced verbatim" in the Sunday People newspaper. He successfully sued over incorrect reports that he had an affair with her.

Plane seat

In a statement, Ms Anderson said she was followed to the US by a News of the World reporter who was pursuing a story on her relationship with Mr Blunkett.

She said the reporter Rob Kellaway sat near her on the plane and later offered her £150,000 for her story. She said: "I couldn't work out how he knew how to find us."

The court heard that Mulcaire's notes on Ms Anderson included details on her father, other family and friends and her osteopath's number.

The jury also heard that she approached the publicist Max Clifford, who arranged for the Sunday People to listen to her voicemails. She says she cannot remember how much she was paid.

She was sued by Mr Blunkett and had to issue a public apology in March 2006.

The court then heard from Mr Blunkett's former special adviser, Huw Evans, who said he frequently spoke to the then home secretary on mobile phones and used voicemails, but knew calls could be intercepted.

"We were very careful if we were having a conversation on a mobile to stick to a general subject or use coded language," he said.

He then described a conversation with then News of the World editor Andy Coulson over a story the paper planned to run in 2004 about the politician's affair with former Spectator publisher Kimberly Quinn.

_71044576_hacking_evans_bbc.jpgHuw Evans would speak to his boss, David Blunkett, in coded language on the phone

Mr Evans said he believed all they had was a photograph of the pair together - so asked Mr Coulson why the evidence he claimed to have was substantive enough to run such a major story.

He said: "I told him that the photograph in itself proved nothing. I remember the tone of his voice... it was flat, unequivocal, that he was absolutely certain that the story was true and he was going to run it. I remember at that time remaining puzzled as to why he could be so certain."

Timothy Langdale QC, representing Mr Coulson, suggested Mr Evans had stood up the story during that conversation, which he denied.

Mr Coulson, 45, of Charing, Kent, denies conspiracy to intercept communications and conspiracy to commit misconduct.

Titmuss-Leslie relationship

The jury heard Mr Evans believed 13 people, including media advisers, knew of Mr Blunkett's affair with Ms Quinn.

Of the story's merit, he said: "I can understand why it was considered a story. I didn't consider then and I don't consider now that it was in the public interest to expose it. It was a private relationship."

The court heard Mr Blunkett and Ms Quinn had been on holiday together in 2003 and 2004, and attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace in 2003.

In a police statement, Mr Evans said: "They were hiding in plain sight. I always thought that it was a matter of time before someone worked it out."

Later, prosecutors told the jury that model Abi Titmuss, who had a relationship with former TV presenter John Leslie, had her phone hacked by Mulcaire.

They were told Mulcaire had a note of her phone number and the phrase "do them both" was written on his note about Mr Leslie.

The defence counsel said, however, there was no evidence in those notes that Mr Leslie's phone was hacked.

In a police statement, Mr Leslie, said the year 2002 was a "traumatic time in my life" and the intense media interest in him only abated three or four years later when he moved to Scotland and stopped working in TV.

The trial continues.

• 1 month later...

Ever noticed how "publicity stunt" rhymes with "cunt"?

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Flooded-Somerset-residents-left-bemused-Sun-s/story-20414909-detail/story.html

Residents of a flood-hit village were left bemused yesterday after The Sun sent a Page 3 girl in a boat to “cheer them up”.

Muchelney in Somerset has been turned into an island by recent flooding and locals have had difficulty accessing vital supplies.

So they were surprised when a busty model wearing a tight red t-shirt arrived in dinghy clutching a four-pack of Fosters lager and some copies of The Sun.

Residents dismissed the brunette model, understood to be Poppy Rivers, who was wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the tabloid’s logo, according to reports.

MrsAitchB wrote: “OMG how insensitive of The Sun to send a glamour model in a tight tshirt on a boat to the village of Muchelney. Publicity just for The Sun!”

Gary Marks ‏added: “Well done the flooded village of Muchelney, telling a Sun reporter and page 3 ‘stunna’ where to go.”

• 1 month later...

To be fair, he was telling her to set a proper enquiry up

To run alongside a polife investigation and to publish it's findings at the same time the police enquiry made decisions. A clear effort to influence both the police and the public from whom the jury would be drawn.

Unless you honestly believe this inquiry would have suggested wrongdoing on her and Coulson's part.

EDIT: After all, Hutton did such a good job of ignoring the evidence.

To be fair, he was also advising her what the 'inquiry' should find, and when to release its findings to minimise the impact on her...

"I had an hour on the phone to Tony Blair" and then proceeded to outline the points he had allegedly made in the conversation.

"1. Form an independent unit that has an outside junior counsel, Ken Macdonald, a great and good type, a serious forensic criminal barrister, internal counsel, proper fact checkers etc in it. Get them to investigate me and others and publish a Hutton style report," she said.

"2. Publish part one of the report at same time as the police closes its inquiry and clear you and accept short comings and new solutions and process and part two when any trials are over.

"3. Keep strong and definitely sleeping pills. Need to have clear heads and remember no rash short term solutions as they only give you long term headaches.

"4. It will pass. Tough up.

"5. He is available for you, KRM [Rupert Murdoch] and me as an unofficial adviser but needs to be between us,"

To run alongside a polife investigation and to publish it's findings at the same time the police enquiry made decisions. A clear effort to influence both the police and the public from whom the jury would be drawn.

Unless you honestly believe this inquiry would have suggested wrongdoing on her and Coulson's part.

EDIT: After all, Hutton did such a good job of ignoring the evidence.

Apologies, you're right - only scanned the first two lines.  Not surprised though.  But please disregard my previous 'to be fair' post

You know when Neo gets to the Architect and it's time for the system to reset itself.

That's Blair and Murdoch here.  The system is built to take these little bumps absorb them and then go again in the same way.

Again, think on this next time you hear the phrase conspiracy theory: the most ridiculous and naive expression about powerful people colluding together to achieve shared interests.

I'm pissing myself at the thought of ThatCuntBlair porking Wendy Dung while the UnAustralian wanks flaccidly over the pair of them. Then they all get incinerated by a cosmic fireball just as they hit the vinegar strokes and die an agonizing and unorgasmic death.

• Upvote 1