You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Utd Are the best team in world

Red Nick

At beating the shit teams of the premiership but as tonight proved when they meat a decent team they are true shit.

Lets just look at who they have beaten this year only Arsenal home and away and a demoralised Chelsea have given in but soon as a decent team has stood up they have been beaten

if they had played chelsea, Liverpool or Barca earlier they would have been knocked out sooner.

The real challenge is for us to match them is thrashing shit teams

I'm loving how every single myth built up around this United team was utterly ripped apart today.

Best-ever squad? Every single one of them came up flat today.

Vidic the gladiator? Wobbly after Nando ripped him apart, but Eto'o finished the job.

Van der Sar the record-setter? Frail and equally at fault for that first goal.

Ronaldo the world's best? On today's evidence, he'd struggle to crack the bench of a World XI.

Oh, and Ferguson: best manager of all-time? Yes, that's exactly the sort of label you apply to someone who throws forward his wingers and practically invites a great attacking team to cut his boys up on the counter. It happened against us and they lost 4-1, obviously nothing was learned.

Today they were shown to be flat-track bullies, nothing more. And yes, that was enough to win them the league, and it's something that we only picked up in the last bit of this season. But now that we've learned that lesson, I see no reason to be any more worried about them than any other team in England, and especially in Europe.

Edited by tulsakop

we have to leave the tactics at home against everyone except arsenal , chelsea and united. The others need to be blitzed, ignore their game as if we impose ours we can destroy anyone in this league. Let the players play and leave the rotation for the cups, players can get through on adrenaline at times so ignore the science against the shite teams too. Get the first half won instead of keeping it tight.

United are not that great they just have an aura and arespect that we need to get for ourselves again

I'm loving how every single myth built up around this United team was utterly ripped apart today.

Best-ever squad? Every single one of them came up flat today.

Vidic the gladiator? Wobbly after Nando ripped him apart, but Eto'o finished the job.

Van der Sar the record-setter? Frail and equally at fault for that first goal.

Ronaldo the world's best? On today's evidence, he'd struggle to crack the bench of a World XI.

Oh, and Ferguson: best manager of all-time? Yes, that's exactly the sort of label you apply to someone who throws forward his wingers and practically invites a great attacking team to cut his boys up on the counter. It happened against us and they lost 4-1, obviously nothing was learned.

Today they were shown to be flat-track bullies, nothing more. And yes, that was enough to win them the league, and it's something that we only picked up in the last bit of this season. But now that we've learned that lesson, I see no reason to be any more worried about them than any other team in England, and especially in Europe.

Great post, makes me feel really optimistic for the coming season.

they wanted to cash in tonight:

The club have travelled from Manchester with the Barclays Premier League, Carling Cup and Club World Cup trophies in their baggage. The plan is for manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his team to pose with all four trophies for an exclusive picture set that will then be sold to newspapers by United through their picture agents rather than making such an historic football picture freely available to all media outlets.

the arrogance is unmeasured...

The club have travelled from Manchester with the Barclays Premier League, Carling Cup and Club World Cup trophies in their baggage. The plan is for manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his team to pose with all four trophies for an exclusive picture set that will then be sold to newspapers by United through their picture agents rather than making such an historic football picture freely available to all media outlets.

Here's a free picture, you fucking Manc cunts.

PAISLEY5.JPG

We fucked them up with the 4-1. They've not been the same team since.

So true. Before that teams were just rolling over for them, believing all the hype about them being invincible. Said it all for me when Fergie was still talking about it on the pitch just after they won the title. He can try and deny the significance of it but we proved a point that day.

Dunno they are still a pretty good side and i say that grudgingly. Just hope more teams sit up and take note that they aren't as good as Liverpool and actually grow a back bone when playing them. I just don't understand it, the lower teams seem to be able to grow one when playing us, Chav's and the Gooners... Whats so special about Manure? Oh right... them 11 Premier League titles. Still the best thing i took out of tonight

"Alex, what are your plans for next season?"

Whiskey Nose : "To come back bigger and better!"

HAHAHAHA BOLLOCKS, THIS IS HIS WEAKEST TEAM FOR YEARS. Hes just another Berbatov away from genius :yes:

They've not been anywhere near the side this season as they were last. Them finishing ahead of us in the league i don't think reflects poorly on us though, its the rest of the league just caving in time after time, they see United "go for it" and shit their pants.

We probably won't do them and Chelsea both times next season, so thats even more ground that needs to be made up against the dross.

So true. Before that teams were just rolling over for them, believing all the hype about them being invincible. Said it all for me when Fergie was still talking about it on the pitch just after they won the title. He can try and deny the significance of it but we proved a point that day.

Unfortunately, teams will still lie down and roll over against them. Since March 14 it has been seen when you go at them and have belief they are beatable - having the right players is helpful of course.

They are just flat-track bullies, and Vidic is no more than a thug - up against proper forwards just looks lost.

United will have to wait to join the big European '4' - Real Madrid, Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax!

Though I'm sure there's another team up there.......

We fucked them up with the 4-1. They've not been the same team since.

Bang on. They held on in the league, but only just. i seriously think if Villa had held on, that would have toppled them and we could have grabbed it. Last night was perfect for us. Ferguson will be pleased with the league, of course, but i am certain that missing out last night will have hurt him and hurt him deep.

Dunno they are still a pretty good side and i say that grudgingly. Just hope more teams sit up and take note that they aren't as good as Liverpool and actually grow a back bone when playing them. I just don't understand it, the lower teams seem to be able to grow one when playing us, Chav's and the Gooners... Whats so special about Manure? Oh right... them 11 Premier League titles. Still the best thing i took out of tonight

"Alex, what are your plans for next season?"

Whiskey Nose : "To come back bigger and better!"

HAHAHAHA BOLLOCKS, THIS IS HIS WEAKEST TEAM FOR YEARS. Hes just another Berbatov away from genius :yes:

While I agree they're not quite as good as the hype that surrounds them would have you believe, they've just won the league 3 years on the bounce and been to the last 2 european cup finals. I wish we were that shit. This is still one of his best sides - probably not as good as the 99 team, but better than any other he's had.

Everyone seems to be getting sucked into it's all over for them - that was exactly what they always used to say about us, when in fact we only fell apart once Kenny fell apart. If it wasn't for that we'd have probably continued our dominance for years.

the f**k

are you serious??

Those bloody mancs have really lost it

While I agree they're not quite as good as the hype that surrounds them would have you believe, they've just won the league 3 years on the bounce and been to the last 2 european cup finals. I wish we were that shit. This is still one of his best sides - probably not as good as the 99 team, but better than any other he's had.

Everyone seems to be getting sucked into it's all over for them - that was exactly what they always used to say about us, when in fact we only fell apart once Kenny fell apart. If it wasn't for that we'd have probably continued our dominance for years.

Agree with all of that. They have only had their flaws exposed at the very top of the game and even then a suspension mitigates them slightly. They will spend significantly this summer on up to three first team players. I suspect they'll go for Benzema, a midfield battler and a right winger (as well as possibly a goal keeper), with Tevez and possibly Berbatov going. They are replicating our system almost player for player, down to Park for Kuyt. However, they have the funds to have the highest quality back up too, hence my suggestion of Benzema/Ronaldo for the Torres role and Ronaldo/Valencia/Park for the right. They might even start playing Rooney in his best position if they bring that Croatian kid through for the left.

Agree with all of that. They have only had their flaws exposed at the very top of the game and even then a suspension mitigates them slightly. They will spend significantly this summer on up to three first team players. I suspect they'll go for Benzema, a midfield battler and a right winger (as well as possibly a goal keeper), with Tevez and possibly Berbatov going. They are replicating our system almost player for player, down to Park for Kuyt. However, they have the funds to have the highest quality back up too, hence my suggestion of Benzema/Ronaldo for the Torres role and Ronaldo/Valencia/Park for the right. They might even start playing Rooney in his best position if they bring that Croatian kid through for the left.

depending on who they lose, I think the left wing/forward role is where they'll look most to spend money and perhaps some cash on a ball winner if they give up on hargreaves.

I just get really frustrated when people write them off, it was the same attitude earlier this season when people were happy with draws just because we were top of the league. Under-estimate those cunts at your peril.

depending on who they lose, I think the left wing/forward role is where they'll look most to spend money and perhaps some cash on a ball winner if they give up on hargreaves.

I just get really frustrated when people write them off, it was the same attitude earlier this season when people were happy with draws just because we were top of the league. Under-estimate those cunts at your peril.

Even when they were seriously "on the wane", "finished" etc. around 2005 and 2006, they finished ahead of us every single season. It only adds to the dissappointment and bitterness of getting beat by them when you delude yourself into something that they aren't anything special.

We need to knock Ferguson off his perch before we can anticipate their decline. When he goes it'll get very interesting but until then they'll still attract the top players, get the rub of the FA and referees and face lots of sides beaten before they step onto the pitch.