You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Guest LFD

I'd swap Babel with Darren Bent and then at least we'd have back up for Torres should he get injured.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt told who the club was but i know it was a spanish club.

In terms of the player, god knows. it was definately a player plus cash deal, i know that for sure. Im not sure if it was 3m up front or whatever, im not sure of the technicals of deals like this, but thats what i was quoted.

In terms of value, i dont think Rafa will want to let him go for less than 9m. I dont think he'll get that though.

As i said, the club was definately not deterred by us rejecting it, and they'll make another offer soon.

So to summarise, you know fuck all then?

I'd swap Babel with Darren Bent and then at least we'd have back up for Torres should he get injured.

While we're on the subject, can I swap my bicycle for your car? It's still got one wheel and the front brakes work sometimes.

If it's true whoever the player is wouldn't be good enough anyway if he's worth 3mil less than Babel, we have to stop buying middle range players to add to the squad we need to buy one or two top class players not 4 or 5 decent ones.

Guest LFD
Bent is shit, and wants to leave Spurs because he is 2nd or 3rd choice anyway.

I find it hard to debate with comments saying "Bent is shit", when clearly he isn't.

We don't need a world class striker or big name as back up to Torres. Just an effective striker, who can score and play the lone striker role, when needed.

I think Bent has a good all round game and would be a decent buy.

Possible that it could be somebody coming to the end of their contract?

Garay - whos a long term target

Zigic

Kameni

and isnt Faubert on a very short term contract? and werent we in for him?

eitherway, the player was obviously not good enough for rafa to accept it.

Zigic

Kameni

Hope it's not Julien Faubert he is awful.

I think Bent is shit because he is shit.

And people think you are annoying because your knowledge of football is weak and yet you endlessly flaunt it.

Seriously, in what way is Bent shit? Because Tottingham buy up loads of players and don't know how to use them? He is strong, quick, good in the air, scores with both feet, and gets a goal every two starts. He's consistently the highest or second highest scoring English striker and top ten in the goal charts nearly every season he's played in the premier league. What's not to like?

simao's past it wouldn't want him here, whoever it is would just be another shit squad player. We've got plenty of those it's top quality first teamers were short of, at right back and right wing. Darren bent is not the answer either.

Zigic

Kameni

He signed for Real Madrid last summer

What did you honestly expect when you start a thread without really knowing facts?

seriously kid, you need to chill out.

if you dont want to take notice of this thread, then dont do so.

or infact just put me on your ignore list.

anyway:

Rafa has rejected an offer for Ryan Babel - facht

The club offering for Babel is a spanish one - facht

The deal comprised of 3m plus one player - facht

is that okay? :yes: yes

Guest LFD
Darren bent is not the answer either.

Well who else is going to be good enough, yet happy to be on the bench more often than not?