You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep hold of him, he's still young, might come good and lets face it we wont get decent money for him at the moment so another year to see if he kicks on wont hurt too much

Nope. Cut the losses time.

He looks slick driving around in his Lambo but he's still not arsed playing and I wouldn't want a player like that in my squad, if I were the manager.

He looks slick driving around in his Lambo but he's still not arsed playing and I wouldn't want a player like that in my squad, if I were the manager.

i get what you're saying, i dont know what sort of wages he's on but if we're only going to get £3m for him then perhaps it'd be worth giving him one more year

i've seen nothing to suggest he'll realise this potential but i've just got the feeling he's young enough to come good at some point

that said if we can use him as bait to bring in someone better then im all for it

Guest LFD

I agree.

With no trophy in three years, Rafa will want players who can deliver next season. With Babel, I think he can't be certain that will occur.

Cut losses and move on, as we did with Keane.

Babel will be gone in the summer as its obvious he is surplus to requirements.

Why give him another year?

He has had two seasons with the club now and has out of the them two years showed in only a handful of games his potential and personally i would sell him now before his contract has expired by another year and his value plummets even more.

Guest Dog Chaser
Depends who the player is but £3m seems paltry.

Need to know who the player is, Messi plus £3m? Simao would be a fair shout as we have shown previous interest. I'd personally take Aguerro from Atletico but him plus £3m is illogical.

Guest Dog Chaser
Why on earth would Atletico offer us £3m plus Simao for Babel?

Simao is 29 and Babel is 22 so they are getting a much younger player. Maybe they think Simao's best days are gone and looking to offload him whilst he has some value. This is all hypothetical of course because we do not know the club, player or if this rumour is even true.

I wasnt told who the club was but i know it was a spanish club.

In terms of the player, god knows. it was definately a player plus cash deal, i know that for sure. Im not sure if it was 3m up front or whatever, im not sure of the technicals of deals like this, but thats what i was quoted.

In terms of value, i dont think Rafa will want to let him go for less than 9m. I dont think he'll get that though.

As i said, the club was definately not deterred by us rejecting it, and they'll make another offer soon.