You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry

Antynwa

Gerrard has also looked anonymous in lots of big games, and Henry has had great performances in big games. On their day both are unplayable. It's a bit of a shame when people feel they have to deride such a great footballer simply because he hasn't scored in certain games.

Henry pretty much carried Arsenal to two or three titles. Didn't he top the assist and scorers chart one season? I don't usually, but most of his assists came because he passed the ball for an easy goal instead of shooting.

Yeh he did..thats never been done before. 24 league goals and 23 assists.

According to wiki in 254 league games he had 174 goals and 77 assists.

That is fucking phenomenal.

Gerrard has also looked anonymous in lots of big games, and Henry has had great performances in big games. On their day both are unplayable. It's a bit of a shame when people feel they have to deride such a great footballer simply because he hasn't scored in certain games.

Did you notice Eto'o didn't score tonight?

FUCKING SHITHOUSE CUUUUUUUUUNT!!!

Remember that goal at Highbury where he flicked it up a bit, then smashed it into the top bin?

BOTTLER

I do

But it wasn't a cup final, see!

Henry being a bottler is the biggest myth in football. He used to destroy us and Chelsea on a regular along with Spurs and scored some memorable goals against the mancs.

He used to DESTROY us. Carragher looked like Bramble when we played them

That is true. I think Carra has said he was the one player he couldn't get anywhere near.

i didn't once say he was shit. He played against us in one big game which was the fa cup final, he didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and owen stole the game. We were not in a title race when he was here and did not play them in the cl whilst he was here.

He destroyed many a team but i am talking about the business end of the season and finals and knockout games, many are missing the point i made. He scored against madrid in the cl but when he got to the final he bottled it and has quite a reputation for it. Other forums, including arsenal ones will say as much.

not being rude here but FFS big games, not normal games, big fucking games, finals, knockouts, business end when it matters! not that hard to understand surely

i didn't once say he was shit. He played against us in one big game which was the fa cup final, he didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and owen stole the game. We were not in a title race when he was here and did not play them in the cl whilst he was here.

He destroyed many a team but i am talking about the business end of the season and finals and knockout games, many are missing the point i made. He scored against madrid in the cl but when he got to the final he bottled it and has quite a reputation for it. Other forums, including arsenal ones will say as much.

not being rude here but FFS big games, not normal games, big fucking games, finals, knockouts, business end when it matters! not that hard to understand surely

Also surely not that hard to understand that if you don't score the winner in the 95th minute of a cup final, that doesn't make you a massive bottler.

Not scoring in a final isn't bottling it you pleb. You could atleast come with a proper reason instead of something weak like this

Not scoring in a final isn't bottling it you pleb

no but missing easy chances is especially considering you bang them in for fun for the rest of the season

will leave it there, not into personal insults myself.

There are many that share the view henry goes missing and i am sure there are many who disagree. However go and watch all of the big games henry has played in

football fans watching henry in big games.

He banged in untold goals and got a huge amount of assists but when it really mattered he was quiet. He was still world class and one of the best to ever play in england but he was not great under pressure.

I'd love shit players like that!

Bringing in Henry, and say, Arda... and we are worlds better than we are right now.

Who the fuck is this Arda chap and how many times have you seen him?

Never a bottlerer.

His performance against Inter at the San Siro was nothing short of phenomenal, and if I really cared enough I could pick more than a couple of others. He wasn't nearly as bad as people make out he was in the CL final either.

Arda Turan. Watched him have a great tournament with Turkey, and play well against us with Galatasaray.

You probably noticed him as well, if you could remember his name.

Where's he play?