You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If anyone missed Newsnight last night....

RobbieOR

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Peter Marshall who put that piece together was at Hillsborough and is a good red, he wanted to go further than he did in the report but had to abide by BBC editorial principles.

Peter Marshall who put that piece together was at Hillsborough and is a good red, he wanted to go further than he did in the report but had to abide by BBC editorial principles.

They wouldn't let him use 'Cunting, lying, evidence tampering South Yorkshire Police' then?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Still got the basic point across Andy, that's the main thing.

True, but I think it's worth pointing out how frustrated he was with various things, especially South Yorkshire police

The truth will out one day, so long as we never forget

I see this like it was yesterday every time i close my eyes, i see my own sort of TV camera looking through my eyes and replaying everything i saw that day.

Then the feelings of confusion and not knowing what was going on or indeed what had happened from people thinking it was fighting to thinking a barrier had collapsed even on the walk back to the car and not being able to ring home to say everything was ok and not to worry i was alright

A very sad day that needs to have the truth told so that the families of the lost souls can have closure and the real lessons can be learned

Guest Francie Brady

Great piece Robbie i have to spread the rep but you will be repped when i get chance.

The words there still fighting made me want to get sick.

Justice for the 96

There can't be enough programmes like this on in the next few weeks. The anniversary is a further opportunity to demand, through the convicton and passion if the families, for justice.

If the issue is allowed to go away then the best we can hope for is a condescending apology in about 30 years' time, which will mean about as much as saying sorry for slavery.

One thing that did get me a little concerned was that I'm sure at one point someone went down the line of "lessons need to be learnt and haven't". That's not a good line to take as not only is it not true, as the Taylor report clearly led to lots of crowd control lessons being learnt, but it also allows opportunity for the issue to be moved a bit.

Just a thought.

One thing that did get me a little concerned was that I'm sure at one point someone went down the line of "lessons need to be learnt and haven't". That's not a good line to take as not only is it not true, as the Taylor report clearly led to lots of crowd control lessons being learnt, but it also allows opportunity for the issue to be moved a bit.

Just a thought.

Well done for bring this up, huge lessons have been learnt following the disaster. During my time as a steward at Anfield, we were constantly told of the progress and how Anfield (as a stadium) is used as a benchmark for an old stadia being modernised and made one of the safest around. We used to see safety reps from all over Europe being shown round, and witnessing how the matchday operation runs.

Although that line could be taken as having a go at the people who don't realise what really went on at the ground and are ignorant to the facts.

The words there still fighting made me want to get sick.

The Forest fans chanted "You're just a bunch of wankers" when they saw people climbing over the fence. They obviously thought it was a pitch invasion. A few hundred of our fans charged towards the Forest end when they heard the chant and the police formed a line across the half-way line to prevent any confrontation.

The copper that told the ambulanceman that they were still fighting was probably referring to that incident and was confused about what was happening.

The Forest fans chanted "You're just a bunch of wankers" when they saw people climbing over the fence. They obviously thought it was a pitch invasion. A few hundred of our fans charged towards the Forest end when they heard the chant and the police formed a line across the half-way line to prevent any confrontation.

The copper that told the ambulanceman that they were still fighting was probably referring to that incident and was confused about what was happening.

that's a very generous interpretation

that's a very generous interpretation

Most people who weren't in Leppings Lane were not aware of what was happening. I was in the North Stand and everybody sitting by me thought it was a pitch invasion for the first few minutes after the game was stopped.