You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This may seem a strange question, but to be honest "enjoyment" is not the word for me. I'm like an expectant Dad with a bundle of nerves waiting for the final whistle. Maybe I worry to much watching a live match, maybe I'm unusual feeling like that. Does anyone else feel the same?

Everytime we score the first goal, yes. Until then I'm shitting bricks. Recently I've loved watching some of our players; Xabi Alonsos passing excellence, his calm and flair and Mascheranos determination plus fuck-you-all-attitude. There's a lot of confidence on the pitch, our full-backs and wingers have it, Gerrard, Pepe and Reina. God I love this team. Haven't been so many characters in LFC since I was a kid and we had Fowler, Macca etcetera. Happy days, really.

Brick it till we get a commanding lead or game over. Way worse for the big games Michael J Fox wouldn't out shake me. Like "Jennings" I find it much easier to take a loss when at the game I suppose because everyone is in the same boat where as in the local you have every fucker from every team you hate giving you shit.

Its rare i finish a game with all finger nails intact. And when i bite them too far down it makes the simple tasks such as writing, picking bogies and holding sports implements painful.

This leans me to think i spend more time nervous than in enjoyment of what im watching, whilst also adding i have 4 nails currently which i would def not have had a month ago.

If poss can we keep winning by 3,4 or 5 goals to preserve my nails please Rafa me old dog sausage!

It depends. I've found some of the drab, prosaic shite we've mainly played over the last few years utterly awful to watch and my enjoyment is definitely closely linked to scoring goals and ultimately winning. However, I don't get anywhere near as wound up watching a match as I used to and I also find I can take more pleasure in the little things these days, like a sweet touch or a great tackle. Don't get me wrong, I've always noticed and appreciated such things, but when I was younger there was no pleasure in them as I was too tense about the outcome of the match/tie/season.

It's not enjoyment in the sense of going to a concert or suchlike , but this is what gives football its drug-like hold on us I suppose.

I am always convinced we will never score & that the opposition will score every time they cross the half-way line. I am far less nervous if I am at the game , but a bundle of nerves if watching on tv or ( much worse ) radio.

I can usually settle a bit if we get 2 up as I can't think of many occasions we have blown such a lead under Rafa.

It's not enjoyment in the sense of going to a concert or suchlike , but this is what gives football its drug-like hold on us I suppose.

I am always convinced we will never score & that the opposition will score every time they cross the half-way line. I am far less nervous if I am at the game , but a bundle of nerves if watching on tv or ( much worse ) radio.

I can usually settle a bit if we get 2 up as I can't think of many occasions we have blown such a lead under Rafa.

Spot on Roger, it is a drug. Especailly when watching a CL semi or against the scum or Chelsea etc. It the nearest I'll get to being a smackhead I suppose. Thankfully.

Wouldn't change it for the world, though.

No. Well, ish.

When we get the goal then mostly yes, I could be wrong but think we've been beaten once in 3 years when we get the first goal, however I'm nervous and furious most of the time. Like others , though I find watching the intricacies of Alonso's game very enjoyable. I also enjoy our European away days/ when we go 1-0 up at another teams ground and just stick men behind the ball, knowing fine well that there is no chance they're going to break us down.

I enjoy watching matches when the scoreline is in no doubt, but , for some reason I really, really enjoyed our game at Portsmouth a few weeks ago.

No. Well, ish.

When we get the goal then mostly yes, I could be wrong but think we've been beaten once in 3 years when we get the first goal, however I'm nervous and furious most of the time. Like others , though I find watching the intricacies of Alonso's game very enjoyable. I also enjoy our European away days/ when we go 1-0 up at another teams ground and just stick men behind the ball, knowing fine well that there is no chance they're going to break us down.

I enjoy watching matches when the scoreline is in no doubt, but , for some reason I really, really enjoyed our game at Portsmouth a few weeks ago.

The Portsmouth game was probably the most angry ive felt during a game all season, it was lucky Kuyt & Torres came off the bench to save us, it was a terrible performance against a shit team

The Portsmouth game was probably the most angry ive felt during a game all season, it was lucky Kuyt & Torres came off the bench to save us, it was a terrible performance against a shit team

Disagree. Easily one of our better performances with two good halves , a rarity this season, and attacking intent.

I'm surprised you were angry at that when , the likes of the Liege double header or the 'Boro(h) match spring to mind , particularly the latter, as performances which enraged me.

It's been a long season.

Its a good question. I don't actually "enjoy" watching us live on the tv in an important game. If we win, I then enjoy every highlights programme going yet I have never watched the highlights of a game that we have lost - ever.

I can't sit in a chair whilst watching, instead stand or pace around. I have far more important things going on to worry about and don't know why it has this hold.

It's life. It's the only tangible part of my life that has remained with me since I was a child. I need Liverpool football club as much as I need air to breathe....and it effects me in that manner of absolutism. The idea of us losing is just unbearable - I mean, really unbearable... I'm nervous when watching either at home or at the game (which is most times, home/away/europe - I'm lucky enough to have the money and an understanding missus to miss very few games in more than a few decades) but I never panic or have a head-fit even at 0-3 down in Istanbul I was one of those chanting 'Believe' and really meaning it. My kids are every bit the same - fans, but determined sometimes grimly so - and stoic - support til the end...I can't do it any other way. Sing your lungs out and when we win - wow.

I enjoy watching us live more than I do on TV. I think having the outlet of being able to sing/shout/clap etc at the game means that I don't get too nervous but watching on TV I'm terrible, really nervous until the game is won and we're out of sight.

That said, I wouldn't swap those feelings for anything.

sharing a season ticket I've been really unlucky with the games I've been to this season (think I've been at every draw but one!) and the away games I've been to (boro, spurs and Wigan) have been even fucking worse. So no, I've definitely not enjoyed this season! Not one bit.

Typically, Villa the other day was my match, and for mundane family reasons that I won't bore you with, I couldn't make it!! Fucksake... haha

But prior to every game i'm always buzzing and properly excited. I never really go in to a game not enjoying it, it's the match itself that often affects that on me.

I only go the home games so i've probably seen as many poor quality, boring games as i have good ones this season. Hopefully we've turned the corner there and if we're still challenging at the end of the season the end will justify the means. I enjoy being there though cos of the singing and atmosphere but that entirely depends on getting a Kop ticket whcih i've done pretty well with this season.

i was reading through this thread with varying different opinions of what i feel and whther i enjoy it.

Overall, i do at the match, less so in the boozer. Its wierd, but this season i have been to only 3 matches, the last of which was Madrid.

that game was very strange in terms of enjoyment. I thoroughly enjoyed it obviously, but i didnt really enjoy the goals as much as normal, i didnt have the same shot of euphoria, i enjoyed the match far far more than the individual goals.

i was reading through this thread with varying different opinions of what i feel and whther i enjoy it.

Overall, i do at the match, less so in the boozer. Its wierd, but this season i have been to only 3 matches, the last of which was Madrid.

that game was very strange in terms of enjoyment. I thoroughly enjoyed it obviously, but i didnt really enjoy the goals as much as normal, i didnt have the same shot of euphoria, i enjoyed the match far far more than the individual goals.

I felt a bit the same against Villa. I was saying afterwards, it was boringly easy. I think the fact that both games were over by half time had something to do with this.

On the whole, I would take boring 4/5 goal wins every week of course, rather than than tension ridden poor 0-0 or 1-0 games.

You are me to a tee !!

Repped for similarity