You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe latest effort

PaulMcC

Are you serious?

Yes I`m serious.

A manager who has not won anything in 4 years, a manager who hold talks with other clubs while still under contract, a manager who now is "desperatly" wanting to stay so he can get his big payday.

Again yes I`m serious.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I`m serious.

A manager who has not won anything in 4 years, a manager who hold talks with other clubs while still under contract, a manager who now is "desperatly" wanting to stay so he can get his big payday.

Again yes I`m serious.

It is wrong though Code. Not just because the manager is Rafa, because its just wrong.

I wish they all fuck off soon. They all spend too much time fucking around and "briefing" the press. Bunch of fucking cunts.

It is wrong, but when it's against someone who is quite willing to play the briefing game himself (even against a few of his players) sympathy is in short supply.

True....that is why I hope they ALL fuck off.

Whatever people say about Houller and Parry, things were at least done in the Liverpool way then.

We have some seriously selfish cunts at the club right now.

The vicious tittle tattle that the ruling clique on here has been producing remorselessly and with increasing obsessiveness for more than twelve months is the Petri dish in which Bascombe cultivates his weekly serving of poisonous tripe in the Sun's sister tabloid.

The ruling clique on here (and their idiot apprentices) are like an inbred gaggle of superannuated Troskyites constantly trying to reassure themselves that they are still relevant. Their febrile plots and counter-plots do not even have the merit of wit. They are no more than ponderously transparent lies, gossip, mischievous speculation and outright prejudice.

Their breathelss hints that there is some kind of communication between this site and Gerrard, Carragher and Bascombe - the paid biographer of those two "stalwarts" - adds to the sleaziness of the gossip that emanates from this site about LFC - especially about Rafa and the players he has signed.

Needless to say, I think LFC is very lucky to have Rafa. He is far too good for the ruling clique on here.

Hello Leon, fuck it's nice to see you survided the ice pick attack. Or hang on a minut it's wolfy isn't it.....Freedom for Tooting

Yes I`m serious.

Again yes I`m serious.

Every single thing you've put in that post bar the trophy haul is based on rumours and conjecture from people on internet forums.

Ignore your disdain for Rafa, in what line of business is someone going to be able to do a good job when around every corner is someone looking to stick the knife in. It's a shit situation and it's no suprise that Rafa has come unstuck when he appears to have pretty much no support from inside the club at all.

You could almost call it bullying.

It is wrong, but when it's against someone who is quite willing to play the briefing game himself (even against a few of his players) sympathy is in short supply.

Precisely. I can't love whoever is using the press to spread viciousness about the manager, but I can't love the manager either who has never been above playing those little games.

I said it in another thread; the hierarchy of who has to leave for our club to be healed is as follows:

1. Owners.

2. Manager.

3. Owners flunkies (I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt for increasing revenue).

4. Half the squad.

It's like bluenoses with their Scouseometer. I'm perfectly willing to accept the city is 50/50. When they get onto their moronic out of towner nonsense and claiming 'superiority' that's when the contempt rises.

But our two 'sides' are so ludicrously divided now on the manager that the mere presence of the man is causing chaos.

It's not ideal but maybe a new one can at least provide some temporary truce and more importantly some unity on more pressing issues.

Someone saw Rafa together with his lawyer in London.

What I want to know is does it really matter if there was any lawyers or not present at any of these meetings?

Another question I have not got answered yet is why would it be against the clubs interests if senior sources at the club briefed the press against the manager?

(quote)

The lawyer thing was in the Guardian.

All it said was Rafa met his lawyers.

Now the official press release from the club does not mention any lawyers present at the meeting.

I thought the lawyers he used Hill Dickinson llp are based in Liverpool.

Not that it is a major point.

What is a major issue to me is the fact,if Rafa is either sacked or leaves,it would put a certain person at the club in sole charge of player sales at the club,until a new manager is found.

I agree with the Rafa should be replaced,however imo Nando and Stevie have more chance of not being sold while he is still here.

If he does go,it leaves it open for the owners to sell any player without any opposition at the club.

Thats the frightening thought for me.

Torres and Gerrard aren't inanimate objects.

If they're going I seriously doubt Rafa's presence will prevent it. According to some, it'll make it more likely.

But I keep forgetting if they're the nasty rumour mongers or the nailed on fact ones.

It's not ideal but maybe a new one can at least provide some temporary truce and more importantly some unity on more pressing issues.

Maybe the truce can be called with the one that we have now then!

Sorry but you seem to be saying, if the other 50% get their own way maybe we can all get on with things!

If you think I am going to forget what has been said this past 18 months and just 'move on' you can piss off.

You can't expect to go around calling people 'soft cunts' amongst other things (not you, nor a few others on here) and then expect sunshine when you get what you want.

Say for instance the Pygmy does come here, and we are 8 or 9th place in the league, and I start criticising him and point out that I said all along he wouldn't win the league etc, do you think the TLW Glee club will be supporting my right to criticise or do you think they will be calling me a 'soft cunt' for criticising the manager.

Maybe the truce can be called with the one that we have now then!

Sorry but you seem to be saying, if the other 50% get their own way maybe we can all get on with things!

If you think I am going to forget what has been said this past 18 months and just 'move on' you can piss off.

You can't expect to go around calling people 'soft cunts' amongst other things (not you, nor a few others on here) and then expect sunshine when you get what you want.

Say for instance the Pygmy does come here, and we are 8 or 9th place in the league, and I start criticising him and point out that I said all along he wouldn't win the league etc, do you think the TLW Glee club will be supporting my right to criticise or do you think they will be calling me a 'soft cunt' for criticising the manager.

I'll be joining in most likely!

Sorry but a manager can't survive with half the crowd against him and enemies within the club itself. As with Houllier a good portion of the 'supportive' half will just be doing it out of principle. Difference between now and 2004 is your response being widespread and anyone new not getting the full backing Rafa got.

I agree it's like Labour in the 80's; "we must all unite and do what WE say" but if I've gauged it correctly most people do not expect much from 10/11. If that happens under Rafa next year will be excruciating and relations will only get darker and nastier.

A new boss, like Houllier in 98/99, may just get the easier ride to stabilise the whole playing side of things.

The financial side is another matter but I can't throw myself behind someone who in my opinion is doing his best to swipe another 10m (drop in the ocean that it is) from the club for doing fuck all.

What I want to know is does it really matter if there was any lawyers or not present at any of these meetings?

Another question I have not got answered yet is why would it be against the clubs interests if senior sources at the club briefed the press against the manager?

I`d argue it might be the exact opposite since he obviously do not have the dignity to resign considering he has failed miserably at his job and now instead is desperatly clingining onto his payout after Juve realised what they were dealing with and dropped their interest in him.

Ha ha - you seem to be unable to discern the difference between internet rumour/lies and facts. I'm disapointed in you, Code.

As others have said - it's easy to have a go at Rafa due to the shite footie on display last season. Isn't that enough? Nobody dIsagrees that we weren't good enough. Is there any need for all these pathetic and snidey lies and the making up stuff?

I'll be joining in most likely!

Sorry but a manager can't survive with half the crowd against him and enemies within the club itself. As with Houllier a good portion of the 'supportive' half will just be doing it out of principle. Difference between now and 2004 is your response being widespread and anyone new not getting the full backing Rafa got.

I'm not convinced it is 50/50, if think there are those who want him gone full stop, and there are those who think his time has come but wouldn't begrudge him anothear year.

Just as there are those who think he can't do no wrong and those who think he has another year to prove himself.

There are a lot of question marks over this season, to me is Rafa playing politics because that is in his nature or because he feels that he needs to! Kenny when faced with Noel White said 'fuck this' and walked, or he certainly put the ball in the clubs court, Rafa, after coming from a country where this type of behaviour is common has simply used politics to fight his corner, at least that is my reading of it.

As I have said earlier, I think Shankly would admire Rafa's willingness to scrap with the heirarchy but that is just my opinion.

I have tried to think back to Geds last season and Roys last season, and I can't recall performances akin to Sunderland, Benfica, Madrid, Tottenham etc.

The question to me is, are we going to improve upon Rafa?

Now that might not necessarily be a case of getting a better manager, but given the choice between O'Neil and Rafa I want Rafa to stay, given the choice between a moribund Rafa and more of the same and someone like Martinez or Van Basten and I would certainly consider it.

Again, Goatie, i don't think anybody is defending Rafa in his enthusiastic politicking and serial briefing - it does him no favours.

That doesn't excuse others peddling lies, rumours and half truths. It's like a scene from one of those old Hammer films with a baying mob wielding pitchforks - embarrassing.

I`d argue it might be the exact opposite since he obviously do not have the dignity to resign considering he has failed miserably at his job and now instead is desperatly clingining onto his payout after Juve realised what they were dealing with and dropped their interest in him.

I definitely understand the concern as it would mean that Rafa has no real control over his hand rubbing problem. We know that the first time he met Purslow, he just wouldn't stop rubbing his hands together despite Purslow's constant objections; indeed, men had to be called in to stop Benitez as Purslow tried to escape( from what I heard there were cries of " what are you doing,Rafa? No, don't rub your hands over here. Jesus*).

If Benitez is bringing friends - who he cleverly claims are lawyers - to meetings in order to stop his grotesque problem then it sends a big message that he must be relieved of duty and, for his own sake, get some help

* Actual conversation may not have happened.*

I'm not convinced it is 50/50, if think there are those who want him gone full stop, and there are those who think his time has come but wouldn't begrudge him anothear year.

Just as there are those who think he can't do no wrong and those who think he has another year to prove himself.

There are a lot of question marks over this season, to me is Rafa playing politics because that is in his nature or because he feels that he needs to! Kenny when faced with Noel White said 'fuck this' and walked, or he certainly put the ball in the clubs court, Rafa, after coming from a country where this type of behaviour is common has simply used politics to fight his corner, at least that is my reading of it.

As I have said earlier, I think Shankly would admire Rafa's willingness to scrap with the heirarchy but that is just my opinion.

I have tried to think back to Geds last season and Roys last season, and I can't recall performances akin to Sunderland, Benfica, Madrid, Tottenham etc.

The question to me is, are we going to improve upon Rafa?

Now that might not necessarily be a case of getting a better manager, but given the choice between O'Neil and Rafa I want Rafa to stay, given the choice between a moribund Rafa and more of the same and someone like Martinez or Van Basten and I would certainly consider it.

You assume Rafa's corner is our corner, call me cynical but I really don't think it is. I'd be all for the 'deserved extra season' if it wasn't for Juve and the politics. All the people fighting his little propaganda battles for him simply don't realise how much others are digging their heels in as a result. Fighting fire with fire? Who really struck the first match?

Nice use of the word 'etc', after listing 4 good games you were struggling weren't you!

I'll check Liverweb for 2004 but off the top of my head we were excellent at Birmingham, late on, and could boast away wins at Chelsea and United.

That's actually the first time I've seen Martinez mentioned.

With Lerner doing all the talking currently your nightmare may be taking shape!

Again, Goatie, i don't think anybody is defending Rafa in his enthusiastic politicking and serial briefing - it does him no favours.

That doesn't excuse others peddling lies, rumours and half truths. It's like a scene from one of those old Hammer films with a baying mob wielding pitchforks - embarrassing.

With Michael Ripper at the front!

Except here there are two mobs, with both pretending they're not really a mob.