You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnificent performance by him today. There is not at football player alive who is better at judging where a long ball will land than him. The moment the goalie kicks the ball he just KNOWS where to stand.

He was probably our most dangerous player today as well. And all that without match practice. Most of our players could take a big leaf out of Samis book for professionalism.

We should keep Sami until he's 45! More aerially dominant than pretty much anyone. Whenever we are holding onto a lead and we need someone to head the ball away when we're under pressure we should bring him on, like at Stamford Bridge this season he was only on the pitch for a minute or two but he still won two or three headers if I remember correctly. Fucking love him. Legend, such a great servant to the club.

Funny how we get twice as big a threat on set pieces with him playing. I hope he'll pass on his skills. Class game by the big man today. Match fit? Who fucking cares? Sami is always up for it.

Oh and, get him back in the Champions League squad as quick as possible.

Well played, Sami, but didnt Agger miss about four sitters recently too ?

Greatest defender I have had the privilege of seeing. I really hope he becomes a coach with us, and gets a testimonial. Infact, I would go as far as to say, he is my favourite Liverpool player of all time.

He's fucking ace is Sami.

Yeah he did, but we have looked far more solid at the back with Sami in there than Agger.

We've not exactly looked ropey with him (Agger) in though have we ? He wasnt up to Skrtels standards when he came back, but after 18 months out that was hardly surprising. And due to Samis lack of pace, we have to play a deeper defensive line, which makes us less compact.

We've not exactly looked ropey with him (Agger) in though have we ? He wasnt up to Skrtels standards when he came back, but after 18 months out that was hardly surprising. And due to Samis lack of pace, we have to play a deeper defensive line, which makes us less compact.

I personally think we have. Or we have looked nowhere near as solid when Skrtel or Hyypia have been alongside Carra.

I personally think we have. Or we have looked nowhere near as solid when Skrtel or Hyypia have been alongside Carra.

I agree with you, I just think it's taken a few games for him to get back to his best. I thought we missed his ability to bring the ball out last night, though attacking wise Sami is as good if not better.

I agree with you, I just think it's taken a few games for him to get back to his best. I thought we missed his ability to bring the ball out last night, though attacking wise Sami is as good if not better.

That's a very good point that, it hasn't even crossed my mind. Although in Sami's defence he yet again proved he is our one threat on set pieces.

Sorry I think we have looked ropey at the back with agger. But this is a thread for Sami and I said last night he wouldnt let us down.

And he didnt!

I say this a man who reckons Sami is the best Liverpool defender of all time , the best defender in the current squad and my favourite Liverpool player ever- I don't think he should have started last night or rather not at the expense of Agger.

In a match where we showed a lack of guile and urgency I think Dan was missed. Thinking about it , I may have had him in alongside Alonso , pushing Xabi further forward and allowing Gerrard to play a bit more advanced. Of course if Sami puts the ball in the top corner , I'd not be saying anything.

I love Sami.

He's my favourite player of all time (much as my username may suggest differently). An absolute legend, best defender in premiership history, the ultimate pro, fantastic leader, lovely hair.... he's just got it all. A class act and I'm still gutted he's not captain any more (Sorry Stevie). Every young player should look to Sami as there is not a better role model of a footballer on the planet. I fucking hate it that he's going to retire soon. I just can't get my head round the fact that after this season I'll never see him play football again. Fuck you age!