You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The West Wing

Section_31

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WILL 
I thought he was going to have to fall all over himself trying to be genial. 

SAM 
So did we. But then, we were convinced by polling that said he was going to be seen as arrogant no matter what performance he gave in the debate. And then, that morning at 3:10, my phone rings, and it's Toby Ziegler. He says, "Don't you get it? It's a gift that they're irreversibly convinced that he's arrogant 'cause now he can be." If your guy's seen that way, you might as well knock some bodies down with it. 

• 1 month later...

Toby: Abbey told me this story once. She said you where at a party once where you were bending this guy's ear. You were telling him that Ellie had mastered her multiplication table and she was in third-grade reading at a fifth-grade level and she loved books and she scored two goals for her soccer team the week before, you were going on and on... And what made that story remarkable is that the party you were at was in Stockholm and the man you were talking to was King Gustav, who two hours earlier had given you the Noble Prize in economics. [Laughs]. I mean, my God, you just won the Noble Prize and all you wanted to talk about was Ellie's multiplication table.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Depends really. Some of what makes it cool is political, but most of it has nothing to do with politics really. Give a couple of episodes a go and see how you like it.

• 1 month later...

Nancy McNally: Leo. Chairman Fitzwallace.

Fitz: Dr. McNally.

Nancy: Let's attack

Fitz: Who?

Nancy: Qumar. Let's recommend to the president that we attack.

Leo: Why?

Nancy: 'Cause I've had it.

Fitz: I don't think the U.N is going to let us do it for that reason.

Nancy: That's 'cause you're a sissy.

Watched series 1 recently and liked it but after about 4 ridiculous flag waving 'God Bless America' episodes of series 2 i simply cant be arsed anymore.

Did you finish season 2 though? It finishes with one of the best episodes of any TV show ever.

• 1 year later...

"What will I remember? What will I tell my Grandchildren? I'll tell them that I stood on the Great Wall of China; and I stood in the well of the U.S House of Representatives; I'll tell them I sat with Kings and Cardinals and made an appointment to the Supreme Court: And I'll tell them one morning in September, I got to spend a few minutes with the men and women of Air Wing One - God bless you and your families and may he continue to shed his magnificence great on the United States of America."

• 1 month later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Game of thrones is definitely the program to watch if you don't like politics.

Haha. Yeah, West Wing is less political than GoT.