You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should employ that roman sheild turtle formation for this one. That way they cannot stop us marching but we must all bring SQUARE sheilds for this one as if anyone brings a round sheild again therell be hell to pay as everything depends on this, Micheal Sheilds would be a bonus but I can't see our governemnt securing his release in time for this game. Anyway Hicks and Gillet will throw spears and fire arrows but if we keep close and leave no gaps they shouldn't get through. The one thing to watch out for though is boiling hot gravel filled tar poured from above, can never quite get my head around it and nearly always end up running away screaming in agony as my very skin boils whenever this sort of thing arises. Some people manage to get through protests without this sort of thing happening to them but I am always thwarted by it, suppose I should stay at the back if we have to use a battering ram to get inside the ground or just keep well clear really.

That's funny as fuck. Repped.

I think we'll see this team:

Reina

Arbeloa Carra Skrtel Dossena

Mascherano

Alonso Lucas

Kuyt Babel/Keane

Torres/Keane (depending on Torres' fitness)

We will win 1-0, and I have a weird and wonderful feeling that Ngog will come off the bench to score the winner.

Edited by GJM
sent in error!

I had a dream the other day, that we won 2-0. Riera scored, and the second was an own goal/deflection of some sort.

Gonna put a couple of quid on us to win 2-0, Riera first goal. Should get good odds on that.

Babel won't start. He'll come of the bench. Reira will start on the left of a 4-2-3-1

--------Reina

Arbeloa Carra Skrtyl Dossena

---Masher------Xabi

Kuyt-----Keane----Riera

-------Torres

If Torres is not available I would put Kuyt up top and play more 4-4-1-1 with Keane and Kuyt playing close together. Babel or Benayoun on the right, even pennant!!!

This is a huge game for us, and Rafa. If Rafa goes for the jugular and we beat them, then I believe we will be serious contenders for the title this season.

No sitting back and letting them dictate the game. No, "a point will be good enough". Go at the cunts from the first whistle. Give them no time on the ball, no respect shown.

Oh, and calm The Chief down a bit ! :P

I think Rafa and the players owe us big time with this one.

Rafa's been outfoxed consistently by Ferguson, bar one FA Cup game. Surely he realises that if we approach this with the predicatable caution of the last few seasons, the best we can hope for is a narrow defeat?

The players have failed to show up in these games too. The complete lack of imagination and fight and we showed in the two fixtures last year was depressing and infuriating in equal measure.

Show some fucking spine lads.

I think Rafa and the players owe us big time with this one.

Rafa's been outfoxed consistently by Ferguson, bar one FA Cup game. Surely he realises that if we approach this with the predicatable caution of the last few seasons, the best we can hope for is a narrow defeat?

The players have failed to show up in these games too. The complete lack of imagination and fight and we showed in the two fixtures last year was depressing and infuriating in equal measure.

Show some fucking spine lads.

I don't think Rafa's been outfoxed, really. Ferguscum has been making United play extremely cautious against us since Rafa's arrival.

They just sit back and wait for a set piece oppurtunity because we are weak on defending them sort of like Bolton except with the refs in their pocket.

We just need to take full advantage of ANY opportunity that comes our way in the game, whilst at the same time not caving in under pressure if the game stays tight right up until the last few minutes.

If its 0-0 after 70mins, then you can be sure that it will us under pressure, because we always shit ourselves thinking its just a matter of time before they score. Whilst at the same time Manu grow towards the end, because they expect it as much as we do! The mindset has to absolutely spot on from the off, because its what always lets us down whenever we play this shower.

Gerrard is spot on here.

Steven Gerrard: Show the bottle to beat Manchester United

Sep 8 2008 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

STEVEN GERRARD has urged Liverpool to show the bottle to go out and beat Manchester United this weekend - even if he isn't able to lead the Reds himself.

Gerrard admits that the eagerly awaited visit of the champions to Anfield may come just a little too soon for him after his recent groin op.

But he believes that with a positive attitude the Reds can score a significant victory.

“When we play them (United and Chelsea),” he said, “we’ve got to get the right balance between being organised and strong defensively, yet having the bottle to go and win. Going into these games negatively and too defensively, you can still lose, as we have done.

“Against Chelsea in the cups, we’ve done them more than they’ve done us, but in the league we have to be a bit more attack-minded to win.

“Over the last couple of years we've gone into games against United and Chelsea very organised tactically – defensive if you like – and still lost 1-0.

“Have the same sound defence and show more guts going forward, and it could be 1-0 to us.

“In these matches the first goal is massive; if you concede it, nine times out of 10 you don’t get back. It’s important a few risks are taken to try to score that goal because it gives you such a psychological boost.”

Gerrard is hoping to be fit to return for the midweek Champions League trip to Marseille, after revealing: “The decision about surgery was taken after our game against Standard Liege. I had a meeting with the club doctor on the day of the game and said the discomfort was getting to the stage where I couldn’t continue.

“I’d had to double, then treble, my dose of painkillers to train and play, and I was having to take them during games. You get to the stage where you can't grind it out any longer. I told the doctor, ‘I can’t find my level, I can’t get to 100per cent because I’m missing training sessions and I don’t feel right in games. I don’t feel I can go to the max’. I couldn’t sprint flat out, couldn’t pass more than 30 yards and couldn’t shoot properly and, as much as you want to be out there for every game, there are times when you have got to forget about England and Liverpool and get yourself right.

“I have a decent chance for the Champions League game in Marseilles. I’ve spoken to the manager and told him I’d like to do a certain amount of training before I come back. I don’t want to go into a big game only having had one session with the boys.”

Gerrard also revealed he had spoken to manager Rafa Benitez about his future role in the side.

“In the summer I looked him in the eye and told him where I want to play, which is centre midfield,” he added.

“I told him that’s the way I like to play, you get the most out of me when I’m box-to-box, defending at one end, then getting my passing game going and getting to the edge of the box for shots. I find it difficult to play how I want in the other positions.

“I love it when a manager says to me, ‘You’re playing in the middle, I want you to go and run this game’. That’s music to my ears. Rafa told me, when the Robbie Keane deal went through, that his plan was to play Keane behind [Fernando] Torres and to drop me back to play centrally. I know Rafa Benitez better than most people now and in some games he’ll ask me to play different roles, but he knows what I prefer.

“Other players don’t get shunted around because they can’t do it. I can’t go and play on the right or the left and become Kaka or Robinho, I just go out, give 100per cent and do a steady job.

“I’ll work hard, do my bit defensively and help the team. That’s why managers do it to me, but it is affecting me. My game suffers when my position is changed. I’m a central midfielder and in the big games I want to play in the middle and show that I’m one of the very best in that position.

“For Liverpool, I’ve played everywhere bar in goal: centre-half at Coventry, left-back at Maine Road and right-back nearly 40 times.

“Five or six years ago, I used to hate playing on the right or the left with a passion, so much so that I couldn’t prepare properly for the game. It really used to destroy me but as the years have gone by, because it has happened to me so many times under different managers, I’ve got to the stage where I block it out and do the best I can.”