You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking hell, here's a show that's deffo gone on too long now.

Caught some of it before, and they've replaced Osbourne with Tweedy - who despite looking the part - isn't really in a position to tell someone they can't sing.

It's formulaic fair, you can tell the ones who are going to get through because they show a two minute interview with the presenter before he goes in, where he explains he's only there tonight because his mum's head exploded six months ago and this was her dying wish before her brains were spread all over the kitchen floor.

Then one judge gives him the thumbs down, and it all hinges on Cowell, who takes an age, but then PUTS HIM THROUGH WOOOOO!!!! and then 'you lift me up' by Westlife comes on in the background.

That's the American dream folks.

(What happened to the last winner again? And that Steve Brookstein, and Shane whatsisname - there's a running theme here)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who went for an audition on the XFactor. You have to go through an audition before hand with random judges before you can see Cowell and his henchmen.

Tis true.

Producers put them into 'Blingers', 'Mingers' and 'Singers'.

That's why you end up seeing completely rubbish old singers (mingers), flashy wannabees (blingers) and then the potential stars (singers).

It could be presented by Eunice Huthart who has to run up 'The Travelator' at the end to get the phone in results from the envelope holding fellow at the top. They could have smoke effects and that guy who does the recapping on Blind Date could say 'return to energiser' as she does it, to add to the dazzling atmos. Not sure how they'd fill the rest of the 28 minutes allotted for this show but I agree in principle.

I love it when it gets going. I agree about the auditions part being too formulaic but once the judges have picked their 3 singers each and they sing every week its rather good.

I prefer the formulaic audition mong, sob story, excellent singer stuff. I know what's going on, I know the script, but I like it.

At the end of the day there are people following their dreams and having moments of joy and sadness. Despite all the production and fabrication, it's a very human story.

I prefer the formulaic audition mong, sob story, excellent singer stuff. I know what's going on, I know the script, but I like it.

At the end of the day there are people following their dreams and having moments of joy and sadness. Despite all the production and fabrication, it's a very human story.

The thing I don't get is why they celebrate so much after getting through 'one round' they put a load of people through, so their chances are still pretty slim.

Fucking hell, here's a show that's deffo gone on too long now.

Caught some of it before, and they've replaced Osbourne with Tweedy - who despite looking the part - isn't really in a position to tell someone they can't sing.

It's formulaic fair, you can tell the ones who are going to get through because they show a two minute interview with the presenter before he goes in, where he explains he's only there tonight because his mum's head exploded six months ago and this was her dying wish before her brains were spread all over the kitchen floor.

Then one judge gives him the thumbs down, and it all hinges on Cowell, who takes an age, but then PUTS HIM THROUGH WOOOOO!!!! and then 'you lift me up' by Westlife comes on in the background.

That's the American dream folks.

(What happened to the last winner again? And that Steve Brookstein, and Shane whatsisname - there's a running theme here)

Ha ha that is so accurate it's a scary. That Cowell makes the show about him as much as the singers, the big egoed mofo.

Problem is, you'd think the success of a show like the X Factor would be predicated on the people who win it acualy becoming pop stars, but they don't, so what's the point? They end up doing an 'x factor tour' and earning about a hundred quid a night each while Cowell rakes it in.

"oooh the voting is neck and neck, can you believe there's only one vote between them! You'd better get dialing!" (calls cost £1 from BT landlines, lines may already be closed, caller discretion is advised)

Has anyone else noticed that every week begins as a disaster, where they can't find anyone good enough to go through, but then suddenly perks up towards the end. It's a pretty amazing co-incidence.

I'm not fan btw, unfortunately I have no control over the remote and it usually comes on the TV while I'm eating my tea.

Hehe yes I've noticed that too.

I'll watch the auditions, and then don't bother after that. It's pretty funny to see the same deluded twats year in year out saying 'music is my life' and swearing blind they're better than Whitney Houston.

It's all pretty shit after the auditions.

Same here. I watch the auditions and then nothing else.

There was one on a few years ago, some big fat minger from Cardiff was on it and thought she was the new Whitney Houston, her fella bought a dress for her to wear at the audition which looked like it cost £5.99. She got bommy nighted by Simon Cowell & Co then her whole family came in and harassed him to death saying he had ruined her life. It was the funniest thing i've seen for years, every deluded person who lives in a parallel universe where they think that they are amazing at anything should be made to go on X-factor to shatter their illusions.

Problem is, you'd think the success of a show like the X Factor would be predicated on the people who win it acualy becoming pop stars, but they don't, so what's the point? They end up doing an 'x factor tour' and earning about a hundred quid a night each while Cowell rakes it in.

"oooh the voting is neck and neck, can you believe there's only one vote between them! You'd better get dialing!" (calls cost £1 from BT landlines, lines may already be closed, caller discretion is advised)

The winner wins a one million pound recording contract, so it all bad. Leonna Lewis is doing quite well but fuck knows what has happened to that scottish lad last year and that manc twat Shane Ward.