You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso or Barry?

RedKnight

Alonso or Barry?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Alonso or Barry?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I think Rafa should be sacked over this transfer deal, swapping Alonso in for Barry is a freaking joke. He's gone out the rails since Pako left. Alonso was our best performer in Europe and when he was injured last season the whole team lost their way.

He's been chasing a 28 year old player he doesn't need, whilst whoring out one of our best players all over Europe. It's a joke that everyone and their dog are coming in with 10 million bids for Xabi who is a European champion with club and country. It's disgraceful that Rafa and the club are allowing this to happen. After everything Alonso done for the club. This is a new low for Rafa.

Hi

I think Rafa should be sacked over this transfer deal, swapping Alonso in for Barry is a freaking joke. He's gone out the rails since Pako left. Alonso was our best performer in Europe and when he was injured last season the whole team lost their way.

He's been chasing a 28 year old player he doesn't need, whilst whoring out one of our best players all over Europe. It's a joke that everyone and their dog are coming in with 10 million bids for Xabi who is a European champion with club and country. It's disgraceful that Rafa and the club are allowing this to happen. After everything Alonso done for the club. This is a new low for Rafa.

Mongtastic!

Hi

I laughed at the first line. Everything else was a poor mans Eamon Dunphy.

Hi

Hi

Shut up.

Thanks

Johnny

BatChainPuller, Baz1969, bigguly, chris71, Chuck Fadanoid ã, coop, CWD82, Dante, DooooodekNo5, drewy, Eiler, exmouth red, Ged B ã, goc11, Gods back, ian garro, JangoSolo ã, JMARKH, Joe Strummer, kman, Kopite ã, loadsoftrophies ã, longballs, Magic_H, MLB, Monkeywool, Nick Leeson, PaddyWhacked, paisley1977, SCOUSE TAPAS, sir roger, SpeedyG, spider-neil, Spy Bee ã, stevensr123, Sweeney287, tcb, The Economist, Top of the Kop, Vincent Vega, zigackly ã

Interesting 41 lambs to the slaughter.

How many of you are voting because its what Rafa wants.

Xabi pissed Rafa off but to be fair Ferguson also gets rid of anybody who pisses him off as well

Not me I am saying Barry because if we want to win number 19 we have a far greater chance wit h Barry than Xabi.

Xabi is great player but needs to long on the ball before he plays it.He runs around alot and against no mark teams were he is given time on the ball he will destroy them.

Against teams that hustle him he is basically usless.In the position he is in, you need someone who can quickly play the ball or better still move with the ball.

Alonso needs to much time imo on the ball to see were to play it,he also never brings the ball out because he isnt able to keep hold of the ball.

Mascher releases the ball quickly but also he can move with the ball.

Barry is far more suited to what we need in the league,Europe is diffrent again this is were Barry might not be as effective as Xabi.

Yes, but look how many times you have been negged and called a vegetable and I don't include tomatoes in that, before you ask.

It's clear you and Rash and Code and one or two more should dance off into the red onion sunset and put your tacticological broccoli masterminds together to create a mighter beetroot reds forum than any of us peaheads could ever acheive here, with our narrow marrowbone minds and big arkward courgette fingers that can barely type on the keyboard.

Yes, but look how many times you have been negged and called a vegetable and I don't include tomatoes in that, before you ask.

It's clear you and Rash and Code and one or two more should dance off into the red onion sunset and put your tacticological broccoli masterminds together to create a mighter beetroot reds forum than any of us peaheads could ever acheive here, with our narrow marrowbone minds and big arkward courgette fingers that can barely type on the keyboard.

so its alright to go around saying people have got brain damage? :wallbutt::wallbutt:

so its alright to go around saying people have got brain damage? :wallbutt::wallbutt:

Well if people only ever said nice things then the world would be a better place but we wouldn't be able to function in that kind of society because we just aren't ready for it yet.

We'd rather call each other names and eat hamburgers instead of lovely crisp vegetables but it is all we know. If, for instance, I try wishing that you did have such a crippling condition, a smile spreads across my face and if I try wishing you well I get really angry and feel I've betrayed some part of myself.

Without therapy there is no chance to change those primitive feelings. In short, we should have all been brought up better but it is no use crying now, I'll give you something to cry about, you kids get to bed...

Before pre season I was very much in the pro Barry camp, selling Alonso. Not because I didn't rate Alonso, I just thought Alonso had not been on top form for two years really. But maybe that was unfair given the injuries he's had stop / starting his season's.

He's looking great in pre season, been our best player in the last two in my opinion and it might be a touch foolish to get rid of him.

I hope we get Barry and keep Alonso. Not sure if it's feasible, but ideally I'd like to see it happen, through sales of Finnan (gulp), Pennant, Voronin and Itandje... most of which weren't used in the last friendly.

I like the idea of rotating between Mascherano, Alonso and Barry, using two out of the three as holding midfielders (occasionally Lucas), with Plessis going on loan.

I also quite like the idea of using Barry on the left at times and giving Dossena more license to get forward. We've got some nice attacking options on the left in Babel, Benayoun and Ngog... Barry could be a different option, one that could give the side some balance given he's a left footer.

Is it wrong to want Barry and Alonso? I don't think it's wrong to want as many good footballers in the squad as possible.

Pink Floyd Vegetable Man Lyrics

Complimentary "Vegetable Man" Ringtone

In yellow shoes I get the blues

Though I walk the streets with my plastic feet

With my blue velvet trousers, make me feel pink

There's a kind of stink about blue velvet trousers

In my paisley shirt I look a jerk

And my turquoise waistcoat is quite out of sight

But oh oh my haircut looks so bad

Vegetable man how are you?

So I've changed my dear, and I find my knees,

And I covered them up with the latest cut,

And my pants and socks all point in a box,

They don't make long of my nylon socks,

The watch, black watch

My watch with a black face

And a big pin, a little hole,

And all the lot is what I got,

It's what I wear, it's what you see,

It must be me, it's what I am,

Vegetable man.

I've been looking all over the place for a place for me,

But it ain't anywhere, it just ain't anywhere.

Vegetable man, vegetable man,

He's the kind of person, you just gonna see him if you can,

Vegetable man.