You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary Mac Connection

If we sell Crouch, I can envisage a situation where we don't buy another striker. Especially if we go for somebody like Silva, it allows for possibilities with Babel going up there if the need ever arose. I'd like to see Nemeth stay, playing the odd cup game, making the odd sub appearance and, if we sell Crouch, I think Nemeth is the ideal candidate to be our 4th striker.

I agree 100% Dave, Id love to see Nemeth given a chance in the first team next season.

Am i right in saying that Rafa said Insua, Plessis and Nemeth will be training with the first team from next season in his end of season review?

know anything about the other lad?

potential?

left winger isnt he?

The lad came with a big reputation and looked very good when he first came. All left foot but is an excellent passer of the ball and his movement is very good also. Was a part of the youth cup winning team, and lots of people were asking why he was not being promoted to the reserves as he was a good player.

However, he seems to have been told he can find a new club as he has not progressed as well as hoped, something which shocked a lot of fans.

He seems a bit lightweight to me and i would not be confident of him dropping into league 1 and having much of an impact.

Lastly, he has flowing locks modeled on his idol, and lookalike, Paddy Berger

I still think Adjarevic is class, I hope this is a sign that we've had a rethink and are prepared to let him stay with us and the loan spell is a chance to prove himself.

I think a few months at Leeds would be good for Nemeth too, give him 3 months there, let him score 20 in 7 games and then come back to us.

I still think Adjarevic is class, I hope this is a sign that we've had a rethink and are prepared to let him stay with us and the loan spell is a chance to prove himself.

I think a few months at Leeds would be good for Nemeth too, give him 3 months there, let him score 20 in 7 games and then come back to us.

Agreed Maldini. I reckon playing 20 games in 4 months or so at League 1, in a team playing decent football, would be better than playing 20 reserve games over a whole year for development. Defoe was loaned to Bournemouth a few years ago, scored in something like 12 consecutive games, went back to west ham full of confidence. Something like that would do the trick nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

according to people on RAWK Nemeth is going to Leeds on loan, done deal

frankly an appalling decision that should be overruled by anyone with common sense at the club as Nemeth is good enough to train with the first team and play in the carling cup not condemned to division 2

but it won't be because Rafa has too much power at the club and is starting to make weird decisions, just like his predecessor, which saddens me

frankly an appalling decision that should be overruled by anyone with common sense at the club as Nemeth is good enough to train with the first team and play in the carling cup not condemned to division 2

but it won't be because Rafa has too much power at the club and is starting to make weird decisions, just like his predecessor, which saddens me

How long's the loan for?

I'm interested in becoming a professional coach can you please tell me how you went about getting your qualifications?

How many games would Nemeth get in the Carling Cup with us? 4? 5 if he's lucky? He'll probably get just as many at Leeds plus all the league fixtures, and be playing in competitive games, rather than pissing about for 16 or so reserve games. 40-50 proper games scoring lots of goals should be brilliant for his development.

How many games would Nemeth get in the Carling Cup with us? 4? 5 if he's lucky? He'll probably get just as many at Leeds plus all the league fixtures, and be playing in competitive games, rather than pissing about for 16 or so reserve games. 40-50 proper games scoring lots of goals should be brilliant for his development.

training with our first team and playing in the cups and sitting on the extended bench will be a better use of a year and show us how good he is

sending him on loan, to division 2, is an appalling decision.

and as suspected, Rafa won't be using the extended bench for young players - many of whom will rarely reach Nemeth's international standard - he will be using them for squad players like Voronin and Degan who would otherwise be sitting in the stands

manager does something or says something weird, people back it and say manager knows best.

seen it all before and i dont like it

Seen it where and when?

You've watched Nemeth in the Hungarian first team then? Do you not think Rafa does know best when it comes to the youth players he bought and watches?

As Dirk said, he obviously thinks we'll have enough firepower so purchases will be made.

I'm excited about Nemeth, as we all are but after he's scored a bundle and strengthened with adults we'll probably be even more excited. No point throwing a wobbly.

wouldnt it be wise to have a look first, before sending him away? it seems hasty to me

Im sure Rafa has watched him closely and made a decision.

Its not even been confirmed yet, youre going off people on a similar forum to this. Just shitter.

However I expected championship side at least, but gary mac tries to get his team to play good football, and this will still benefit Nemeth if it happens.

Edited by woo-lfc

Im sure Rafa has watched him closely and made a decision.

Its not even been confirmed yet, youre going off people on a similar forum to this. Just shitter.

However I expected championship side at least, but gary mac tries to get his team to play goof football, and this will still benefit Nemeth if it happens.

:sick::sick::sick:

Pretty sure Rafa will have.

he hasn't because like us he hasn' seen him in a senior game, no matter what he see's in training you wont know how good they are until he plays a proper game, that means something, with good players around him and that he can feel part of

it's a hasty decision if the reports are true

he hasn't because like us he hasn' seen him in a senior game, no matter what he see's in training you wont know how good they are until he plays a proper game, that means something, with good players around him and that he can feel part of

it's a hasty decision if the reports are true

He'll be able to assess all he likes this season rather than watching him struggle for a few games in the Carling Cup.

You having a bad monday, R23?

*pats on head*

He'll be able to assess all he likes this season rather than watching him struggle for a few games in the Carling Cup.

You having a bad monday, R23?

*pats on head*

i guess like China if you question conventional wisdom or the party bosses you're obviously mental and must be sectioned