You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

horrible night, horrible year

JoeyKop

Are you claiming we need a nutritionist? I'm missing your point.

We did about the same as they did against the shite teams, hunger or not the points add up the same.

I see us playing out games against the shite without passion, the one time i think I saw United do that this year was against West Ham and it was unusual to see. If they are level or behind against the poorer teams they usually go for it hammer and tongs, no matter the outcome.

Its all very well us being up for Inter in the CL, but away games at Blackburn and Reading need the same attitude, I don't think we get it.

But I accept your point that we may be near United in terms of points against the shite, just shows how near we actually are.

I see us playing out games against the shite without passion, the one time i think I saw United do that this year was against West Ham and it was unusual to see. If they are level or behind against the poorer teams they usually go for it hammer and tongs, no matter the outcome.

Its all very well us being up for Inter in the CL, but away games at Blackburn and Reading need the same attitude, I don't think we get it.

But I accept your point that we may be near United in terms of points against the shite, just shows how near we actually are.

I reckon we probably got more points than them from the bottom 16 in the league, considering our dearth agaist the other big teams, so hungry or not, it didn't really matter.

I reckon we probably got more points than them from the bottom 16 in the league, considering our dearth agaist the other big teams, so hungry or not, it didn't really matter.

fair enough, we can work it out some other time, but if we haven't got the quality against the big teams then this is the only area we have in which to make up points.

What's the betting their first home league game next season is against us? Someone somewhere at Old Trafford will no doubt be having a word with the person who operates the "random" fixture computer, trying to swing it so they can rub our faces in it.

In all seriousness, I do hope our away fixture against them is in the latter half of the season. If they are in a position to lord it over us early in the season then I can see us doing our usual trick of crumbling at OT, which we just can't afford to keep on doing.