You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should I feel bad?

philyhamann

Basically, my friend has been fucking me about with this coursework. I had to go in and get an extension from my tutor about a month ago, and I assumed a month would be more than enough to get the damn program done. He wanted to do a database in C++, while I would've prefered to have just made a site like TLW, but software instead of Liverpool and C++ junk instead of liverpool junk in the shop.

Alas, he was insistent he would do the coursework properly. Today is the deadline I negoiated, I had done over 50 pages of design on the thing and what does he hand me in?

1) Opt 1

2) Opt 2

3) Opt 3

4) Exit

Something like that. Total shite. So here I am, sitting in the LRC typing away and I'm re-writing my report to go with his a bit. I'm not totally blameless, but I couldn't have done the coursework on my own and I assumed he wouldn't have sent me this piece of shit which doesn't even have an EXE file. So I'm re-writing the report, and to put it blunt I'm burying him and putting myself over by. I even did his report for him, and said how great I was.

Should I feel bad?

Ok, I think I've got a handle on it by re-reading it twice.

1. You have joint coursework;

2. You both didn't meet the intial deadline, but got an extension;

3. He wanted to do something complicated, you wanted to do something straightforward;

4. You went with his idea;

5. You've done your bit, he hasn't;

6. You're now having to do his bit as well;

7. You're bigging yourself up to your tutor at his expense, and you feel a bit bad;

8. You want us to tell you it's ok to do this.

As he fucked you over, yes, it is.

Basically, my friend has been fucking me about with this coursework. I had to go in and get an extension from my tutor about a month ago, and I assumed a month would be more than enough to get the damn program done. He wanted to do a database in C++, while I would've prefered to have just made a site like TLW, but software instead of Liverpool and C++ junk instead of liverpool junk in the shop.

Alas, he was insistent he would do the coursework properly. Today is the deadline I negoiated, I had done over 50 pages of design on the thing and what does he hand me in?

1) Opt 1

2) Opt 2

3) Opt 3

4) Exit

Something like that. Total shite. So here I am, sitting in the LRC typing away and I'm re-writing my report to go with his a bit. I'm not totally blameless, but I couldn't have done the coursework on my own and I assumed he wouldn't have sent me this piece of shit which doesn't even have an EXE file. So I'm re-writing the report, and to put it blunt I'm burying him and putting myself over by. I even did his report for him, and said how great I was.

Should I feel bad?

i bet your homes a tip. get a duster,polish and clean. too much shit to think about. ;)

1) Opt 1

2) Opt 2

3) Opt 3

4) Exit

Should I feel bad?

No. He hasn't done his fucking work and thats that.