You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool make £10m bid for Gareth Barry

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you watch the games? Lucas is far too inconsistent yet to be considered a first team regular yet oh and remind me how many goals he's scored? Don't get me wrong I think he has the potential but maybe not yet.

yeah and Alonso's had a wonderful season hasn't he, vintage stuff.

yeah and Alonso's had a wonderful season hasn't he, vintage stuff.

WTF has that got to do with it. Alonso is probaly gone in the Summer the point is Lucas is not consistent enough to fill that role permanently yet. Pay attention to the post :whistle:

What a ridiculous approach.

You have two, hypothetical, choices would you prefer

Scenario A - You negotiate a player swap and sign two 20 million pound players + Gareth Barry

Scenario B - You don't negotiate and sign Barry for 10 million, another player for 10 million and another for 20 million.

Which do you go for, the one that makes sense to the club or the one that looks good to people on the outside?

Who do the the Scenario Twins play for ?

WTF has that got to do with it. Alonso is probaly gone in the Summer the point is Lucas is not consistent enough to fill that role permanently yet. Pay attention to the post :whistle:

if it's a choice between Lucas and Barry i'd pick Lucas every time and i think that will become obvious sooner or later.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Who's Zenit's attacking right back that played last night?

He was very good.

The answer to the above question was in the post you replied to underneath....Aleksandr Anyukov

There could be a couple of Manu or Chelsea fans comin' home with their Arseshaven Rob....I'll get me coat

Absolutely dreadful mate! Almost neggable

Rate him he might, but i think he would aim higher if he were allowed

Yeah, cos 10+ million for a quality central midfielder is fuck all.

Whatever fits your doomsday agenda mate.

No idea why you're calling me Momo either. Are you mental?

Barry would probably work well along side Mascherano in the middle and give us a decent balance.

I will really miss Alonso though as I am sure this means he will be off. One of the few players who could leave Liverpool and be assured to join another top notch club.

Barry would probably work well along side Mascherano in the middle and give us a decent balance.

I will really miss Alonso though as I am sure this means he will be off. One of the few players who could leave Liverpool and be assured to join another top notch club.

Aye, looks like the writing could be on the wall for Xabi which is a shame as he's been a really good player for us.