You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Exeter - Got lost

grazywalker

I am in Exeter on business .Went for a run from the hotel but went all Forrest gump and just ran.Ended up having no ideaa where I was and must have run about 5 miles because of this .Had to stop and ask a few people directions.

I did have the rocky them tune o my Ipod whilst running at one point so that may explain the "just run " ethic.

There are loads of students in Exeter.

And why is it so far away ?

I am in Exeter on business .Went for a run from the hotel but went all Forrest gump and just ran.Ended up having no ideaa where I was and must have run about 5 miles because of this .Had to stop and ask a few people directions.

I did have the rocky them tune o my Ipod whilst running at one point so that may explain the "just run " ethic.

There are loads of students in Exeter.

And why is it so far away ?

It is Incredibly easy to get lost in Exeter. Outside of the city centre and Heavitree I would always get lost.

Where abouts are you staying? A good run would be along the canal path leading out to the Double Locks and Turf Locks, with the added bonus of some great real ale and food in the Double Lock pub. There are some good runs out by Stoke Canon woods to if you are near the Uni campus.

Yeah Exeter is at the end of the M5 but at least its only 45 - 60 mins from civilisation (Bristol), Plymouth is even worse a shithole and nearly two hours from normaility. Actually thats unfair I loved Exeter it was just a bit quiet and limited on services for my taste.

I was meant to staying in The Holiday Inn in Newcastle with work which has a gym but the silly cow at head office booked me into the one without the gym on the A1, now I am training for the marathon and was due for a 8 mile run so I just turned left out of hotel and kept running and also got totally lost, I had to call a cab to take me back to hotel, the cheecky fat bastard driver just thought I was to knackered to run back to hotel. I am surprised he could even get out of the car he was so fat.

It is Incredibly easy to get lost in Exeter. Outside of the city centre and Heavitree I would always get lost.

Where abouts are you staying? A good run would be along the canal path leading out to the Double Locks and Turf Locks, with the added bonus of some great real ale and food in the Double Lock pub. There are some good runs out by Stoke Canon woods to if you are near the Uni campus.

Yeah Exeter is at the end of the M5 but at least its only 45 - 60 mins from civilisation (Bristol), Plymouth is even worse a shithole and nearly two hours from normaility. Actually thats unfair I loved Exeter it was just a bit quiet and limited on services for my taste.

The Thistle on Queen Street .I did pass loads of good pubs though .

Is the Angel still on Queen St? used to be an ace boozer that. Fermats Number (ended up some its a scream) is now shite, Chumleys wasn't too bad if out on the pull. Best is still the Angel though.

When did you leave Exeter mate? It's undergone huge changes recently, proportional to Liverpool city centre.

The Exeter Phoenix is a decent night/venue, Asian dub foundation played tonight and they have some top dance events on.

When did you leave Exeter mate? It's undergone huge changes recently, proportional to Liverpool city centre.

The Exeter Phoenix is a decent night/venue, Asian dub foundation played tonight and they have some top dance events on.

Left about four/five years back, but still get down every few years to watch the grecians. Last time I was there Princesshay was completely knocked down and still not even a shell. Looks great now from what I've seen.

Is the Pheonix a new venue or re-named?, I don't recall that from my days.

They used to have some decent gigs on down the Cavern or at the Uni, the music scene was always half decent given the size of the place.