You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we win the league during Gerrards Liverpool career?

GRADY

Will Gerrard win the league as a Liverpool player?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gerrard win the league as a Liverpool player?

Probably been sparked by just watchin an hour with Gerrard on LFC TV. Fantastic watchin highlights of the fa cups in recent years, league cups, uefa cup and of course the best of all in recent years the champions league.

Perhaps at times we take things for granted supporting this club due to the sucess we have had in the last 4 decades but Just watchin the boys and gerrard lift that european cup just makes you more hungry for more success.

I was just wondering whether people wthnk we will win the league in gerrard's liverpool career. Im obviously accepting he will have to adapt his role in a couple of years as I think a main asset of his is his athleticism but I think he will probably have about 4/5 years more in the position he plays and then he will probably have to go in a more defensive midfielder role for the club.

Gerrard says on the programme "me an jamie talk about winning the league most days".

I was 7 years old last time we won the league an me an my mates are always on about it. I dont know what peoples views are but I would love nothing more than him to lift that trophy at anfield.

whats the verdict?

i think there is a definate chance. summer signings are crucial this season (as i suppose they are most seasons) but if we get them right then next season i think we can at least mount a serious challenge!

Sounds ever so familar and then come november most fans say the same thing again - "next season this..next season that"

Sounds ever so familar and then come november most fans say the same thing again - "next season this..next season that"

well maybe because its true most seasons did you ever think of that? we never get financial backing comparable to the competition. we DO need some influential summer signings in order to have the consistent high standard and strength in depth to compete with the other tops teams over the period of 38 games.

Know where your coming from an im sure our rival fans love nothin more than hearing us say that. I think come the summer the media will right us off and being onest I think it might suit us.

United won the league last year havin sold v nistelroy and signed carrick. On paper that side lookied no stronger yet players improvd.

Arsenal lost henry in the summer and didnt appear to improve yet again the likes of fabregas/adebayor have improved. Arsenal were being written offas possible 5th place finishers by some.

As for us I think if he keeps this system we may only need a top wide right player. I know that might be easier said that done - but it has to be the proriity in my opinon.

Gerrard is now at his peak as is carra. Agger is going to be improving as should reina, masch, torres (if possible!) and for me the biggest interest will be babel of our current players.

If he can kick on and provide a similar attacking contribution to gerrard and torres then who knows.

well maybe because its true most seasons did you ever think of that? we never get financial backing comparable to the competition. we DO need some influential summer signings in order to have the consistent high standard and strength in depth to compete with the other tops teams over the period of 38 games.

Yes but majority of the fans say after the summer signings we get in "oh i really get the feeling its our year"

Something needs to change for it to happen. One of these 3:

1. The owners, whoever they are give Rafa a huge amount of cash

2. Rafa changes his ideas

3. The manager changes

Keep doing the same things and you get the same results.

if we were to win the champions league this year i would think that would HAVE to change rafas priorities, right? hopefully it happens and we will see :)

It's not his priorities that need to change, it's his tactics and his inconsistent team selections. The current squad should be at least 10 points better off than they are, Rafa's philosopy is the reason that they have underperformed.

It's not his priorities that need to change, it's his tactics and his inconsistent team selections. The current squad should be at least 10 points better off than they are, Rafa's philosopy is the reason that they have underperformed.

I think he is starting to agree in regard to keeping the same team. I hope so anyway. When players start underperforming take them out otherwise keep it as similar as possible.

He has come out with a few comments in recent weeks which I think suggest that anyway.

Ive got to admit if next season he changes 3/4/5 players most games I think enough is enough. The margin of error in the prem league is just too small. The champs will be on around 90 points!

We've seen glimpses of it before, but Gerrard playing just infront of Alonso and Mascherano, looks to be the only way that we will become truly dominant with Gerrard in the team. He's great going forward, great at last ditch tackles, but I dont think he's great for the team, in a title winning sense, as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2.

I'd like to see this triangle in the midfield continue and quality attacking players added and I think we'll get close. Agree with some others though, this summer is going to be a big one. We need an injection of real high quality players like the boy Torres.