You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Over the last 3 weeks I have watched the following:

Inception 7.72/10

Enjoyed it, managed to stick with it and the idea really had me hooked.

Moneyball 7.03/10

I wasn't holding much hope for this really but was intrigued to sit through. I enjoyed it, I like Pitt as an actor anyway and I liked the Billy Beane character (I know he is real) and also Jonah Hill not in a comedy role was a pleasant surprise.

The Manchurian Candidate 7.456/10

Another film you had to watch closely and keep up with. And another fucked up idea that I liked. Denzel is once again boss in this, but in a different way to previous roles.

X-Men: First Class 7.02/10

Another film I wasn’t holding out much hope for, however I did really enjoy this and with not being a huge fan of X-Men and the history it was good to see how a lot of the characters tie in with the story. I thought it could have been a bit longer than it was. And Jennifer Lawrence, wowzers. Hot chick. No Rebecca Romijn though.

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. 9.12/10

Brilliant, I enjoyed Bane’s voice more than I thought I would. Anne Hathaway all of a sudden became more appealing my perverted side. I actually believe it needed to be longer, however a great way to end the series.

Have you seen House of the devil and The Innkeepers Lurtz? I recommend them for decent horror films, especially The Innkeepers. Also, check out Wake Wood if you haven't seen it. Good little film that.

I second both House Of The Devil and The Innkeepers. Both directed by Ti West and both slow-burning films that echo the 1970's. Out of the two, I prefer House Of The Devil. I know a lot of films attempt to capture that feeling that the horror films of the 70's had, but House Of The Devil manages it perfectly, even down to the lead actress. A gem of a horror film.

I didn't like Wake Wood too much, reminded me too much of Pet Sematary and maybe even The Wicker Man, and it pales in comparison.

Last film I watched was Argento's Inferno, the second in his Three Mothers trilogy. I watched it on Bluray and it looked and sounded superb. Obviously being Argento the narrative is all over the place and a lot of it doesn't make sense, but the atmosphere it creates is superb. Personally I like Inferno more than Suspiria, and it's much better than the risible Mother Of Tears (although that film does have a semi naked Asia Argento and a monkey).

Last film I watched was Argento's Inferno, the second in his Three Mothers trilogy. I watched it on Bluray and it looked and sounded superb. Obviously being Argento the narrative is all over the place and a lot of it doesn't make sense, but the atmosphere it creates is superb. Personally I like Inferno more than Suspiria, and it's much better than the risible Mother Of Tears (although that film does have a semi naked Asia Argento and a monkey).

I prefer Inferno to Suspiria too. Epic. Never watched Mother of Tears, just doesn't seem any point.

Phenomena's great as well.

I actually watched, funnily enough, Frankenhooker the other week.

Just went to see TED; deffo not as good as everyone has made out. 6.5/10

I went to see this last week on the back of some rave reviews and I agree with you, it was fairly ordinary. There were a few good laughs here and there, but perhaps the idea of a teddy bear coming to life in an adult humour film just didn't do it for me. 6/10

Phenomena is suitably bonkers, another Argento film that has a monkey. Phenomena is probably my second favourite Argento film after Tenebrae.

Frankenhooker is ace, in fact all Henenlotter films are. Frankenhooker, Brain Damage, Basket Case, I even liked Bad Biology.

Brain Damage is a cut above Basket Case and Frankenhooker IMO.

Have you seen Street Trash?

I have mate, I own the 2-disc Arrow edition. While by any technical standard it's awful, I quite like it. It's just ridiculously over the top and absurd, sometimes I'm in the mood for that sort of film.

The scene where the bums are throwing that severed penis around is legendary.

I have mate, I own the 2-disc Arrow edition. While by any technical standard it's awful, I quite like it. It's just ridiculously over the top and absurd, sometimes I'm in the mood for that sort of film.

The scene where the bums are throwing that severed penis around is legendary.

Yeah, you certainly have to watch it expecting something different or you'll be scratching your head.

I love the hotel employee (the guy from Frankenhooker) vs his boss. Some funny dialogue there.

The Sweeney.

Ray Winston is Ray Winston, an over the hill, long in the tooth, gravelly voiced, fat cockney fuck. A walking self parody.

Plan B is a right tit.

Cliched as fuck dog shit. Watch the REAL Sweeney on UK Gold or summat is you want a cracking cops n robbers caper.

And where was Danny Dyer ?!

2 outta 10. Dreadful.

The Sweeney.

Ray Winston is Ray Winston, an over the hill, long in the tooth, gravelly voiced, fat cockney fuck. A walking self parody.

Plan B is a right tit.

Cliched as fuck dog shit. Watch the REAL Sweeney on UK Gold or summat is you want a cracking cops n robbers caper.

2 outta 10. Dreadful.

I'll probably still watch it however I feared this may be the case.

Like the god awful attempt at reviving the Professionals series they should stop fucking with the classics.

The Sweeney.

Plan B is a right tit.

2 outta 10. Dreadful.

God I shuddered just reading that you'd watched it. What possessed you?? It looks like the worst film ever made. Even the clip of him running while shooting a gun with one hand made me cringe, only the A Team are allowed to do that, but they weren't supposed to hit anything so it was allowed.

God I shuddered just reading that you'd watched it. What possessed you?? It looks like the worst film ever made. Even the clip of him running while shooting a gun with one hand made me cringe, only the A Team are allowed to do that, but they weren't supposed to hit anything so it was allowed.

Brown Ale !

Have you seen House of the devil and The Innkeepers Lurtz? I recommend them for decent horror films, especially The Innkeepers. Also, check out Wake Wood if you haven't seen it. Good little film that.

Watched The Innkeepers last night. Was ok. Better than a lot of the tripe I've watched lately. Slow burning and a lot of tension.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

After the ghost had sat up in her bed, the girl was shown later downstairs talking to the lad but no mention was made of her having seen the ghost in her bed at all afterwards which considering how horrific that would have been was rather odd to say the least.