You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forum Anonymity

Paul

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an out of towner + out of country agent - it doesn't really mather to me. I could easily post pics of myself, my missus and the kids - without bothering. Still I find it fascintating to watch pictures and read about other forumites who's sharing their lifes with us. I'll never meet them but it gives me a bit of cultural insight. One of my favourite threads is the photo thread.

Same here, Remington. For someone from the other side of the world, 12 hours ahead to be precise, it has been educational.

As a person who values his privacy, I have been surprised by the level of trust shown by the forumites with regards to photos and personal details. While many of our younger friends here are comfortable with such an arrangement given the prevalence of online tools such as facebook and friendster, I had not expected this from the older crowd.

I am a fairly simple fool with fairly straightforward views. I have no criminal record, and actually like some of you.

I don't work for the secret services, and as such am fairly open about me, myself and indeed I. Possibly too much at times.

Showing me your cock on MSN is a step to far with regards familiarity if you ask me.

for me i'm really not too arsed. If i admit things in the forum it is never with any intention or agenda, i dont tell or not tell anything in particular about myself because i dont think i am of much interest to people. My views are my views and if on occasion they portray something else about me, then that happens without any real thought.

If i admit things in the forum it is never with any intention or agenda, i dont tell or not tell anything in particular about myself because i dont think i am of much interest to people. My views are my views and if on occasion they portray something else about me, then that happens without any real thought.

What Spunkmouse said, only without the I'm not arsed bit at the start.

I do like my privacy so would not post pics or give too much personal info out, I nearly told you all about my son yesterday 'cos he was in the Echo, but because there where pictures of him I didn't, lets just say I was very proud of him( see, couldn't help myself). There are reasons why I'm like that, but again, I'm not going to go into them.

forums like this are trustworthy enough as most people who look them up are fairly likeminded people, think the whole anonymity thing is gonna blow up with networking websites, id have a few details up on facebook or whatever but only a name/photo which even that is probably a bit iffy with all the mad people out there but ya see people who put up ridiculous amount of info up i.e where they go at weekends and surely there must be some sordid fookers out there who could exploit that, if i had a kid, i wouldnt let them near those sites.

as per forums, i think people dont like to give out loads of info as its easier to express yourself anonymously i suppose, theres no real danger of having your views ridiculed, apart from the likes of us.

I don't mind sharing and I think it's a positive thing as it has led to me now meeting a good dozen, probably even more, people from here who are sound as the proverbial pound. I do worry occasionally that I will say or do something that will cause me problems but I reckon I keep that risk pretty low.

(Remebers he had to move house to shake a few people of his trail and avoid a forum-abuse related maming)

You haven't though, mate. You've posted stuff about your life and job on here that gives us an insight into who you are. I actually had someone like MLB in mind who has been posting on here for many years but I know very little about (bar his views on *ootball).

Maybe thats all just cover.

I'm not too worried about anonymity. My pic is knocking around here somewhere, there are 2 people who have my home address (last years Secret Santa). I don't think I'm controversial/offensive/harmful enough to raise any hassle from stalkers or general knobbers. Just a scouse hippy in exile doing my thing with the family. Move along, nothing to see type of thing.

Right, time to go. This heroin won't sell itself outside the school...