You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Besiktas V Liverpool

Paco

-----------------------------Reina---------------------------

Finnan------------Carragher---------Hyypia--------------Riise

Pennant----------Alonso-----------Gerrard--------------Babel

------------------Kuyt-------------Crouch--------------------

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Finnan getting a rest and Aurelio getting another run out.. and to see what babel would be like up front.

--------------------------Reina-------------------------

Arbeloa--------Carragher---------Hyypia-------------Riise

----------------------Mascherano-----------------------

Pennant---------------Gerrard---------------------Aurelio

-----------------Crouch----------Babel--------------------

Alonso, Voronin & Benayoun coming on as subs

teamtalk:

Fernando Torres has not recovered from a thigh injury in time to board the plane to Turkey for Liverpool's Champions League clash at Besiktas.

Torres has returned to training this week after the thigh problem that forced him out of Spain's squad last week, but the Turkey trip was considered too soon.

But Xabi Alonso was on the flight and has a chance of starting the game in midfield after recovering from a metatarsal problem.

Rafael Benitez will be without full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, who missed the win at Everton with a thigh injury. Daniel Agger, Harry Kewell and Fabio Aurelio are all still out.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Sissoko, Alonso, Pennant, Crouch, Voronin, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas, Hobbs, Itandje.

Babel seems to have been relegated to the role of regular 'impact sub' (the level of impact is up for debate). I hope Alonso starts; rather suspect that Rafa will start more cautiously. Could even see the same midfield quartet as Saturday. Hmmmmm. Nah, fantasy Rafa in mind, I'm plumping for this:

Reina

Finnan - Carragher - Hyypia - Riise

Gerrard - Mascherano - Sissoko - Leto

Crouch - Kuyt

Subs: Itandje, Hobbs, Alonso, Benayoun, Pennant, Babel, Voronin

Babel seems to have been relegated to the role of regular 'impact sub' (the level of impact is up for debate). I hope Alonso starts; rather suspect that Rafa will start more cautiously. Could even see the same midfield quartet as Saturday. Hmmmmm. Nah, fantasy Rafa in mind, I'm plumping for this:

Reina

Finnan - Carragher - Hyypia - Riise

Gerrard - Mascherano - Sissoko - Leto

Crouch - Kuyt

Subs: Itandje, Hobbs, Alonso, Benayoun, Pennant, Babel, Voronin

If he starts with the hapless Leto, the hopeless Sissoko, or the listless Crouch I will cry big, babyish tears.

--------------------Reina--------------------

Finnan--------Carra-----------Sami--------Riise

Gerrard-------Xabi-----------Mascher------Pennant

---------------Babel---------Kuyt---------------

Need pace on the counter attack so babel has to play in my book. Also its an evening kick off so he should be able to get out of bed in time

--------------------Reina--------------------

Finnan--------Carra-----------Sami--------Riise

Gerrard-------Xabi-----------Mascher------Pennant

---------------Babel---------Kuyt---------------

Need pace on the counter attack so babel has to play in my book. Also its an evening kick off so he should be able to get out of bed in time

i like that team

Henry Winter has a go at Fantasy Rafa:

Jamie Carragher and particularly Sami Hyypia will need the protection of Javier Mascherano in front of them. Mascherano may be partnered by Xabi Alonso, now fit following metatarsal trouble, with Gerrard breaking forward in support of Dirk Kuyt. Ryan Babel and Jermaine Pennant are expected to provide the width while restraining Besiktas' attacking full-backs.