You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Austin City Limits 2007: The Final Word

ATXRED

What an awesome festival this turned out to be.

Here's what my schedule ended up being:

Friday 14, Sept.

Joseph Arthur & The Lonely Astronauts

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

Peter Bjorn & John

Crowded House

LCD Soundsystem (this was a great show)

Spoon (seen them a few times, so I took a little nap in the middle of their set)

Kaiser Chiefs

The Killers

Day one was a pretty damn good. Definite highlights were LCD Soundsystem and Crowded House.

Saturday 15, Sept:

Paulo Nutini

Cold War Kids (possibly the best show of the weekend)

One song of Blue October, then I went and got food because that's not my type of music.

2 Zap Mama songs then went to see Andrew Bird

Arctic Monkeys (not a huge fan of their music, but this was a fucking great show)

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

45 mins of Arcade Fire's set

45 mins of Muse's set

Went on Saturday a little late because we had a football match that morning. This day wasn't one I was looking forward to, but the best shows took place this day. Cold War Kids just owned their crowd from beginning to end. Arctic Monkeys brought all kinds of energy which is surprising considering it was 95+ that day. Arcade Fire's set was blow your mind good, just as I expected. Muse was muse, great music, great lighting, great energy. Saturday was way better than I thought it was going to be.

Sunday 16, Sept:

The National (was not disappointed in the least)

Ben Kweller (no nose bleed this year)

Common (pleasant deviation from the standard of music for the weekend)

Bloc Party (by far the most disappointing show of the weekend)

Regina Spektor (How is her voice better live? it's amazing)

Wilco (took another nap, I've seen them a few times in recent years)

The Decemberists

Bob Dylan and his Band (wasn't at his best, but it's Dylan, how can you not love it.)

Great day, The National played all the songs I wanted to hear and brought unexpected energy as the set progressed. Ben Kweller made it through his entire set and played a couple of old songs I hadn't heard in a while. Common is one of the few hip-hop artist that I enjoy and it was a nice change of pace. Bloc Party was the only real disappointment, they were all over the place, and the lead singer's voice sounded like it was shot. I heard lot's of vocalist were having trouble with allergies, but he was the first one I heard that didn't sound good. Regina Spektor not only possesses one of the best voices in recent years, she's actually pretty damn hot, and her set was fantastic. Dylan was Dylan. His voice is going on him, but that was never the reason to go see him.

All in all, a fucking fantastic weekend. Look at those bands, it was awesome. The only disappointment of the weekend was Bloc Party, and that wasn't even a show I was particularly looking forward to. It was hot, crowded, and humid, but all worth it. If anybody wants to go next year, my couch is always open, so that's lodging and transport sorted. Hopefully next year will be an even better lineup.

Sounds like a goodun. Whenever I've seen Bloc Party live they've always been pretty shit, which is a shame coz I really like their stuff.

The 'Monkeys are great live so I'm not surprised you enjoyed them. I'd love to see Cold War Kids, they're one of my favourite bands at the moment.