You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Love that Jalen Ngonda track. And Yebba’s voice on that live performance of Distance is fantastic. Nice. 

Thst Jalen track really got my attention. Onmy heard it afew weeks back.Not been on here in a while.  A few tunes I need to catch up on tbh. Keep em coming Paul. Hope you're doing well.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I’m sound thanks mate. Cranking up my own listening a bit recently. I seem to have been through a period of listening less over the past few months, which is very unusual. Back to normal now though. 

• Upvote 1

Listening to the Ecstatic by Mos Def for the first time in ages (because not on Spotify, therefore may as well not exist), what a fucking album that was. Anyway, jumped out of that into Georgia Anne Muldrow. Great stuff. Her version of the song on Ecstatic she's on (Mos Def basically raps over this with a bit of a  contrasting melody):

And another

Early impression is she seems to over-elaborate a bit (jazz family), but when she has a tune (and the instrumental albums seem ace), it's class.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Might fit better in the metal and punk thread, but wanted to mention Meryl Streek, a northern Irish punk musician who gone solo. It's a hell of a show, right in your face. Playing Liverpool in Feb.

Also enjoying the new Bob Vylan track.

Not a classic, typically shit video, but fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2023 at 07:30, Paul said:

I’d never heard of this artist until catching up on Jools Holland from last night. If this track is any indication, I need to dig deeper. 

Izo FitzRoy - Give Me The High

That's a track and a half. Loves it the first time u heard it but not seen who sang it until Jools show.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...