You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alves

PaulMcC

People said that about Ballack and Shevchenko.

Evenm if he does there are many players out there that will improve the opposition. For me I'd say the Tevez signing is the most worrying.

Difference is, Ballack and Shevchenko necessitated a change in formation and rotation of players in a position of the pitch where there was already a surplus.

Chelsea don't have a RB that Mourinho trusts, so he'll slot in no worries.

I'm not that worried about Tevez. I wonder if he might be a little too similar to Shrek. I hope so.

If he is played at RB he will leave all sorts of gaps in defence when he goes bombing forward.

This is the reason that Rafa wanted to play him as a right winger.

He will still be a good signing and will fit in well there, going to whoever would pay him the most wages.

Will make it harder still to win the league next season but hopefully we will be up for the fight.

If he is played at RB he will leave all sorts of gaps in defence when he goes bombing forward.

He will still be a good signing and will fit in well there, going to whoever would pay him the most wages.

Will make it harder still to win the league next season but hopefully we will be up for the fight.

For what he adds going forward (usually 10 assists a season) he would be worth the gaps in defence for them considering how strong it is anyway.

A little less defensive solidity and a totally new attacking option from rightback and they'll be looking at a very good attacking pair of fullbacks

Personally I'm gutted they've got him

I think Benitez would have played him at RB as well, eventually.

Essien is the only other player I've seen dominate from RB like Alves can. So quick and powerful, that usually those gaps don't last long.

Without a doubt he will strengthen an already impressive team.

If he were available i would prefer us to sign Miguel at Valencia then Alves. He is far more solid in defence and although he doesnt chip in with as many assists as Alves he still gives an option on the overlap.

He'll get caught out more often in the Prem.

Not particularly worried by this - Chelsea will still get caught between two stools as Mourinho tries to add flair to the stolid side that brought him his original success here.

Luxury player with high work-rate.

+ Fighter. Good first touch, decent shoot. When at his best plays like R. Carlos at his prime.

- Diving cunt. Money hungry. Uglier then Riise. Never takes the long run back like Carlos used to do.

I'd happily take him for the initial £12 mil, anyhing more is just a joke. In most games Finnan's a better choice for Rafa-Liverpool. We're not an all out attacking team, so we should probaly concentrate on our wingers going forward. Chelski doesn't operate the same way. They'd actually have use for a Alves type, with there central midfielders being the more attacking ones then the wingers.

Sorry. Realises now noone will understand this all-n-all misspelled shit.

Was gutted at losing out on him last summer , but having checked him out a fair bit this season I'm not really that arsed now.

Except for the last month or so of last season I think he's been the best full back in Europe for the best part of two years now.

But for some reason I'm not that bothered he's going to Chelsea, which is a strange one since I'd have loved us to sign him. Ever since it's been clear that we're not in for him anymore, I've actually convinced myself that he'll flop in the Prem anyway. Sad, I know.