You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

game that made you happiest watching LFC NOT including finals

spider-neil

one of my best memories was standing on the kop when we beat the Mancs 2-0 on the final game of the season in 92 to stop them winning the title and handing it to Leeds. It sticks in the mind because in the 1st half Rushie scored his 1st goal against the mancs ever at the Anny Road end and the kop erupted we just kept dancing and singing " Ian Rush, Ian Rush Ian, Ian Rush he gets the ball, he scores a goal Ian, Ian Rush" for ages. It was so worth waiting for.

This was mine too. Singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' back at the Mancs. When Walters got the second a couple of mins from the end I freaked out big time. Second biggest goal freak out from me. No 1 was Gary Mac 4-3 at Goodison of course.

Auxerre was also special. I wasn't even going to bother going. 2 0 down, a load of injuries (was Molby at centre half for that game?) I was sat in The Yankee saying 'Nah I am not going to bother' but was eventually talked into going. Ground barely 3 quarters full but what an atmosphere!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PupontheSup
Without a shadow of a doubt, everton 0-5 Liverpool. That game made me take my eyes off the best pair of tits i've ever seen. They belonged to my sister in law, who was at the match with me, i almost, but not quite, wanted the shite to score, just to see her jump up and down and so i could watch them puppies jiggle.

Has there ever been a funnier, or shorter, debut than Glenn Keeleys?

Reminds me of a derby match in the 80's 3-1 at anfield on the kop got kissed by a girl,when we scored, who was with the boyfriend and family (all blue), best thing i was about 14/15 and she must have been around 21!! fit as a butchers dog. her fella just looked at me and said "i hate it when you score. every year it's the same thing" i was in heaven for a week.

Olympiakos and the Chelsea semi's stick in the mind but one of my best memories was standing on the kop when we beat the Mancs 2-0 on the final game of the season in 92 to stop them winning the title and handing it to Leeds. It sticks in the mind because in the 1st half Rushie scored his 1st goal against the mancs ever at the Anny Road end and the kop erupted we just kept dancing and singing " Ian Rush, Ian Rush Ian, Ian Rush he gets the ball, he scores a goal Ian, Ian Rush" for ages. It was so worth waiting for.

The best memory of that game has to be the whole ground singing

"You lost the league on Merseyside"

The 5-0 night game against Forest was pure football

The 9-0 agaist Palace was just one of those games where everything went in

Palace learned a lot that night and did us in the Semi's at Villa Park nothing but respect for that team that day

The Ian Rush 4 destroyed Bluenoses for years they can never answer that

This was mine too. Singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' back at the Mancs. When Walters got the second a couple of mins from the end I freaked out big time. Second biggest goal freak out from me. No 1 was Gary Mac 4-3 at Goodison of course.

Auxerre was also special. I wasn't even going to bother going. 2 0 down, a load of injuries (was Molby at centre half for that game?) I was sat in The Yankee saying 'Nah I am not going to bother' but was eventually talked into going. Ground barely 3 quarters full but what an atmosphere!

Yes Molby at CB and Mike Marsh had his best game for Liverpool at right back, he was fucking monumental that night.

One of the most euphoric ive felt during a game was going 3-1 up against United in 88. Was sitting in the Annie Road when McMahon cracked one in from 25 yards, was only 10 but we hadn't beat them for years and remember the look of delirium on me dads face. Bastards came back and drew 3-3. To cut a long story short the best i've felt after a game apart from finals (and 2001 at Goodison) was the above mentioned 3-3 in 1994. For 25 minutes that was embarrasing and it felt like a real shifting of power moment when they went 3-0 up. Suppose it was but didn't feel like it that night

One of the most euphoric ive felt during a game was going 3-1 up against United in 88. Was sitting in the Annie Road when McMahon cracked one in from 25 yards, was only 10 but we hadn't beat them for years and remember the look of delirium on me dads face. Bastards came back and drew 3-3. To cut a long story short the best i've felt after a game apart from finals (and 2001 at Goodison) was the above mentioned 3-3 in 1994. For 25 minutes that was embarrasing and it felt like a real shifting of power moment when they went 3-0 up. Suppose it was but didn't feel like it that night

That was one of the games Brucie was investigated for. I was at the game and always felt he could have done better with Irwins goal. Not saying he did anything wrong but I felt he could have done better.

That was one of the games Brucie was investigated for. I was at the game and always felt he could have done better with Irwins goal. Not saying he did anything wrong but I felt he could have done better.

Its difficult to say, looking back you can question it. He was rooted to the spot for Giggs' goal aswell. I believe he's innocent but the most dodgy looking game if you scrutinise it was the 3-0 loss at Newcastle.

Bayern 1 LFC 1 in 1981

We drew 0-0 at anfield and we went over to be slaughtered in the return, just one of those truly great European nights

Wolves 1 Liverpool 3

We were 1 down at HT but came through to win the title

LFC 1 Chelsea 0 CL semi finals

not great performances as per our great teams but the thread title says it all

I could list a 100 quite easily that have great memories for me

Its difficult to say, looking back you can question it. He was rooted to the spot for Giggs' goal aswell. I believe he's innocent but the most dodgy looking game if you scrutinise it was the 3-0 loss at Newcastle.

Was it Coles second that he didn't even move for?

Thinking about i can't decide. The one in 92 which stopped United winning the league as mentioned is up there, the Everton game in 87 at Anfield a few days after they had beat us in the league cup. For pure poetry the 5-0 v Forest the same season and Auxerre when Walters scored and about 25,000 people created one of the top 15 Anfield atmospheres. I wish you hadn't of started this i won't be able to sleep now

ST Etienne 3-1

Olympiacos 3-1

Juve 2-1

Chelsea semi finals

CSKA 5-1, Souness hat trick (probably the best ever hat trick ive seen)

Broussia Munchenbladbach 3-0

Barca 1-0 (1976)

Barca 2-1 last season

Roma (Houllier return)

Everton –Rush scored 4

Man City 4-1 1978

Palace 9-0 even though it cost us in the end

Spurs 7-0

Forrest 5-0

Fulham5-0

Newcastle 4-3 the real one

Villa 3-0 semi final same season.

Everton 3-2 Gary Mac, as that goal changed our whole season.

Arsenal 2-1 TBM

The game against Forest in 88 and the game we clinched the League with in 1990 (QPR I think?).

Forest in 88 was sheer poetry. Didn't appreciate at the time unfortunately.

The latter game was a warm summer evening. Always remember having a brand new pair of Air Max on (Traitor to the 3 stripes that I was) with a grey silky Nike tracky on.

The later years it had to be the 1st Chelsea Semi.

Bayern 1 LFC 1 in 1981

We drew 0-0 at anfield and we went over to be slaughtered in the return, just one of those truly great European nights

Wolves 1 Liverpool 3

We were 1 down at HT but came through to win the title

LFC 1 Chelsea 0 CL semi finals

not great performances as per our great teams but the thread title says it all

I could list a 100 quite easily that have great memories for me

Obviously not enough old bastards on here or this would have featured more heavily. I was 12 & this was my first away game. Who'd have known that it would be 32 years before it was surpassed for sheer joy.

I got locked out & got in at three-quarter time with us 0-1. The stands were that full that I was stood on a Wolves fan's seat without even realising.Within 20 minutes we we had scored 3 times and were champs for the first time for 7 years.

My other main memory is being stuck in gridlock on the M6 , when a well oiled Red walked over the top of our car singing 'Walk alone' and proceeded to disappear up the motorway via each subsequent car in his way.

Considering this thread is suppose to be about happier times, the

disappionting thread seems to be ahead all the time.

Wolverhampton 76, what a night. Getting crushed trying to get in at the turnstiles at the back, only to be dragged out, and then finding two empty turnstiles at the side. Got in, swayed backwards, sidewards, seen about 50% of the game, but the best was the M6, TOTAL Standstill, people just walking , drinking & singing on the motorway, pity there was,nt cameras them day,s.

Considering this thread is suppose to be about happier times, the

disappionting thread seems to be ahead all the time.

Wolverhampton 76, what a night. Getting crushed trying to get in at the turnstiles at the back, only to be dragged out, and then finding two empty turnstiles at the side. Got in, swayed backwards, sidewards, seen about 50% of the game, but the best was the M6, TOTAL Standstill, people just walking , drinking & singing on the motorway, pity there was,nt cameras them day,s.

It was a f****** belter of a night