You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Right back

Bert

Guest Jay W

It depends on how Finnan ages in an increasingly faster game. He's not old but he's not getting any younger and a signing will have to be made there sooner or later.

However Finnan is hardly ever injured and is still a class player so for now I think we're laughin. Arbeloa is not a natural full back either but can cover so we'll have to see how it pans out in the future.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon were ok playing an older/slower player at right back as long as Rafa plays a right mid who will help out and get back when we lose possesion just like Stevie G did against Barca away last season....Arbeloa played a blinder in that game aswell, old buck teeth hardly got a touch in open play.

Think maybe a few misunderstood my first post.

I'm thinking of getting someone more in the way we did with say Agger. He didnt replace Hyypia immediately and I'm not looking to get Finnan out of the team. More someone young who can get a few games and gradually take the position off Finnan if that makes sense.

If it doesnt then fuck you all!