You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to the Mancs?

The Chief

Don't think you did. I haven't received any PMs from you or anyone else - ever, but if you want to kid yourself that you've sent me one without being man enough to actually send it, that's fine. I don't need an apology, I just thought you might calm yourself down a bit re Owen. He's not coming back, Rafa doesn't want him. I'm not his biggest fan either, or McManaman's come to that, but you need to put things into perspective.

Hello

He sent the apology PM to me in error.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hasnt owen openly admitted he regrets leaving.

Sure he has. might be wrong like.

I would have owen back like a shot, ciise goes, bellamy goes then there is a lil gap surely.

I didnt agree with the way he went to madrid and not holding out and then going the barcodes. bit dissappointing like.

Torres,Crouch,Kuyt,Owen. 4 highly rated strikers

All bring something dif to our game, variety is the spice as they say.

also youngster we have in back up for them.

for 9 mil i think its a steal at this day and age of transfer funds.

owen would be grateful for the chance more than ever i recon.

For your information, Rush went off to play for Juventus, and Fowler wouldn't keep himself fit and focussed for Liverpool, never mind die for us. They are two of my heroes though. Owen went to Madrid, but not before winning us plentry of matches on his own, not least an FA Cup. It's not a case of welcoming him back, it's a case of having an objective view about his contribution to our club. Get a grip.

Just to put you in the picture Ian rush did not want to leave liverpool ,it was liverpool who wanted to cash in on rush.The fowler comment fair enough he lost his way.also he was another who did not want to leave it was the club who sold him.Owen left within 1 day of being offered more money from madrid.Owen could of said no to madrid about newcastle offer and said its lverpool he wanted to back to.Real wanted to sell owen but the short arse as usual went for the big pay packet, so get a grip well i say to you look at the facts

Just to put you in the picture Ian rush did not want to leave liverpool ,it was liverpool who wanted to cash in on rush.

That is, sorry to say, bull... Rush was furious when Liverpool rejected him the chance to join Naples in 1984. At that time the economic deal with Naples could have set him up for life. ( history showed he had nothing to fear, but in 84 no one knew) Naples then went on to sign Maradona instead.

That is, sorry to say, bull... Rush was furious when Liverpool rejected him the chance to join Naples in 1984. At that time the economic deal with Naples could have set him up for life. ( history showed he had nothing to fear, but in 84 no one knew) Naples then went on to sign Maradona instead.

Never knew that, interesting. Was it well publicised at the time?

Never knew that, interesting. Was it well publicised at the time?

I remember an interview in the Norwegian fan club magazine ( in 84 ) were he talked about that. In that interview he was lojal, but still said he was dissapointed as that deal would have set him up for life financially. I think i still got that magazine somewhere.

And I know I have read it other places aswell...

Would love you to show me this .As i remember it and also checked ,the napoli thing was only intrest shown by them i can find nothiing about a bid being made.I also can find nothing about ian wanting to leave liverpool or any anger shown towards liverpool for rejecting a napoli bid.I might be wrong and if i am then sorry for me talking through my ass.

Just to put you in the picture Ian rush did not want to leave liverpool ,it was liverpool who wanted to cash in on rush.The fowler comment fair enough he lost his way.also he was another who did not want to leave it was the club who sold him.Owen left within 1 day of being offered more money from madrid.Owen could of said no to madrid about newcastle offer and said its lverpool he wanted to back to.Real wanted to sell owen but the short arse as usual went for the big pay packet, so get a grip well i say to you look at the facts

Sorry, but that's all wrong. Rush wanted to play abroad - he wanted to try it, and there were numerous interviews with him at the time where he explicitly said it. Fowler had to go, because whatever anyone says, he couldn't be bothered to keep himself fit and focussed. It would appear that for all the words about loving the club and the tears etc, he just couldn't commit enough of himself. I was gutted at the time, but there you go. I understood Owen took a wage cut to join Madrid. I may be wrong on that one, but I'm definitely right on the other two.

Would love you to show me this .As i remember it and also checked ,the napoli thing was only intrest shown by them i can find nothiing about a bid being made.I also can find nothing about ian wanting to leave liverpool or any anger shown towards liverpool for rejecting a napoli bid.I might be wrong and if i am then sorry for me talking through my ass.

Im quite certain I have read it on here as well. Hermes may know a thing or two... But I have read it from several sources... Just cant remember where. Diffrent times financially on those days, so it was more understandable him leaving then, than players leaving for abroad now.

And why don't you go and fuck yourself you moron. An irrational hatred of Owen, where the fuck does it say that in any of my posts? I don't think we should welcome back a player who couldn't wait to fuck off somewhere else, TWICE. So in your little pissant world, you'd welcome back Mcmanaman would you? Fucking idiot.

Just to put the mcmanaman thing to rest he didnt want to leave,the reason he did was because liverpool had accepted a bid from barcelona for macca.Macca was gob smacked by it as it turns out the barca bid was a smokescreen by them to sign a certain brazilian,so you cant really blame macca for doing one to madrid.

Just to put the mcmanaman thing to rest he didnt want to leave,the reason he did was because liverpool had accepted a bid from barcelona for macca.Macca was gob smacked by it as it turns out the barca bid was a smokescreen by them to sign a certain brazilian,so you cant really blame macca for doing one to madrid.

EDIT: Sorry. Didn't read the post properly.

According to Balague Rafa wanted to offload Owen to raise cash for Xabi et al. Think all this vitriol aimed at Owen is bang out of order.

At times he almost single handedly kept us afloat. How short some peoples memories are

Rush did want to play abroad Liverpool refused to let Napoli talk to him and when Rush found out he went ballistic and didn't speak to Peter Robinson for two years.

As far as people saying Macca never really had a bad game apart from his last season that also is wrong as the fans regularly vented their frustrations about him, infact when he first broke through a lot of us thought he could only do it against the lower league teams which he did in our 92 cup run were we only played 1 top flight team Villa in the quarters we won 1-0 Michael Thomas, But Macca was the star of our cup run. It was only from the start of the 94 season that he started to consistently play well against everyone being man of the match against Palace in the 6-1 win.

PS who was the Brazilian that Macca was the smokescreen for?

Rush did want to play abroad Liverpool refused to let Napoli talk to him and when Rush found out he went ballistic and didn't speak to Peter Robinson for two years.

As far as people saying Macca never really had a bad game apart from his last season that also is wrong as the fans regularly vented their frustrations about him, infact when he first broke through a lot of us thought he could only do it against the lower league teams which he did in our 92 cup run were we only played 1 top flight team Villa in the quarters we won 1-0 Michael Thomas, But Macca was the star of our cup run. It was only from the start of the 94 season that he started to consistently play well against everyone being man of the match against Palace in the 6-1 win.

PS who was the Brazilian that Macca was the smokescreen for?

rivaldo