You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seeing Footballers on planes

Joeys Pogo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

If we're moving away from footballers on planes, saw rooney and his g/f in costco in Liverpool. Then again you see a lot of footballers in there.

I saw Bryan Robson at Watford Gap services once looking like he'd spent the night sleeping rough on the hard shoulder.

I really, really wanted to tell him to keep out of the womens bogs but didn't have the bottle.

Edgar Davids was on the same flight as me when I was coming back from Athens on Easyjet to Luton last year. My mates' nickname is Edgar Davids so I thought it would be hilarious (to me and my mate) if I got him to sign an autograph to my mate and get a photo with him. When I asked him for a photo he kept pointing to the CCTV cameras as if to say "No, you aren't allowed to take photos in here" and instead of signing an autograph to my mate he just scribbled like a 3 year old on the back of my flight ticket and walked off in a huff, he then blanked a load of Japanese fans who came up to him. Miserable cheapskate tw@t.

Saw Flippo Inzaghi and Marco Simone ex Milan & Monaco player in my hotel in Tahiti when I went there 2 years ago.

My mate sat behind Peter Reid when he went the World Cup in 2002, he said he's never heard someone swear so much.

Peter Reid is a good lad - old Huyton boy , grew up in Mosscroft. I managed a couple of drinks with him when he was playing for Bolton. Not surprised to hear about the swearing.

David Moores was sat behind us on the plane to spain a couple of weeks ago. They had run out of bacon sarnies which he wanted. At the end of the flight he commented to us how impressed he was with how good our 9 month old son had been on the flight!

been on flights a good few times with players ... just going the game in the past i've been on the same one as aldo, ray houghton and ronnie whelan. i was working in geneva for a while and henchoz was on my plane a few times. also parry used to go out to geneva about once a month on the 1st flight of a monday morning. i've also stopped in the same hotel as david johnson, ian rush and alan kennedy at aways too.

Who was it on our flight to Malaga?...Kevin Ratcliffe and some other blueshite wasn't it?

A good few years ago Souness (who was then our manager) was sitting behind me on a flight from Heathrow to Manchester . On the same route a week or 2 later I sat next to Phil Thompson. Sound bloke, offered me a lift from Manc Airport too.

Glen Hoddle and John Gorman on the same route, heading up to watch the mancs.

Saw Rodney Marsh doing the Manc-Heathrow route a few times.

Loads of non-footy ones...the most impressive was me being surrounded by Take That in the BA lounge. I'll treasure that day

A couple of years ago I got on the Liverpool - Malaga Easyjet with my copy of TLW European Champions 2005 edition, as I got myself settled on walked Neil Mellor, it was a bit surreal.

I got him to sign his page while waiting for our bags.

Josemi was on the same flight, I didn't ask for his autograph, he'd have only spoiled it by putting himself all over the front page!

A couple of years ago I got on the Liverpool - Malaga Easyjet with my copy of TLW European Champions 2005 edition, as I got myself settled on walked Neil Mellor, it was a bit surreal.

I got him to sign his page while waiting for our bags.

Josemi was on the same flight, I didn't ask for his autograph, he'd have only spoiled it by putting himself all over the front page!

How was his hair?

A lot of very impressive tales here to date but none come close to flying from Charles de Gaulle, 1993, in the company of a true footballing genius. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Roy Wegerle.

We were apparently VERY close to buying him from Derby or QPR (one of them anyway) for £1m.

I remember it clearly being reported in my Dad's Sunday Mirror.

Guest davelfc
I've see John Barnes and Jason Mcateer by ours a fair few times (usually in the pub), and I saw Steve McMahon in Formby once.

My mate speaks to JB almost every week day, the crazy thing is my mate knows nothing about football, isn't interested in it (which I find strange.) So JB must find it pretty weird to chat to someone who never mentions football. Either that or he finds it refreshing.

i sat next to joey barton on the final day of the open in hoylake last year. he was just asking what bets i had on and then started going 'i wanna see sergio garcia but all the fuckin muppets get in the way followin tiger woods'. he was quite a sound lad actually. me and herbsman also seen baros in a bar in prague he was shit sound.

i sat next to joey barton on the final day of the open in hoylake last year. he was just asking what bets i had on and then started going 'i wanna see sergio garcia but all the fuckin muppets get in the way followin tiger woods'. he was quite a sound lad actually. me and herbsman also seen baros in a bar in prague he was shit sound.

Oh ay, forgot about that.

i was in a beach side restaraunt in the algarve and my bird said to me "do you know him ", iturned around looked and this fella was looking at me waiting to be acknowledged ,i turned back and said no ,but i knew it was roy carroll the manc twat , haha my bird said he looked gutted and said are you sure you dont ,haha felt so good .

After going to the Camp Nou on the Sunday we flew out to Ireland on the Monday. Barca were going to Turkey for CL. Their gate was next to ours so we got a load of photo's etc.

Flew to Frankfurt on the same flight as Boris 'broom cupboard' Becker. A big unit that lad! (allegedly!)

Same flight to Manchester as Keane R and the left back at Leeds at the time, gone blank on his name - shit player great free kicks.

That's it!:thumbsup: