You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Speaks

redrosetints

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I hope to god for some positive transfer news and that Rafa adjusts the tactics for next seasons away games. No more cautious approach to away games against shit teams – go out and destroy them! In fact a generally more positive and attacking style is needed – not only because it looks better, but because it also gives the better results in the long term.

Exactly, it won't matter how much we spend or who we buy if we still sit back "controlling the game".

In my experience, people who think other people are mad are the ones that need worrying about.

oi, it's a very noble profession sitting here making subjective judgements as to who is sane & who is not. and I'm not sure I like the tone of your voice - much more of that & I'll have you sectioned my boy.

i'm not sure if people living outside of North America realize that we're all about 'sports clichés' on this side of the pond (whereas things, to me, appear far more sensational in the British press) fans just want to hear something/anything even if there's nothing to say.

if we'd gone all this time w/o G&H saying something, everyone would say "why the fuck aren't they saying anything?" and we'd fill in the blanks like we doing by reading between the lines now.

there should be no "told you so's" once everything pans out (or not). everyone here wants the team to move forward and win titles, unless you're a fucking wanker.

anyone pick up this fresh quote from Gillett

"For Tom and me, this really is about trying to win championships, and that takes commitment, no matter what sport.

Thats the most positive thing ive seen in weeks because he's talking about Tom and himself and thats the first time in a long time that they've talked in duo terms.

Very positive and all ive really wanted to hear, time will tell If he is actually talking for Tom.

Gillett: Reds Ready To Swoop

Gillett: Reds Ready To Swoop

Mon 18 Jun, 06:09 PM

Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso have all put pen to paper on contract extensions.

But most Anfield fans were expecting Gillett and co-owner Tom Hicks to splash the cash on expensive new signings as well, with names like Samuel Eto'o and Fernando Torres mentioned as potential targets.

Gillett admits that he feels pressure to bring in new players, and says the club are trying to get deals done.

He told the club's official website: "I sense that kind of pressure building from the media. I think the fans know that we have huge regard for Rafa. He has a number of initiatives and concepts and plans under way.

"We're not going to do something just to try to prove something. I can assure you that we are working on different things.

• Bring 'n' Buy Sale
  • Football Cards (80 teams, £1 a go, scratch the foil to reveal the winner)
  • Bonus Ball sweepstake (compulsory for all LFC staff)
  • Downsizing the ticket office with resulting efficiency savings
  • All players to bring in 10 unwanted CDs to sell on e-bay
  • Sportsman's Dinner - Neil Ruddock and Phil Babb have both confirmed their attendance

anyone pick up this fresh quote from Gillett

Thats the most positive thing ive seen in weeks because he's talking about Tom and himself and thats the first time in a long time that they've talked in duo terms.

Very positive and all ive really wanted to hear, time will tell If he is actually talking for Tom.

Nick, that was in the Times article last Friday, in fact the whole 'offal' piece is the quotes from that article.