You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a stream, but fucking hell the amount of adverts are exhausting. They come every five minutes. Should have waited for the download instead, but now I just have to watch all of it.

Oh and the new Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher film looks like a crap comedy version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith judging by the trailer.

I take it that's a no then.

If you know someone who has the box sets, then yes, borrow them and watch it through.

While the ending may not have been as strong as people would want, the journey to that point is certainly worth a watch in my view.

If they brought a directors cut out (first time ever a directors cut would be shorter, by about 3 series, than the studio print?) I may be tempted to pick it back up but the writers had a 2-3 series story that the studios made them stretch to double the length leaving you with three seasons worth of filler.

At least it's been put to bed, no pun intended.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Knew they were all dead. Have realised that for a while

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

so in the first season when we all thought they were in purgatory, we were basically right.

I had to watch the last 20 again to kind of get it.

Basically they all died, but at different times, whatever happened did happen, the island is real, the deaths where real, everything was real.

'Off the Island' Didn't really happen, it was all in the imagination of them to reunite them, so they can 'Move On'.

I do however wonder what happened to Ben and Hurley, I noticed how they turned around and said 'You where a great number 1' etc.

I thought it was very well done, if somewhat of a cop out.

I never thought it was a cop out at all. They wrapped up the main story and thought up an ingenius way of putting all the characters to rest. It was a fucking brilliant ending. I'm curious as to what the people who didn't like it would prefer? How on earth could they have made that better?

The best episode of Lost.

I love how they hint at saying that the surviving characters did live on but not telling us for how long or how they died or anything. Kate saying "I've missed you so much" to Jack was a beautiful line once it was understood.

For all those people who want to know the answers to every question ever posed: 1. It would take away all the mystique that made the show. 2. Why does no one understand that the show wasn't really about the questions? It was about the characters. 3. When they did spend an episode telling it straight in the guise of Alison Janney everyone said it was pish.

That was exactly the ending I would have wanted. It was the most affecting episode of television I've ever watched.

I never thought it was a cop out at all. They wrapped up the main story and thought up an ingenius way of putting all the characters to rest. It was a fucking brilliant ending. I'm curious as to what the people who didn't like it would prefer? How on earth could they have made that better?

I love how they hint at saying that the surviving characters did live on but not telling us for how long or how they died or anything. Kate saying "I've missed you so much" to Jack was a beautiful line once it was understood.

For all those people who want to know the answers to every question ever posed: 1. It would take away all the mystique that made the show. 2. Why does no one understand that the show wasn't really about the questions? It was about the characters. 3. When they did spend an episode telling it straight in the guise of Alison Janney everyone said it was pish.

That was exactly the ending I would have wanted. It was the most affecting episode of television I've ever watched.

I don't know, the more I think back and the more i watch it, the more I appreciate it.

I think the plane flying overhead was a red herring, and was there to make jack feel better, that was Oceanic 815 that didn't crash.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was very emotional, especially with Jack dying at the end with Vincent, I just think 'They where dead' excuse was, a cop out.

I don't know, the more I think back and the more i watch it, the more I appreciate it.

I think the plane flying overhead was a red herring, and was there to make jack feel better, that was Oceanic 815 that didn't crash.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was very emotional, especially with Jack dying at the end with Vincent, I just think 'They where dead' excuse was, a cop out.

No, no, no. The plane was nothing like a red herring. The plane was Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Lapidus, Richard and Miles leaving the island FOR REAL. They went on to live the rest of their lives.

Only the flashsideways from this season was purgatory (or whatever name you wanna give it). The island wasn't.

Everything that happened on the island happened. Everything that happened in this season's alt timeline was them all trying to find each other after they died. They all died at different times but were reunited in death. The didn't all die on the plane.

A more beautiful ending you could not possibly have asked for.

No, no, no. The plane was nothing like a red herring. The plane was Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Lapidus, Richard and Miles leaving the island FOR REAL. They went on to live the rest of their lives.

Only the flashsideways from this season was purgatory (or whatever name you wanna give it). The island wasn't.

Everything that happened on the island happened. Everything that happened in this season's alt timeline was them all trying to find each other after they died.

A more beautiful ending you could not possibly have asked for.

As I said, it grows on me the more I think about it.

The disappointment for me was the realisation that so much of the past 6 years was meaningless, irrelevant filler. The answer to so many of the questions (that we were led to believe were extremely important) ultimately proved to be "because the writers needed some cool shit to fill up 100 odd episodes."

As for "it was about the characters," I'm not having that, sorry. That may have been part of it but I certainly wasn't tuning in each week for the flashbacks (which I fucking hated). Whenever I saw people discussing Lost online or spoke to people about the show in real life it was always about the mysteries. That's why people obsessed over a four toed statue that barely featured in the show but didn't give a flying fuck about half the characters in it (anyone pining for a Shannon/Sayid reunion over the last few years? Didn't think so. Anyone mouning the supposed death of Lapidus last week? Me neither). Take the sci-fi elements out of the show and you're not left with much.

Finally, I can't believe you're claiming the Mother character was "telling it straight." One of the first things she said was "every question you ask will just lead to another. Just rest and be grateful you're alive." What did she tell straight? "Okay boys, you can't hurt each other but I won't say how or why. You have to guard this magic light but I won't say how or why. It's impossible for you to leave the island but I won't say how or why."

She didn't explain ANYTHING, that's a big part of why so many hated that episode. Everything she said was either some cryptic bollocks that created more questions than it answered or just a bare faced lie. Telling it straight, my arse!

With all that said, I wasn't hugely let down by the finale or anything. I thought it was quite good but I'm just a bit fucked off at realising so many of the things I (and many others) cared about in the show was just made up bollocks designed to prolong the series, presumably for entirely financial reasons. They basically answered none of the mysteries they had created throughout the show because none of them mattered, even though the viewers were very clearly made to believe otherwise.