You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toast

Sut

I like me toast...  

85 members have voted

1. 1. I like me toast...

• ... done both sides thank you very much.
    • ... like Sting does - just one side please.
    • ... not at all.

I'd just like to add to the fact that people who don't like buter are seriously wrong in the head.

How can you prefer something which tastes like shit and is made by a horrible chemical artificial preocess over something that tastes like nectar from the Gods and is perfectly natural? Weirdos

Also, i can understand why the North American bretheren amongst us aren't too keen on butter as over there i've found it to be really poor

let's not confuse buttering and toasting - there is no trans-continental bias towards margarine as far as i know.

butter all day long..... haven't seen margarine in decades.

it's these magical one-sided toasters that you europeans have which is confusing us.

Toasting pretty much improves most sandwiches. Except for with chips or crisps.

Can't explain why, just one of those things I suppose.

For the record, both sides, slighly charred, with butter, crusts on, eaten whole and if cut I have no preference on straight or diagional (I'm at ease eith common as mook or rich as fook).

Guest ShoePiss
I do, spreading butter on soft bread is a pain in the ass especially here also because I have to keep it in the fridge or it melts because of the heat.

In the winter I get butter more often because I can keep in the bread bin.

Marg is way better these days though they have all the I can't believe it's not butter shit which tastes some what like butter.

I would never argue marg is better than butter though, it's just easier and better for you.

There's simply no excuse for your actions

LURSP.jpg

dsc_0183_edited-1.jpg

Oh and for the spazzy North Americans getting confused, we've been through this before and it relates to 'grills' in that cookers (fucking stoves/ovens to you) in the UK often came with a grill; where heat from either a gas flame or electric element comes from the top.

However, even in North America toasting does not and never has meant buttering. Here, have this you big mongs

509339555_140b5785c8.jpg?v=0

Guest ShoePiss
One of the best inventions ever are those toaster bags.

Make your sandwich.

Put it in the bag.

Put the bag in the toaster.

Turn on toaster.

Eat your toastie.

Wash and re-use bag 100 times.

Just about edges out penicillin and language, for me.

I do not know of this invention, doesn't the cheese all run to the bottom of the bag?

The simple solution is one of these which I have :-

file_27_12.jpg

I do not know of this invention, doesn't the cheese all run to the bottom of the bag?

The simple solution is one of these which I have :-

file_27_12.jpg

No, it stays in the butty. Don't know how. Might be either magnets or some kind of anti-grav forcefield, I'm guessing.

Or because the bags are pretty tight and by the time it melts to run downwards, it seeps into the bread and clings on.

Is that picture not a converted Corby Trouser Press, set on 'Savoury'?

Guest ShoePiss
Here we go. Selling for £0.01 a pair on Amazon these days, so that's 0.0005p per toastie. Possibly the bargain of the century.

Especially if you don't count the £4.39 p&p.

Pack of 2 Reusable Toast Bags Toastabags: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

If there's no cheese run off I think I'll agree that it's up there with language or penicillin as far as inventions go.

However, even in North America toasting does not and never has meant buttering. Here, have this you big mongs

That was not where the problem was... it was down to the 'done on both sides'.

Who the fuck toasts only one side? I've never even heard of someone doing that before this thread.

I had to assumed that the 'done' meant buttering both sides, as toasting on one side is inconceivable.

That's right:

Princess_Bride_Inconceivable-T-link.jpg

Guest ShoePiss
That was not where the problem was... it was down to the 'done on both sides'.

Who the fuck toasts only one side? I've never even heard of someone doing that before this thread.

I had to assumed that the 'done' meant buttering both sides, as toasting on one side is inconceivable.

That's right:

Princess_Bride_Inconceivable-T-link.jpg

"negged for thinking that the 'toasting' part was the problem."

Trigger happy, toast challenged North American.

I tell you what's weird about Leeds.

they just don't grasp the concept of a bacon sandwich made with toast. If you ask for bacon on toast in most butty shops in leeds they look at you, incredulous, and say, "Bacon? On toast?"

"Yes, bacon on toast, you fucking weird Yorkshire freak bag! I want bacon on toast!"

"er, ok", they say, almost pulling a loony face at you and twirling their finger at their temple.

Total fucking weirdos.

They also don't grasp the concept of having butter on a sandwich. I've lost count of the amount of times I've bit in to a sandwich bought in leeds only to discover that the bread is dry. I've often taken it back and said "er, there's no butter on this" only to be told

"well, you didn't ASK for butter"

You fucking what???? ASK for butter??? I didn't ask for bread either, but it's pretty much fucking compulsory for a sandwich, as is butter, you cretins!

Toasting pretty much improves most sandwiches. Except for with chips or crisps.

Can't explain why, just one of those things I suppose.

For the record, both sides, slighly charred, with butter, crusts on, eaten whole and if cut I have no preference on straight or diagional (I'm at ease eith common as mook or rich as fook).

What about 4 little squares?? did you think about that im in a quandrey

I ate 3 slices of slightly burnt toast last night around 11pm drinking a mug of tea watching The Killing Fields on my laptop.

It was toastastic.

3? 3?

I have to ask why 3? thats an odd number Im guessing you have a four slice toaster in which case why not do 4 slices are you not man enough to eat 4 slices of toast.

If you only have a 2 slice toaster then why did you put an 1 extra slice in and not 2 after the first two where done? did you let them go cold and wait for the others to toast? this thread has given me complications.

Butter is fucking shit. You butter lovers can take a big wedge of the rock hard unspreadable cowspunk and shove it sideways up your hoops.

Margarine is where it's at. Full of chemicals, none of that natural gayness, it spreads straight from the fridge, and it does what it's supposed to in that it discreetly moistens the bread without impacting too much on what should be the real flavour of the sandwich, the filling.

Way too much butter loving on this thread for my liking.

Also, toasting a bacon sandwich?? What the fuck? Bacon sarnies should be on white bread, not toast. If you toast it, it needs to become a club sandwich and served at dinner time, not brekkie.

Butter is fucking shit. You butter lovers can take a big wedge of the rock hard unspreadable cowspunk and shove it sideways up your hoops.

Margarine is where it's at. Full of chemicals, none of that natural gayness, it spreads straight from the fridge, and it does what it's supposed to in that it discreetly moistens the bread without impacting too much on what should be the real flavour of the sandwich, the filling.

Also, toasting a bacon sandwich?? What the fuck? Bacon sarnies should be on white bread, not toast. If you toast it, it needs to become a club sandwich and served at dinner time, not brekkie.

I'm not having that. Club sandwiches are ace, but a toasted bacon sandwich is ace as well.

See?

Weird Yorkshire bastards.

Fucking freaks, the lot of 'em.

I've recently been having toast coated in Tesco's extra light garlic and herb spread and it is delightful.

When I eat it I imagine I'm French aristorcracy during the period prior to all the guillotining starting.

funny - but i'm eating and thinking a very similar thing.

i've got it slathered on an english muffin though (toasted both sides though)

we're going to argue about what an english muffin is now, aren't we ?