You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mcking the dead..

AVEEZ

Should we laugh at dead people  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should we laugh at dead people

• Hell yes - others peoples misfortune is funny as
    • Definately not - its morally wrong and may offend
    • Depends if I'm feeling self rightious or not
    • I Dont care either way now fuck off!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Aveez going to answer my "excuse the Mancs" question? Anyhow, the original question is badly put - you can try and make light of tradegy (as the Reverend* said) , but mocking is a ridiculous word to use. Without a doubt, when we've heard Hillsborough songs, they are mocking us and that's likely what I picked up on.

*Trademark Remmie

[QUOTE=Ezekiel 25:17;673707]Where exactly in this post does it say anything about fighting or confrontation ?? he was told his opinion counts for fuck all because of his post count so he will discuss it where it did count. He has every fucking right to feel aggreaved about the mocking and jibes of the dead. I totally agree with what most of Christian has said, I just think if you want to tell them kind of jokes, tell someone you know shares the same opinion on them as yourself. If you post them on a forum and then find out someone doesnt like them, accept it dont try and turn it into something its not.

Your messing right? to paraphrase Dave, it's like calling someone an orrifice that poo comes out of, then denying calling said person an arsehole.

That wasn't what I was suggesting at all.

It was clearly confrontational, and to say it wasn't is backtracking like a student who walks in late to class at Virginia Tech.

That said, the self righteous have invaded so perhaps I'll nip off for a wank and a nice hot cup of tea.

Is this aimed at my request?

So, would a bunch of Mancs be excused as humourous for mocking the LFC dead?

Sorry Missed that... to other Mancs and people that dont give a fuck yes they would be excused and that would be classed as humour to them.. not to us but then we are effected by it..but to them its fair game.. I wouldnt like it but then Americans wouldnt find this funny but I have the luxury of not being involved so i do... do you see my point yet???

Sorry Missed that... to other Mancs and people that dont give a fuck yes they would be excused and that would be classed as humour to them.. not to us but then we are effected by it..but to them its fair game.. I wouldnt like but then Americans wouldnt find this funny but I have the luxury of not being involved so i do... do you see my point yet???

What - excused as being complete and utter knob jockeys?

I see your point and I disagree that "mocking" the dead is funny and that's that I guess.

Really and that means I cant disagree with him does it.. hmmm let me think... fuck off.. if by putting in his place you mean highlighting our differences then as psrt of the 'we' he lumped me in I am perfectly entitled to do it.. had he not used the word we I would have no right but as he did I do - so there.

Look you lost all credibility when you claimed he had no sense of humour for not find jokes about death funny.

Your messing right? to paraphrase Dave, it's like calling someone an orrifice that poo comes out of, then denying calling said person an arsehole.

That wasn't what I was suggesting at all.[/QUOTE]Sorry mate but there WAS an implied threat there, offering to meet him in 'an enviroment that your a seasoned regular in'. Thats a threat mate and please don't insult my (Limited) intelligence, by denying it.

Look you lost all credibility when you claimed he had no sense of humour for not find jokes about death funny.

Ok I'm sorry - and just for my piece of mind would you swear on your mothers life / grave (delete as appropriate, fuck there I go again..) that you have never in your life laughted at a dead joke.. none about princess Di or Roy Castle or Rod Hull or any other celebrity sort??

Ok I'm sorry - and just for my piece of mind would you swear on your mothers life / grave (delete as appropriate, fuck there I go again..) that you have never in your life laughted at a dead joke.. none about princess Di or Roy Castle or Rod Hull or any other celebrity sort??

You're on thin ice for excusing the Mancs and now with Rod and Roy entering the "shop" (thread) it's getting bad dude. I'm sure the whole damn human race has laughed at various dark jokes, but mocking is the wrong word.

Seriously, if he did agree to meet me then he'd see on sight that there is no way on the world I'd be offering him out.

I was merely highlighting the point that although my opinion means fuck all on here to him because of my low post count that it doesn't mean it's worth fuck all in places where I'm comfortable.

I can see how it may have looked and it genuinely wasn't a threat.

You see I havent stated my opinion either way, as I said I think that type of humour is only appropriate when told to someone you know doesnt find it in poor taste. To answer your question, of all the jokes I have heard about the said people I have never found any funny. This isnt because they affect me emotionally or personally its because they are just NOT funny.

Seriously, if he did agree to meet me then he'd see on sight that there is no way on the world I'd be offering him out.

I was merely highlighting the point that although my opinion means fuck all on here to him because of my low post count that it doesn't mean it's worth fuck all in places where I'm comfortable.

Ok,I'll have that. IMO post count counts for fuck all, your opinion is as valid, or not, as the next persons. There are people on hear with thousands of posts who talk complete bollocks, quality not quantity.

Are you saying it wasn't a threat? So you're calling me stupid eh? Outside now!

Nothing personal, Brod. It was a throw away remark because I couldn't be arsed arguing with you and Christian at the same time. Whilst it is true I don't value your opinion, I don't value anyone's opinion but mine because I'm very arrogant that way. In that sense, I'm very even handed.

I've gotta agree with Christian, and you can't put it down to clique members sticking up for each other, because I don't think I've ever had a conversation with him.

Liverpool supporters shouldn't mock tragedy or think 'Hell yes - others peoples misfortune is funny as' because it's not. Death is the worst thing that can happen to someone. Imagine if your mum or dad or whoever got their heads squashed by a car or truck or something and we all started saying "Ha ha ha! Ya ma's got a head like a frizbee!"

It's not nice for someone to mock something that can cause you the most pain you've ever sufferd in your life.

You're on thin ice for excusing the Mancs and now with Rod and Roy entering the "shop" (thread) it's getting bad dude. I'm sure the whole damn human race has laughed at various dark jokes, but mocking is the wrong word.

Wow those ponies.. I didnt excuse anyone.. what I said was they would be excused by their peers..

If you're issue is with the word mockery why didnt you just say so? Thats different intirely from not finding it funny!

You see I havent stated my opinion either way, as I said I think that type of humour is only appropriate when told to someone you know doesnt find it in poor taste. To answer your question, of all the jokes I have heard about the said people I have never found any funny. This isnt because they affect me emotionally or personally its because they are just NOT funny.

You've never heard a joke about Princess Di or Roy Castle that was funny? Ever?? Not even the one about Princess Di walks into a bar, and Roy Castle's there having a fag...