You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russell Brand

Thants

Russell Brand - Well?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Russell Brand - Well?

• Surreal genius on speed?
    • Unfunny twat
    • Who's Russell Brand?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's not the forum for him, in my opinion. He shouldn't be on it. It'll turn in to an exercise of Brand bashing by quoting one sentence at a time.

Caught James Blunt on The One Show being asked about his views on Russell Brand using his celebrity to speak about things that he feels passionately about....

Blunt: Well, we're all laughing at Russell, blather blather....

Just after he'd been speaking in his 'arent I clever' voice about ripping his fans off at Christmas by re-hashing some old album.

Well, no, we're not all laughing at him and I certainly have way more respect for him than you, you cynical, money-grabbing piece of work

• Upvote 1

Caught James Blunt on The One Show being asked about his views on Russell Brand using his celebrity to speak about things that he feels passionately about....

Just after he'd been speaking in his 'arent I clever' voice about ripping his fans off at Christmas by re-hashing some old album.

Well, no, we're not all laughing at him and I certainly have way more respect for him than you, you cynical, money-grabbing piece of work

James Blunt and the word credibility is an oxymoron.

I preferred him when he was invading towns in his tank.

I've no idea what the journalist did to his mother, I'd guess he probably rang her a few times, which doubtless counts as pestering in Russell's eyes.

The journalist clearly erred by not taking a leaf out of Russell's book and leaving obscene messages on her answerphone.

This is another example of SD playing the man instead of the spherically shaped object.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think Russell Brand is making headlines for being Russell Brand. Not for any message he's trying to relay.

But, if it serves him, then I have no complaints.

He is getting negative headlines. Businesses won't want to touch him. He is donating his earnings. You keep stating that it is in self service. Do you have any rational argument in favour if that or is it just your strange dislike that is fueling this baseless conjecture?

I'm afraid that's just utter bullshit!

How many headlines has Chomsky made lately? Or Pilger? What? None?

Oh.

Russell Brand gets mainstream media attention (negative or positive) because he is Russell Brand. Not because of his message. He could talk about the colour of egg-yolk and someone would report it.

But publicity is publicity. And he's trying to start a conversation, so this is surely only good, right?