You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you now?

Guest FarmersBoy

Guest attacking_play
... all the ignorant motherfuckers who slate Garcia when we lose?

No, he's not perfect. Yes, he has huge flaws - if he didn't he'd be nigh on world class (a term that is far too lightly sprayed around). But it would be refreshing if every shitbag that slated him so freely when we lose felt inclined to balance things up a bit and laud his contributions when he plays well. No? Didn't think so- you wouldn't want to forgo your favourite Carlsberg Lounge generation whipping boy would you?

In future, if you're going to slate a player, a tip. Wait until the team plays well and wins. Then post a reasoned critique, when you might have shed your reactionary instinct - y'know, the one that belongs to the era where everything only exists within a time frame of a couple of days at most before it's all too boring and your attention span wanders.... You never know, you might get people agreeing with you rather than yet another row breaking out.

I've never slated Garcia, but I have siad he looks tired..like Gerrard looks tired, and alonso looks tired. ALL THREE WENT TO THE WORLD CUP and also have a heavy early season international schedule, and I said as much in earlier threads.

statement by steven gerrard this week end on fox news :

"I've been missing something since the start of the season and I have not had that spark to my game. I think coming back from the World Cup has been a factor."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest attacking_play
I've never slated Garcia, but I have siad he looks tired..like Gerrard looks tired, and alonso looks tired. ALL THREE WENT TO THE WORLD CUP and also have a heavy early season international schedule, and I said as much in earlier threads.

statement by steven gerrard this week end on fox news :

"I've been missing something since the start of the season and I have not had that spark to my game. I think coming back from the World Cup has been a factor."

stevie's obviously reading my posts, to get his information.

No, he's not perfect. Yes, he has huge flaws - if he didn't he'd be nigh on world class (a term that is far too lightly sprayed around). But it would be refreshing if every shitbag that slated him so freely when we lose felt inclined to balance things up a bit and laud his contributions when he plays well. No? Didn't think so- you wouldn't want to forgo your favourite Carlsberg Lounge generation whipping boy would you?

In future, if you're going to slate a player, a tip. Wait until the team plays well and wins. Then post a reasoned critique, when you might have shed your reactionary instinct - y'know, the one that belongs to the era where everything only exists within a time frame of a couple of days at most before it's all too boring and your attention span wanders.... You never know, you might get people agreeing with you rather than yet another row breaking out.

Here I am!

I dont rate the the little fucker as a 90min player, and never from the start away from home. Hes a light weight and gives the ball away too much and is easily put of by a stronger defence than we saw last night.

At best hes a home player off the bench something different, so dont come on here spouting your dribble until you take your head out of his arse, or have seen a game first hand.

Here I am!

I dont rate the the little fucker as a 90min player, and never from the start away from home. Hes a light weight and gives the ball away too much and is easily put of by a stronger defence than we saw last night.

At best hes a home player off the bench something different, so dont come on here spouting your dribble until you take your head out of his arse, or have seen a game first hand.

:no

Here I am!

First of all, your first line is so wrong its unreal. Get behind the players of the club.

Second, when would you have put him on yesterday? Just 1 second before he scored the first goal? You talk some shite...

Here I am!

Your posts are like a shit geyser.

First of all, your first line is so wrong its unreal. Get behind the players of the club.

Second, when would you have put him on yesterday? Just 1 second before he scored the first goal? You talk some shite...

I would have put him on after I gave Fowler a start and 70mins, to run at a tired defence.

Oh forgot Garcia is a better player than Fowler so the latter should be on the bench.......fuckwits.

I would have put him on after I gave Fowler a start and 70mins, to run at a tired defence.

Oh forgot Garcia is a better player than Fowler so the latter should be on the bench.......fuckwits.

Not sure how you can compare Luis to Robbie - they are two totally different players.... When was the last time Robbie played on the left wing? It's about balance for the team rather than who is the better player or not.

Would Robbie playing on the left and Luis on the bench have made the "TEAM" stronger on Tuesday? :no

Guest reddie101

He's in the classic mould of numerous, small, attacking creative types who have preceded him. They all tend to share that frustrating element mainly because they are trying to be creative.

There are more skillfull players in our squad but he's the one real creative player we have.

We need to remember this when he has a bad game or loses the ball.

But it would be refreshing if every shitbag that slated him so freely when we lose felt inclined to balance things up a bit and laud his contributions when he plays well. No? Didn't think so- you wouldn't want to forgo your favourite Carlsberg Lounge generation whipping boy would you?

Don't be a cock. Why does criticism of Garcia make someone an 'ignorant mortherfucker' or a 'shitbag'?

To repeat what has been posted many, many times; Garcia is a frustrating infuriating diving player who loses the ball far too much and should stop trying dribbles - and yet produces the OCCASIONAL flash of sublime brilliant football. I love him and I hate him. I, like a lot of others, feel he is a squad player best suited to European games and especially at Anfield.

Now wind your neck in and sober up.

Don't be a cock. Why does criticism of Garcia make someone an 'ignorant mortherfucker' or a 'shitbag'?

To repeat what has been posted many, many times; Garcia is a frustrating infuriating diving player who loses the ball far too much and should stop trying dribbles - and yet produces the OCCASIONAL flash of sublime brilliant football. I love him and I hate him. I, like a lot of others, feel he is a squad player best suited to European games and especially at Anfield.

Now wind your neck in and sober up.

Emotional, at last someone who has a mind of his own. ;)

You want to play Robbie as left midfield? You just keep coming up with the gems....

See the Reina thread. He has a decent game and people come out with shite like "Where are all the Garcia haters now?? He's fucking awesome!!", as though the shit performances never happened. It's not like people make things up for a laugh. When he plays shit he gets criticised for playing shit, when he plays well he gets credit for playing well. If he gets a lot of shit then chances are it's because he hasn't been playing well. Simple as that.

That should have been the end of the thread.

At best hes a home player off the bench something different

lot of truth in that, apart from the little fucker bit.

By Al Campbell Thursday 2nd November 2006

Jamie Carragher praised Luis Garcia after the Spaniard's two goals against Bordeaux on Tuesday night.

Luis Garcia is Liverpool's top scorer in the Champions League and he added two more goals to his total with his double against Bordeaux on Tuesday night. After the game Jamie Carragher was quick to praise Liverpool's number 10.

"Luis Garcia's record is unbelievable and probably as good as anyone's. Considering he is not a striker but a midfielder, it is even more impressive," said Kop favourite Carragher.

"He doesn't play as much in the Premier League. He always plays in the Champions League.

"He has got around 30 goals for Liverpool and he has only been here two years. That's unbelievable."

I heart Luis, anyone who disagrees blows goats. (he is frustating at times though and has not been good until the lastfew games, that said who has?).

Smicer was a credit to the club, if he wasn't good enough or injured that's hardly his fault, I don't think GH's style of football suited him either, but in terms of behaviour and attitude the man is all you could want from a player for your club. And is those attributes don't mean anything to you then f*ck off to old trafford where you can watch a total penis like ronaldo or before that van nistleroy ply their trade.

I heart Luis, anyone who disagrees blows goats. (he is frustating at times though and has not been good until the lastfew games, that said who has?).

Smicer was a credit to the club, if he wasn't good enough or injured that's hardly his fault, I don't think GH's style of football suited him either, but in terms of behaviour and attitude the man is all you could want from a player for your club. And is those attributes don't mean anything to you then f*ck off to old trafford where you can watch a total penis like ronaldo or before that van nistleroy ply their trade.

I think we should only buy players who are consumate profressionals from now on, to hell with the ability to play in the Premiership and win games for Liverpool.

By Al Campbell Thursday 2nd November 2006

Jamie Carragher praised Luis Garcia after the Spaniard's two goals against Bordeaux on Tuesday night.

Luis Garcia is Liverpool's top scorer in the Champions League and he added two more goals to his total with his double against Bordeaux on Tuesday night. After the game Jamie Carragher was quick to praise Liverpool's number 10.

"Luis Garcia's record is unbelievable and probably as good as anyone's. Considering he is not a striker but a midfielder, it is even more impressive," said Kop favourite Carragher.

"He doesn't play as much in the Premier League. He always plays in the Champions League.

"He has got around 30 goals for Liverpool and he has only been here two years. That's unbelievable."

Well enough said, if Jammie says hes that good its a brave man that would disagree with him. I look forward to him adding to his goal tally.

Damm straight. :yes:

p.s. anyone who thinks Garcia in the starting line up is a key part of our stongest line up needs to suck a reality pill, enough already :D

As a seasoned poster of (now) two posts here, I will say this:

I've just been watching some compilation clips on youtube of Garcia since he joined Liverpool.

If he didn't play for us, and we were linked with him, a lot of people would be creaming themselves with the prospect of him joining us, after watching those clips.

Yes he's inconsistent, can give the ball away, can be immensely frustrating, but that's pretty much par for the course for players of his type. Bottom line is, Garcia does far more good stuff than bad. I'd rather he was in the side than on the bench, to be honest.