You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England squad

Fink

Guest davelfc

It's evolution, not revolution you know, he's building a squad for the future.

Think he's been watching too much alan partridge myself, with mongo as captain and phil neville in the squad he already looks foolish.

And Wes Brown and Ben Foster and Kieron Richardson. Anyone would think he's got connections at Man Utd. Surprised Nicky Butt isnt in there.

Ben Foster! the player they fucked off on loan to replace him with Cuzack (sp) :D

No Beckham though, hats off for that!

It's evolution, not revolution you know, he's building a squad for the future.

Think he's been watching too much alan partridge myself

I watched that one last night and pissed em self when i heard McClaren say that.

Downing, Richardson, Neviile, Foster, Kirkland, Brown don't deserve to be anywhere near the fucking squad in my opinion.

I watched that one last night and pissed em self when i heard McClaren say that.

Downing, Richardson, Neviile, Foster, Kirkland, Brown don't deserve to be anywhere near the fucking squad in my opinion.

Haven't seen the squad but are that bunch really in it? The guy's lost the plot already.

It's gonna make England a hell of a lot better to watch next time they heroically get into the quarters before being beaten by some cheating foreign cunt of a player/ref ... ;)

What are they going to get into the quarters of with that shower of shite? Strictly Come Dancing?

Couldnt agree more. Richardson cant hold a place down in the united squad, and that my friend speaks volumes.

It's a nothing game and most of the players will be focused on the new Prem season. It may be a chance for some unlikely candidates to feature, while some of the established players will be saving themselves for more important domestic matters.

This is the problem with England. There are far too many unimportant games. At least domestically we have one important game a week (or more if you are a successful side like Liverpool).

England games like this one do not set the pulse racing in any way, shape or form. Wake me up when it is time for Euro 2008 (and I don't mean the qualifiers). Until then it is irrelevant.

You hardly have to beat quality to get through to the quarters of the Euros and World Cup - as England have shown for the last twenty odd years.

Ireland always get drawn in a group of hell. I hate it, regardless im happy to see some new faces in the team, but some of the players mentioned are pure shite. Ie Brown

In today's Times, a possible starting team for next weeks friendly. If McLaren picks anything close to this team he goes up in my estimation for one reason: dropping Fat Frank.

McClaren's (probable) first XI

Paul Robinson

Ashley Cole

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry ©

Gary Neville

Joe Cole

Steven Gerrard

Owen Hargreaves

Aaron Lennon

Jermaine Defoe

Dean Ashton