You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield

Section_31

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think The Shield is a level below the very top shows. I watched it when it was first airing and again a couple of times since, so it's not like I hate it. But I think when you judge all the seasons together, it's not quite top level. 

Hang on a minute...you didn’t like The Wire! 

Your views on telly don't exist mate. 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The Shield got better as the seasons went on and accelerated manically to the end, whereas The Wire got worse after season 2. IMO.

The Sopranos towers over all TV drama like a colossus. 

The Sopranos is excellent. I’ve watched it a few times through. I don’t think it’s quite as clear at the top as you see it, but it’s certainly top tier for me. 

The Wire is still top of the list for me but, having watched it through twice, I absolutely love The Shield and it's only just behind in second place. Amongst all of the other shows I've watched, it's the one I most recommend to people and just edges out GoT, Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

• Upvote 3

Heads up for new viewers, as well:

The Shield frequently has episodes where a gang, the Strike team and legitimate police officers are all looking for the same guy and if one party finds him, the other two are fucked. Those are my favourite episodes and when you want to invest in insurance, because your telly will crack through tension.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Bang start of season 3 and you can see why it all goes wrong. 

Shane puts his cock first and gets the nasty bitch a car. 

Mara is perfect.

She is 100% right about Vic, and Vic is 100% right about her. 

That's how you write TV. You put Walton Googins in the middle of that and let it play out.

• Upvote 1

On 07/05/2019 at 16:03, lifetime fan said:

Binge watched all 13 episodes of the first series yesterday. 

Finally went to sleep 6 o’clock this morning. 

In Dragoncchasers, when Dutch is being embarrassed in front of everybody, but finally breaks down his man and catches a serial killer.

Then you see him in his car in absolute pieces balling his eyes out. Perfect.

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

In Dragoncchasers, when Dutch is being embarrassed in front of everybody, but finally breaks down his man and catches a serial killer.

Then you see him in his car in absolute pieces balling his eyes out. Perfect.

Love that scene. 

There are so many great scenes, especially when Forest Whitaker comes in but the phone call beats any scene I’ve ever watched. 

• 2 weeks later...