You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Young Ressie Team Tonight

coop

Man, I hadnt thought of that. Id love to have Potter playing on the right of our midfield again with Flo up front with me

Potter is wasted on the wing IMO. it can only be bad for his confidence playing out there coz he's not a winger at all. he should be given a run in the centre of midfield in the cup games, and come on as a sub in PL-games in that position when we are cruising

Good to see Mannix and Guthrie continuing their progress. Hopefully there'll be a full report up on the site before too long.

I don't think there will be as Dave couldn't make it to the game. But I'm sure if anyone else went, they're welcome to do a report.

love to see the wide players from reserves such as Hammil and Brannagan given a chance on the first team bench, cant possibly be worse than any of the other wide players this season with the obvious exception of Pongolle.

Brannagan??...who is he?... or are you thinking of Laura Branagan? ;)

I was actually thinking the same. I wonder what those who watch the reserves ( Dave, Maldini etc) makes of Adam Hammill? Reading reports from both u-18 and reserves it seems he has developed a lot. Is he ready for a run out in the league cup?

love to see the wide players from reserves such as Hammil and Brannagan given a chance on the first team bench, cant possibly be worse than any of the other wide players this season with the obvious exception of Pongolle.

Who is "any of the other wide players this season" then? Do you mean Riise and Zenden? Or is it Garcia? And do you think Hammil and Brannagan is better than them?

(Who is Brannagan btw? Do you mean Barragan?)

Who is "any of the other wide players this season" then? Do you mean Riise and Zenden? Or is it Garcia? And do you think Hammil and Brannagan is better than them?

(Who is Brannagan btw? Do you mean Barragan?)

Zenden, Garcia (in PL) and Riise have been woeful this season, Pongolle just needs to be coached the role and stop cutting inside and he could be great

yes i mean Barragan and not Laura Brannagan

Zenden, Garcia (in PL) and Riise have been woeful this season, Pongolle just needs to be coached the role and stop cutting inside and he could be great

yes i mean Barragan and not Laura Brannagan

In that case I think it's wishful thinking. We are talking aboot internationals with 20-50 caps. They're not in the best of form at the moment but that just show how difficult it is to preform at this level. I would be delighted if they could come in and claim a spot in the team though. I guess we will see their level in the league cup this year.

In that case I think it's wishful thinking. We are talking aboot internationals with 20-50 caps. They're not in the best of form at the moment but that just show how difficult it is to preform at this level. I would be delighted if they did could come in and claim a spot in the team though. I guess we will see their level in the league cup this year.

i am prescribing having them on the bench and playing the last 15 minutes or so that way there in a no lose situation, if they play great then there confidence will be high however no big loss if they dont make an impression.

It might also put a rocket up the asses of those not perfroming at present.

i would hope Barragan, Hammil and others play in the Coca and Fa Cup teams

Feels good seeing the Under 18s and ressies doing so well

With young talented players rather than second rate internationals who have no future at the club and who were stopping some of these youngsters comming through.

Very encouraging indeed and i'd be very interested in the make up of the 2007-2008 first team squad

Feels good seeing the Under 18s and ressies doing so well

It can also lead to unrealistic expectations later on. Fact is, at the moment there isn't a "Gerrard" in the U18 side who you are 100% is going to make it and make it big. If we had that, then I wouldn't mind that the side didn't win every time. It's about development though and we have a good U18 squad this season it seems. Hopefully, at least one or two of them will make it here.

just watched the highlights on offsite, obviously only 12 minutes or so but Barragan stood out with the quality of his crossing for the 30 minutes or so he was on the pitch, also the Austrian and the Jedi looked pretty useful. Considering we bought so many defenders our defending for the first 2 goals was shocking.

Potter is wasted on the wing IMO. it can only be bad for his confidence playing out there coz he's not a winger at all. he should be given a run in the centre of midfield in the cup games, and come on as a sub in PL-games in that position when we are cruising

Cant he play in the midfield on the right without trying to play as a winger?

Bit strange that isn't it? We have him for 3 days and he plays 45 minutes out of position for the ressies. Hard to see how you can tell enough about a player from that. And we can't sign him anyway cos it's outside the transfer window. Peculiar.

I'd say they've seen enough of the player already to make their minds up, I imagine the purpose of a trial is to see what sort of character the player is, whether he's an arsehole or whether he's got a good head on his shoulders.

If he hasn't signed a pro-contract we can sign him.