You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fenerbahce 5-0 blueshite ROFL

Chocoholic

Oh stop me, stop me, I'm falling to bits here, losing my breath laughing!

Poor Villareal will be the same. Or will they be going into hiding?

Fenerbahce 5 Everton 0

Everton's Champions League preparations suffered a heavy blow as they slumped to a 5-0 defeat by Fenerbahce in Turkey.

The Merseysiders, who finished fourth in the Barclays Premiership to secure a place in the Champions League qualifying stages, never looked like putting up a fight against their superior hosts.

And poor defending gave the Istanbul outfit - who are already guaranteed a place in the Champions League - a comfortable evening.

Brazilian schemer Alex was the main threat for the Turkish side, creating problems for Everton early on.

And after 24 minutes, Tuncay gave Fener the lead when his shot was deflected off Tony Hibbert and past Richard Wright.

And 10 minutes later - after Lee Carsley was withdrawn with an ankle knock - it was 2-0, Marcio Nobre heading in at the near post to take advantage of slack defending at a set-piece.

James Beattie had a chance to reduce the arrears before the break but could only scuff Kevin Kilbane's cross horribly wide.

After 55 minutes and three Everton substitutions, Mehmet Yozgati rifled home a superb effort to make it 3-0, leaving Wright with little chance.

It got worse for Everton soon after, Alex grabbing a goal after playing an integral role in the preceding 62 minutes. The midfielder bent his free-kick over the wall to leave David Moyes' men even further behind.

More chances came and went, James McFadden's lob going narrowly wide. But the rout was completed in added time when Onder Turaci headed home from another set-piece, this time is was Mehmet's free-kick which caught the Toffees cold again.

Are these supposed to be a team in the CL? The team that are whinging about the second best team on Merseyside being allowed to play with their ball? well seems their miserable effort to have their own Turkish delight has fallen flat on its face.

They haven't won a pre season friendly yet and they're looking to take the CL by storm :tease:

They really are havin' a laugh tis time! When is their sad pathetic joke of a club going to learn?

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Doh'Nuts, happy birthday to me :party:

Moyes being first to leave at 33-1 looks quite tasty too. Quick stuffing from Villereal, get into the groups of the UEFA, injuries and fixtures take their toll, drop down the league, sat in a taxi on County Road getting stuff lashed at him by 'the people' by crimbo.

They were my tip for relegation last year but proved me wrong.

As for this - I think it depends how far they get in the UEFA cup. Sorry Blueshite but I'm fairly certain you won't be dining at Europe's top table this - or any - year.

They just haven't got the squad to cope with playing twice a week.

I just hope the Ipswich factor will be telling

PLUS I think their Houllier tactics will be found out this year.

The Celtic thing is why I think he'll go earlier. I can't honestly see Strachan lasting too long up in Scotland, (as an aside, if you can't be a success managing Celtic then you may as well give up), and Gollum seems to be the obvious choice as a replacement.

I just noticed centrebet have Everton to be relegated at 25-1. I think I fancy a bit of that.

Christ, that's like free money. Who could argue with those odds?

Get your house on that. You can thank me at the end of the season :thumbup:

(Also stick a hefty wodge on Bristol City to win League One)

The Celtic thing is why I think he'll go earlier. I can't honestly see Strachan lasting too long up in Scotland, (as an aside, if you can't be a success managing Celtic then you may as well give up), and Gollum seems to be the obvious choice as a replacement.

Is Gollum the right sort of religion for the job ?

Pretty much all of their "feel good factor" is now gone before the season has even started. Their pre-season has been poor, they're very likely to go out of the CL, and most of their transfer targets have chosen other clubs ahead of them. Not a good time to be a bluenose, all in all.

Pretty much all of their "feel good factor" is now gone before the season has even started. Their pre-season has been poor, they're very likely to go out of the CL, and most of their transfer targets have chosen other clubs ahead of them. Not a good time to be a bluenose, all in all.

Despite having to start so early - we have had a pretty smooth pre season compared to the blues and United - many possibilities. The only downer for me was not getting Figo.

There was a piece in one of the papers yesterday talking about Moyes and Evertons transfers.

Basically says that the reason all these players haven't signed is the manager and his inability to sell the club to these players. One player apparently said he doesn't want to play for Everton because the only person Moyes spoke about was himself.

Also an agent said the reason Cahill hasn't signed is because they offered him a 5k improvement on his 15k deal, and pleading poverty, forgetting that it's the same agent who was negotiating Scott Parkers deal at an initial offer of 40k a week.

I don't think he is as I read somewhere that he followed the other lot as a kid.

I hope that if he does go he isn't as successful as the last Scottish Prod to manage Celtic ;)

Am not sure what religion he is, but I know that he played for Celtic.

There's been quite a few people who have said that Moyes is an ego-maniac and I find that very surprising to be honest. Then again, with Kenwright harping on about how he's the new messiah I suppose it was only a matter of time before he began to believe the hype.

On a side-note there's been too many threads about the blueshite recently for my liking. Fair enough if you want to wallow in their shiteness, but until they start losing games that matter i'm keeping my mouth firmly shut.

Guest Kaelin

he is Catholic

Profile: David Moyes

DATE OF BIRTH: April 24, 1963

NATIONALITY: Scottish

MANAGERIAL CAREER:

2002-present Everton

1998-2002 Preston North End

PLAYING CAREER:

1993-96 Preston North End

1993 Hamilton

1990-93 Dunfermline

1985-90 Shrewsbury

1983-85 Bristol City

1980-83 Celtic

HONOURS

1982 Scottish Premier League title(celtic)

There's been quite a few people who have said that Moyes is an ego-maniac and I find that very surprising to be honest. Then again, with Kenwright harping on about how he's the new messiah I suppose it was only a matter of time before he began to believe the hype.

On a side-note there's been too many threads about the blueshite recently for my liking. Fair enough if you want to wallow in their shiteness, but until they start losing games that matter i'm keeping my mouth firmly shut.

Too many reminders of the old flame, eh Ian?