You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Origi, Jurgen certainly and perhaps a couple of others. 

I hope against hope that both you and Ahmad Ali will one day recover from the seriously troubled mental states that you have.

Get well soon.

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I hope against hope that both you and Ahmad Ali recover from the serious brain damages that you have.

Get well soon.

I like this ‘get well soon’. It’s like when Dr

Who had that theme thing about the wolf.

Hope the bowling is going ok. 

7 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I hope against hope that both you and Ahmad Ali will one day recover from the seriously troubled mental states that you have.

Get well soon.

You can’t seriously not be disgusted at what Ahmad Ali did? 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

And we’ll never know. 

Are Israeli hostages more important than Palestinian hostages? Why are they invading the West Bank? Why have they been encroaching and killing Palestinians for years before October? Come on Rico. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You can’t seriously not be disgusted at what Ahmad Ali did? 

Of course it is disgusting.

I still pray for him and Rico to get well soon though, for the sake of humanity.

The two things shouldn’t be mutually exclusive, should they?

27 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Of course it is disgusting.

I still pray for him and Rico to get well soon though, for the sake of humanity.

The two things shouldn’t be mutually exclusive, should they?

You’re a fucking dickhead. You don’t care about Gaza you just want to have digs. Fucking do one TK 

Written by Ori Goldberg, an Israeli academic:

1/ Listening to Israel argue before the ICJ is a disturbing experience. First time around I disagreed with everything said but could at least identify a consistent logic- "we are attempting to dismantle Hamas and that is our sole justification". That is no longer the case. --->

2/ Israel's advocates are fluctuating wildly between barefaced lies (Israel investigates mistakes) and chauvinistic claims boiling down to "we get to do whatever we want and you don't get to stop us". The body language runs the gamut from glowering to PTSD. --->

3/ The Israeli public is uninterested. Last time, our "heroes in robes" were treated like a national sports team sent to a global tournament. Nobody's watching this time. Why? First, we've been "assured" that the fighting will continue regardless of the pending decision. --->

4/ Second, we don't want to look in the mirror. We have a gnawing suspicion that we are not at our best. When we have exhausted the moral posturing ("self defense! Not genocide") and the strategic preaching ("this is a tough neighborhood"), we suspect we are quite pathetic. --->

5/ We can live with the world's hatred. We were raised on this notion, ridiculously ungrateful for the aid and support, for the tolerance we were granted over long decades. We have a hard time with the world's contempt and revulsion. We don't appreciate looking weak. --->

6/ We are the weakest we've ever been. It says a lot about the state of the world that even at our nadir we can generate such death and destruction with impunity. Still, we are two kinds of weak. First, continuous public support for the war has stripped us of moral standing. --->

7/ We have nothing but "survival" as a defense, even though we are by far the greatest killers and destroyers in this conflict. Our consensus detaches us from a basic human bond. Second, we are politically irrelevant and ineffectual. Our government has dissolved. --->

8/ It is the aforementioned consensus that enables this sorry state (which we literally are). With such broad support for the war the settlers who have taken control of Netanyahu's agenda can never "go to far". Until we actively resist (we won't), they are us. We are them.

9/ This is why Israel sounds so shrill and discordant at the Hague proceedings. We know what we are. We don't like ourselves but we have reached as deep as we can into our collective soul and we have come up empty handed. We are in denial. Hopefully, we have begun to mourn.

https://x.com/ori_goldberg/status/1791417249514783223?s=46&t=rTM5huSAdkyumn9JrNS_MQ

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

You know me better than I know myself boss.

The pain is you’re a racist a liar and a troll. 

You can’t debate you’re just posting things the (rightly need to be seen) without anything else. 

Just fuck off or come back as TK. He was marginally better. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The pain is you’re a racist a liar and a troll. 

You can’t debate you’re just posting things the (rightly need to be seen) without anything else. 

Just fuck off or come back as TK. He was marginally better. 

The pain is that you seem to know me more than I know myself boss.

I’d be very interested to know which particular posts of mine have led you to conclude that I’m a racist or a liar?

I’m asking because I would like to come to a point where I know myself as well as you know it boss.

Once I get to that point then I will be able to put my finger on what I need to change about myself to meet your expectations boss. 

PS: You also accuse me of being a troll. That is the only part about me that I understand as well as you do. I’ll try to work on it. However, some users make it too easy for me to troll them that I can’t help myself sometimes. I will try to ignore such users in the future boss. Regards.

Al-Jazeera doc about a West Bank family farm. Remember kids, Fantasy Israel are giving all of this back. Pinky promise from the Performative Fantasy Artist Formerly Known As Captain Willard.