You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Chuck Schumer has come out calling for Netanyahu's democratic removal, and for a new approach vis-a-vis Gaza and the Palestinians.

Netanyahu “has been too willing to tolerate the civilian toll in Gaza, which is pushing support for Israel worldwide to historic lows. Israel cannot survive if it becomes a pariah”.

And more.

He listed Netanyahu, who has long opposed Palestinian statehood, as among several obstacles to the two-state solution supported by the United States, alongside rightwing Israelis, Hamas and the Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas.

“These are the four obstacles to peace, and if we fail to overcome them, then Israel and the West Bank and Gaza will be trapped in the same violent state of affairs they’ve experienced for the last 75 years,” Schumer said.

Amazing.

And:

“Palestinian civilians do not deserve to suffer for the sins of Hamas and Israel has a moral obligation to do better. The United States must do better,” Schumer said on the Senate floor.

The only thing I can think of is that he's going to announce his retirement, as this sort of common sense and basic human decency is usually not something any politician--let alone one of the most powerful politicians in the world--displays.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Any chance of an answer? 

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Who's done the reporting? And who in your opinion has been "transparent? 

12 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is by far the most transparent and reported on conflict in history. It's not even close.

Understandable to want to believe that as the alternative is far more troubling. 

Any chance of an answer? It's obviously not twitter as you mention how much its below you in every other post and its not the BBC and such because they are banned, so I'm confused who you believe are being transparent. Unless you mean the IDF? 

Just now, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Reports of more Palestinians being slaughtered as they wait for aid. 

Yep. I think the word they are looking for instead of 'killed' is "murdered'

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has appointed his longtime economic adviser Mohammed Mustafa to be the next prime minister.

Mustafa, a US-educated economist and political independent, now faces the task of forming a new government for the PA, which has limited powers in parts of the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

In a statement announcing the appointment on Thursday, Abbas asked Mustafa to put together plans to re-unify administration in the occupied West Bank and Gaza, lead reforms in the government, security services and economy and fight corruption.

Mustafa replaces former Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh who, along with his government, resigned in February citing the need for change amid Israel's war on Gaza and escalating violence in the occupied West Bank.

The internationally recognised PA, which is dominated by the Fatah party, exercises limited self-rule in the occupied West Bank, but lost control of Gaza to Hamas in 2007.

Fatah and Hamas are expected to meet in Moscow this week for talks.

On 14/03/2024 at 15:23, Bjornebye said:

Because they’re actually good and Kneecap with balaclavas on reduces their audience. They should be called “Up The Fucking Provos” 

See Dropkick Murphy’s 

Before you start, I love them 

I'm not sure what this has to do with Dropkick Murphys or the Provos but I'm sure you'll have an explanation. "Before you start"...stop being so sensitive, I simply asked a one word question.

This has always been the case.

Democracy and human rights have always been used as masks to hide behind and pretexts for military and political intervention in other countries.

It’s good that people have started to see this for what it is.

More from Alon Mizrahi, an Arab Jew:

And there's one more very important thing I have to say about all the videos and images of IDF soldiers mocking Palestinians and making all those displays of shaming and humiliation that we saw - mimicking Arab women crying and mourning their dead children, and showcasing their underwear like a collector of art shows their cherished items. 

This is something I only realized this morning, or had the words for it come to me just this morning: 

If you zoom out of the "conflict" as propagandized by Israel and its wacky supporters in the West, you realize many of those IDF soldiers are actually ethnic Arabs.  Their grandmothers, or grand-grandmothers, looked and sounded exactly like those mourning women they deride. Do you start to get the levels of self-hate, and self-denial? 

By making such a huge deal of public humiliation of Arab stereotypes, those soldiers are really declaring to us, to the world: I have rejected all in the name of Zionism. Look at me humiliate my own sister, my own mother, my own grandmother, my own language, my own heritage, in the name of my new, fabricated identity ("Judaism as told by Zionism").  

This is a huge part of the psychological dynamics at play here. 

In recent decades, being an Arab Jew has become very popular in Israel.  Everybody adores Arab food, and constantly flaunts the little Arabic they know (in the form of curse words or some very short idioms). This process is part of the cultural rehabilitation of Mizrahi Jews, who have been brutalized, sidelined, and exploited immensely by the historically Ashkenazi Israeli establishments. 

But this process of restoring a place for the Arab Jew on the popular Israeli stage was hysterically apolitical:  you are allowed to love Arab food and Arab music, but god forbid you will love Arabs. God forbid you will see them as human, and equally. 

Arabs have been reduced to representing folklore only (Mizrahi Jews, being the political idiots they always have been in Zionism, not getting that this prejudicial view deflects heavily on them, and reduces their identity to empty performance, to a depoliticized,  simulated native, fake as everything else in the colonizer's world).  
-
So this phenomenon of public shaming and humiliation can be seen as a cleansing ritual: young Israeli men, who would be considered Arabs if they were in any other times in the past millennium, show the world that they are not. That they are nothing but empty vessels filled exclusively by content created and approved by the Zionist state. 
-
For me, the opposite process was precipitated in this genocide. As my country and my society took on a monstrous aspect, and as the West completely failed on the most basic form of morality (dying, starving, mutilated children, for god's sake, how can anyone fail this test?), I was left with nowhere to turn to but my Arabness. I was left with nothing but memories of the kindness and gentleness of my Jewish-Arab father, and the disestablishmentarian wit of my Oud-playing Jewish-Arab uncle, and their families, and the humanity of Palestinians and Arabs I have seen and met over the years. For me, nothing else is left.

21 years ago this brave humanitarian  was murdered. The politicians in America who stuff Israeli money into their back pocket whilst saluting the Star Spangled Banner should listen to the poor girls parents recollections and feel shame.

48 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

21 years ago this brave humanitarian  was murdered. The politicians in America who stuff Israeli money into their back pocket whilst saluting the Star Spangled Banner should listen to the poor girls parents recollections and feel shame.

Yet Ben Shapiro still had the nerve to call her “one of the biggest idiots in history”.

What a shame!