You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A key thing for me now is whether Trent and other high profile players look at what they’ve already achieved in the game and then look at Slot and think they know more than him and don’t have the required respect. 

Recent performances are giving me a real sense of foreboding in that regard. 

Unfortunately thats going to be part of Slot(and any incoming managers) job really, identify the dickheads and either whip them in to line or tell them they can find another club, if he's got any hope of success he can't start out by being held hostage by that section of players.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A key thing for me now is whether Trent and other high profile players look at what they’ve already achieved in the game and then look at Slot and think they know more than him and don’t have the required respect. 

With Klopp, he found a balance with giving him some freedoms and also Trent's long passing has always been key to playing really quick, direct football.

Guardiola would have bombed Trent out, I have no doubt about that. He wouldn't stand for someone who can weaken the structure of the team just because they can provide an assist at any moment. 

I don't know what sort of coach Slot is, but there are coaches who won't be arsed about finding a way to make someone like Trent happy. And then also, he could simply decide to leave, as said above.

• Upvote 1

This team is done and probably has been for some time. 

It's tragic that what was an absolutely magnificent side, probably one of the best ever put together, with Mane, Firminho and Salah, didn't win more because of the oil cheats.

This lot have given up, part of that is on Klopp, he looks checked out to me too, and he's lost a lot of authority over lads like Salah it would seem.

I can forgive a Liverpool side a lot, fuck knows we've seen some shite ones down the years, but putting in these kinds of performances against the mancs and the shite is unforgivable frankly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, John102 said:

Season cant end soon enough now. Bring on the Olympics.

I’m looking forward to the knock-out stages of the Euros and the Olympics.

19 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Hopefully we don't bottle 3rd

Salah, Nunez and Jurgen’s ridiculous substitutions: ‘Hold our beer.’ 

7 minutes ago, TheSire said:

He's not as good as he's made out to be. Didn't miss him with Bradley in.

Absolutely not defensively, but we really missed his creativity at times. Bradley’s a talent, though. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Then I really hope the board backs the manager in fucking them off. 

Bar Alisson there isn't anyone at the club who is consistently world class and would be a regular for one of the (let's be generous and say "other") top half dozen teams in the world. Surely they must have enough self-awareness to realise Klopp has elevated them collectively. 

Salah is off to the glue factory and Trent wouldn't be indulged at Real Madrid or Inter or any other big club. Fifty yard passes and the odd decent free kick wouldn't outweigh shitting out of challenges and being skinned like a fucking traffic cone several times a game.

Who else is there in the squad that you could see thinking they're above the manager? I don't actually think we've got many like that in the squad. They're sound lads, by and large. They're just thick, sadly. There aren't enough of them to think on their feet during a game. Not enough of them can adapt to the opposition, the ref, the game situation, whatever it is. That's the main problem with the squad (beyond all the forwards needing 150 chances to score, bar one who gets injured once a month). 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Moo said:

Personally I can only see that possibly working in a 4-4-2, a similar role to what Beckham played for the Mancs. Beckham was a bloody hard worker from the halfway line forward but he couldn't defend for shit - but I'm not convinced Trent is willing to work hard enough for us even in just one half of the pitch. And no-one plays 4-4-2 any more anyway, maybe our new manager will find a clever way to bring it back into fashion.

Funny as I've made that comparison. Similar players.

26 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great that three of the most devastating results after shocking performances  over the last five weeks or so came against Manchester United and Everton.

Great stuff, lads. Thanks for that. 

Dickheads

There was an instant in the second half when Trent had the ball in a acres of space, nobody in front of him, and rather than run forward with purpose he stopped looked around for a bit, moved forward a yard and passed it back to Virgil. Infuriating. He’s a wonderful footballer at times but I don’t get why he has no energy or mind to go towards the opposition box and link up with those in front of him. He used to! He’s not the only player of ours who prefers a backward pass in place of looking for opportunities, but that instance drove me mad. 

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

They can leave if that's the case tbh.

Potentially interesting comment from Carragher in the post-match analysis. 

Although, that depends on whether he’s been tipped off by insiders at the club or was just spouting shite. 

He said that with Edwards coming back he thinks that Liverpool fans might be surprised by the amount of changes at the club over the summer and clarified that he meant amongst the playing staff. He suggested that Klopp has had a greater influence over recent transfers and that Edwards may think that they’re not as good as expected and could be moved on. 

Who could he be referring to? Gakpo? Gravenberch? Szoboszlai? Nunez? Endo? Mac Allister? 

Mac Allister aside, you could make a case for selling the rest. But, they’ve done alright in their first season. Could they be important parts of a team in some form of positive transition or is it more a case of them not being good enough? If the new management structure doesn’t fancy them, is it best to get rid now and risk setting us back a year or two by signing new players and bedding them in? Or should the new management structure persist with them and see if there’s any improvement over the next season or two? 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

With Klopp, he found a balance with giving him some freedoms and also Trent's long passing has always been key to playing really quick, direct football.

Guardiola would have bombed Trent out, I have no doubt about that. He wouldn't stand for someone who can weaken the structure of the team just because they can provide an assist at any moment. 

I don't know what sort of coach Slot is, but there are coaches who won't be arsed about finding a way to make someone like Trent happy. And then also, he could simply decide to leave, as said above.

He won't have lazy players. He wants 100% effort as one poor runner means everyone else has to work harder and can't be at their best. He playa with a very high press and aggressive attacking play with the ball.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would he fuck.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Then I really hope the board backs the manager in fucking them off. 

Bar Alisson there isn't anyone at the club who is consistently world class and would be a regular for one of the (let's be generous and say "other") top half dozen teams in the world. Surely they must have enough self-awareness to realise Klopp has elevated them collectively. 

Salah is off to the glue factory and Trent wouldn't be indulged at Real Madrid or Inter or any other big club. Fifty yard passes and the odd decent free kick wouldn't outweigh shitting out of challenges and being skinned like a fucking traffic cone several times a game.

Who else is there in the squad that you could see thinking they're above the manager? I don't actually think we've got many like that in the squad. They're sound lads, by and large. They're just thick, sadly. There aren't enough of them to think on their feet during a game. Not enough of them can adapt to the opposition, the ref, the game situation, whatever it is. That's the main problem with the squad (beyond all the forwards needing 150 chances to score, bar one who gets injured once a month). 

Sadly, self-awareness is rarely a strong suit in their profession. I think it could get nasty quick if we have a slow start under Slot.

Imagine the pressure on him if we’ve a fortnight like the one we’ve just had next November?

I agree they seem a sound bunch, but a lot of that is surely down to Klopp’s influence. These dynamics can change rapidly.

Anyway, I think we need to cash in on a few players to facilitate a rebuild. We need another centre half, at least one midfielder and an actual goalscoring attacker who doesn’t have Cheese Strings for ligaments. 

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great that three of the most devastating results after shocking performances  over the last five weeks or so came against Manchester United and Everton.

Great stuff, lads. Thanks for that. 

We’ve been up against there worst ever teams in my lifetime these last 8 years and we’ve shit ourselves the majority of the time we’ve turned up at them. Especially when it mattered.

4 minutes ago, TheSire said:

They can leave if that's the case tbh.

Again, a lot of this probably won’t become apparent until our first sticky patch next season. I think the board need to be proactive in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Guardiola wouldn’t be putting up with performances like this for weeks on end then again he wouldn’t be signing shite like we do

Just now, Red74 said:

We’ve been up against there worst ever teams in my lifetime these last 8 years and we’ve shit ourselves the majority of the time we’ve turned up at them. Especially when it mattered.

2 wins for klopp at Goodison his first in his first visit then again his record at Trafford and emtihad is also shite to be fair 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Sadly, self-awareness is rarely a strong suit in their profession. I think it could get nasty quick if we have a slow start under Slot.

Imagine the pressure on him if we’ve a fortnight like the one we’ve just had next November?

I agree they seem a sound bunch, but a lot of that is surely down to Klopp’s influence. These dynamics can change rapidly.

Anyway, I think we need to cash in on a few players to facilitate a rebuild. We need another centre half, at least one midfielder and an actual goalscoring attacker who doesn’t have Cheese Strings for ligaments. 

100% with you here, I think realistically we need another DM in(while keeping Endo as backup) as it'll allow us to not have to play Macca there which I seriously think hinders his and our game.

Just now, El Rojo said:

I think Klopp's influence has masked both their technical ability and their mental fragility. 

Maybe you're right and him leaving could show us negative stuff about the players we couldn't previously see, but I'm less concerned about that. Individuals can get binned. My worry is that actually very few of them are top class footballers. 

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This team is done and probably has been for some time. 

It's tragic that what was an absolutely magnificent side, probably one of the best ever put together, with Mane, Firminho and Salah, didn't win more because of the oil cheats.

This lot have given up, part of that is on Klopp, he looks checked out to me too, and he's lost a lot of authority over lads like Salah it would seem.

I can forgive a Liverpool side a lot, fuck knows we've seen some shite ones down the years, but putting in these kinds of performances against the mancs and the shite is unforgivable frankly.

Said that our last great signing was Fabinho till someone told me we signed Allison after him. Near enough every signing since them 2 has been average at best and they havent been cheap.

• Upvote 1