You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) - EL Quarter Final, 1st leg - Thu 11th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

1 minute ago, Planet Origi said:

We need stop letting the medical team dictate the team line up. Starting against sparta Prague full strength when already 5-1 up, but resting players here. Not like it's done us any favours

What makes you think the medical side are picking the team?

I think with Klopp's announcement so early, there was always a chance we would ride the hype for a bit then it would peter out and it looks like it is coming to pass, we've hit a slump at an absolute nightmare of a time.

I would play a load of kids & some returning from injury next week, a complete dead rubber now. No doubt Mac Allister will start & look shattered again though.

Hopefully the last two games act as a rocket up everyone's arse but I won't be holding my breath...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I think with Klopp's announcement so early, there was always a chance we would ride the hype for a bit then it would peter out and it looks like it is coming to pass, we've hit a slump at an absolute nightmare of a time.

I would play a load of kids & some returning from injury next week, a complete dead rubber now. No doubt Mac Allister will start & look shattered again though.

Hopefully the last two games act as a rocket up everyone's arse but I won't be holding my breath...

Starting Macca tonight was such a weird decision. He looked fucked at the weekend despite playing well. Keeping him on for ninety tonight was bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

Well they certainly have an input Hogan.

Telling Klopp Jota's leg is on the training pitch while the rest of him is in the canteen is different to telling him to pick Konate for the Sheffield game and Quansah in the Utd tie.

I would imagine with the entire staff almost leaving, it's difficult to analyse opponents or even analyse why patterns aren't working or work out what needs to happen. Why should they give a fuck. They're too busy sorting out where to work next season. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Feel sorry for anyone who booked Dublin, seems a long way off now. 

Feel sorry for all the greedy fucks who operate hotels in Dublin, they'll have been (literally) banking on Liverpool making the final.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

A lot of non regular match goers?

Definitely a load of tourists around me today, but the atmosphere was worse than an early round carabao cup game which is full of them. 

2 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

I would imagine with the entire staff almost leaving, it's difficult to analyse opponents or even analyse why patterns aren't working or work out what needs to happen. Why should they give a fuck. They're too busy sorting out where to work next season. 

You don’t think they Want trophies on their CV?

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh and I’m sorry but Nunez needs bombing out of the side. He’s useless at the moment. 

He gets himself into positions to miss sitters. 

Some of our other players can't even get themselves into positions to have shots at all

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I think with Klopp's announcement so early, there was always a chance we would ride the hype for a bit

Spot on here.

Weren’t we doing pretty well before that?

As I said then, every time we do well it’ll be because we’re playing for him; when we don’t it’ll be because he caused a distraction. 

it’s not his fault the club couldn’t get the obvious decision over the line