You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sun 31st Mar 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Players need to get their shooting boots on and put a few of those chances away, Coote doing his level best to have his say in the game with fouls and yellows for fuck all, also seems like he's letting the VAR room do his job for him 75% of the time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Brighton are playing well 

Well, they're not playing that well. A few good movements out of defence but that's far outweighed by the ridiculous diving/simulation that's going on, combined with blatant time-wasting and awful refereeing. 

With a team that's as micro-managed as much as Brighton are, I think anyone who dares to run at them is going to cause plenty of chaos. Matip was great at that, but Bradley can do it, Diaz can do it - that's what we need. They're set up for predictable passing against them. It needs something cuter to shake them up.

• Upvote 1

Ref blowing every time we breathe on one of their players, yet he sees nothing wrong with a clear shirt pull on Nunez in the area. We'd have a healthy lead at the top of the table with fair refereeing this season and these cunts still have a massive part to play in where the title ends up.

Not a bad half that, apart from the final ball anf finishing. 

Brighton clearly now how to play us, and are gonna create chances. Not unlikely that they’ll score another. We need to stop giving it away under no pressure, Salah again the worst of the lot in that department, and this time it also lead to a goal for them.

That said we should have scored at least one or two more. Salah alone has wasted at least three or four good opportunities, and we’ve had others as well.

Good news is we create plenty, we’ve been pretty good at getting in behind them. Keep that up and we could and should score at least s couple in the second half.

Bradley again has been brilliant, our best player so far. Also Mac Allister and Diaz have been very good, and Endo with some vital interceptions.

Quality in the final third will be key for the second half, come on you mighty Reds!!

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wouldn't mind Salah and Diaz switching for a bit. Mix things up a touch.

Would that help Salah put the ball in back of the net? He should have had at least two in the first half, dont really see how changing positions would make us any better. That said I’m all for a dynamic setup in attack, to make us less predictable, but when we’ve created plenty I dont see the need to change anything today.

Edited by Joey8FrogsLegs

Big 45 coming up. Salah needs to improve his finishing and touch. Brighton look dangerous on the break, particularly down our right side. 

Coote has been awful. The Mac Allister booking is a nonsense. He’s giving every soft free kick to Brighton. Weird how he appeared to give Brighton two set piece decisions based on nothing else but the length and strength of their appeals. 

The lino running the half towards the Anny Road has been poor too. The other one has let play go on for tight-ish calls and let the VAR call it. Which is what they’re meant to do. The Anny Road lino was just getting his flag up straight away for our attacks. I’ll be very suspicious if this pattern changes in the second half. 

I’d take a scrappy 2-1 win. Just get the 3 points. 

10 minutes ago, Code said:

Bad comparison really. 

Van Dijk is number 3 in the league when it comes to arials won with 4,3 per game, Dunk is number 52 with 1,9 per game.

As well as being one of the slowest defenders around, with Virgil being the quickest.

Carragher is a joke though, his football knowledge is pretty poor overall. He even manages to botch the clips that the tactics truck at Sky make for him.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Would that help Salah put the back in the net? He should have had at least two in the first half, dont really see how changing positions would make us any better. That said I’m all for a dynamic setup in attack, to make us less predictable, but when we’ve created plenty I dont see the need to change anything today.

Fair point. My reasoning is there have been several chances where, if Mo had a right foot, he could've made more of. Switch flanks for five minutes and maybe those same runs end with it on his left. 

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Games like this is why I wish I can just fuck it off. Ref showing clear bias and watching my 13 year old not celebrating the goal thinking it would be offside. 

Mate after this season I'm done. With Klopp gone, 115 charges FC, VAR and the refs I just can't be arsed anymore. 

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Games like this is why I wish I can just fuck it off. Ref showing clear bias and watching my 13 year old not celebrating the goal thinking it would be offside. 

That's what kills me there is no enjoyment in watching goals your always wondering what var will come up with