You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 4th Feb 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

14 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I didn’t think the ref was that bad. We were just shit.

And the commentary (not Neville, wasn’t sure who it was) thought it was the World Cup final 

It was first against second in the race for the league. Fuck the world cup this was much more important. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

That 2nd goal is 100% on vvd. The 3rd goal is unlucky on the pair of them. If you want someone to blame for that one, look at whatever the fuck Elliot was doing originally. 

Is there a slower player in the top 5 leagues than elliot? Possibly Eriksen but only in the minutes after he suffered a cardiac arrest.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Nunez got booked for shouting and carrying on at the ref. If he hadn't done that we may have got the free kick. Stupid behaviour. 

We may have got a free kick that Anthony Taylor had already decided not to give? Bloody nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smell The Glove said:

So how many midfielders should we have  Endo is missing. We are still top. Bad day but again we are still top

Gravenberch needs a full preseason he's like Bambi on ice. Elliot is good in flashes, Dom is struggling with the pace of this league, Endo has got better and Mac isn't a DM.

Its all a bit messy still and maybe I should be grateful we are were we are but fuck me we have a chance and as usual we just sat on our fucking hands.

It just comes down to the setup and how rigid we are to sticking to these things even when it’s blatantly not working.  Trents lazy, braindead and can’t defend even when he wants to but to be fair to him even when Gomez switched there he was doing the same crap of closing down the guy with the ball just leaving Martinelli acres of space.  This is despite the fact that Konate had been booked and we’ve been absolutely slaughtered all game that way.  It’s clearly a tactical decision to tell the full backs to do that and it’s horrific decision making by Klopp.

The second thing is in possession.  We start the game with Gomez going into midfield.  It took about 5 minutes to see how badly it was failing.  The players didn’t know where to pass.  No angles were there because they never fucking are.  It’s awful to watch every single fucking game.  We obviously thought we were being clever by having Gomez do it and leave Trent out wide.  What resulted was the sulking cunt didn’t fancy it.  He didn’t want the ball when Konate had it and then Gomez isn’t there when Van Dijk has it.  We go long and just give the ball away over and over again.  All half with nothing changed.  Then half time Gomez is pinned to left back when we’ve got the ball and suddenly all the options appear.  It set the tone for the game and completely castrated us despite us putting in the best performance for years only a few days ago.

This Trent situation needs addressing now before he derails the whole season with his stinking attitude.  I honestly can’t wait until he fucks off for somebody else to deal with him.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

It was first against second in the race for the league. Fuck the world cup this was much more important. 

He was screaming their goals in. The 89 Michael Thomas goal was worthy of it- not Martinelli or Trossard 2024 with about 15 games to play 

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit we were second best , Good side Arsenal and they pressed us really well for most of the game . We couldn't match their work rate.but they cant play like that every game,  neither can we , and it will be interesting to see if they can turn City over with a similar performance . Anyway it was our second loss all season and one of those doesn't really count so I think we still have a good chance of the title .

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

On Nunez - Klopp said before game it was tactical he did not start.

Really? Well that was a bad call then. It was absolutely 100% clear we'd struggle to hold the ball with that forward line and we had no out ball. 

I also couldn't understand when Nunez came on why he wasn't put up against Ben shite, who is petrified of Nunez and was on a booking. We're too nice sometimes. He's an easy target that lad, can't understand why we didn't try and get him sent off. Those stats that were floating round a while back about how few times we get players sent off against us on 2nd yellows, it's not all on refs. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The scoreline flattered us there. Utter shite. We couldn't play through their midfield. Nobody in the forward line capable of holding the ball if we went long or short. Some embarrassing performances. The entire back 4 was poor defensively. Gravenberch and gakpo, fuck me. Those two are awful when you have to dig and fight, that's not the 1st time. Elliot was appalling when he came on and that 3rd goal, fuck me. And it's really it's hard to think of anyone who had a decent performance. Macca was ok I guess. Robbo isn't ready yet. Trent is another who didn't look fit. 

A fucking wake up call hopefully. 

Disagree a bit. By the way I think we were poor but they weren't great. We gifted them the lead just when I was thinking I fancy us

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Is there a slower player in the top 5 leagues than elliot? Possibly Eriksen but only in the minutes after he suffered a cardiac arrest.

That goal looked like a bunch of middle aged fatties playing 5 a side and someone had asked their 18 yesr old kid turn up. And it was only trossard. 

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

We may have got a free kick that Anthony Taylor had already decided not to give? Bloody nonsense.

Agreed, also can't blame him for being hacked off, literally wrestled to the floor and the ref just says all good, carry on.

• Upvote 1

Alisson's fuck ups cost us the game, poor as we played. Arsenal are nothing to fear for either us or the Oilers and their ordinariness was being managed until God's goalie went fucking mental. The league is still ours to lose ..... and we won't do that. For the guys on their periods, soak it up.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Go and have a lie down mate, maybe you can dream of more reactionary drivel to post. Good lad.

If you disagree with my opinions from tonight, fine. 

But fuck off with your smug superfan act. 

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

Disagree a bit. By the way I think we were poor but they weren't great. We gifted them the lead just when I was thinking I fancy us

We didn't have a decent shot all game. I don't dispute we gifted them goals, but that's why the scoreline flattered us..l think we got what we deserved on all 3 goals and they weren't our only bits of bad defending. Konate was shocking on the 1st, playing them on not once, but twice. Vvd stunk the place out on the 2nd (not his only mistake of the game)..Elliot on the 3rd, wow. I don't think they were good, in fact they weren't. I said the scoreline flattered us. And that's the worst part. They did absolutely nothing. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That 2nd goal is 100% on vvd. The 3rd goal is unlucky on the pair of them. If you want someone to blame for that one, look at whatever the fuck Elliot was doing originally. 

I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus for us being top of the league still, but Elliott is a weird fish in terms of playing style and if I was him I'd be nervous about a new manager coming in this summer. 

Him and Carvalho is probably £50m combined sale value, and our academy is producing enough homegrown for squad depth now, I think he's getting sold.  

For context, yes he's 20, but he's also 8 appearances short of 100 for the club.  The highlight reel is niche. 

• Upvote 1