You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skyfall is the Best Bond Film

Bjornebye

It's been years since I've watched any as I never got into the Craig films. But always have to throw you only live twice in, because it's brilliantly mental. Drug-fuelled producers calling the shots with Roald Dahl at the typewriter. Blofeld, space-war, ninjas, volcano bases and Q coming into his own.

Also love Goldeneye, but that's just because it was the first one I was at the cinema and I was the right age for it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

Spectre; the most dangerous organisation in the world- Taken out in 1 move. Behave- Awful writing to piss on the last four films. 

Yea, I found that very strange. Must be some big plans ahead?

I just hope the killing of Bond doesn't see the 007 tag open for a woman, as sexist as that might sound. Going to be interesting.

11 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Yea, I found that very strange. Must be some big plans ahead?

I just hope the killing of Bond doesn't see the 007 tag open for a woman, as sexist as that might sound. Going to be interesting.

The way that Spectre had pulled the strings in all 4 films prior even when you didnt even know at the time and the little easter eggs that we all missed the first time around viewing was brilliant and superb writing. 

Then just wiped them out in 1 go. Nah mate....

I wont ever watch that film again and it goes firmly in the bin. Never been so disappointed in a Bond Film and I went to the cinema twice to see Die Another Day.........

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

The way that Spectre had pulled the strings in all 4 films prior even when you didnt even know at the time and the little easter eggs that we all missed the first time around viewing was brilliant and superb writing. 

Then just wiped them out in 1 go. Nah mate....

I wont ever watch that film again and it goes firmly in the bin. Never been so disappointed in a Bond Film and I went to the cinema twice to see Die Another Day.........

Easily the best theme tune.

1 minute ago, Fowlers God said:

Dont wind me up any more than Stig already has, 

FFS. 

I'm gonna wake up, yes and noI'm gonna kiss some part ofI'm gonna keep this secretI'm gonna close my body now
I guess I die another dayI guess I die another dayI guess I die another dayI guess I die another day
I guess I'll die another dayI guess I'll die another dayI guess I'll die another dayI guess I'll die another day
Sigmund FreudAnalyze thisAnalyze thisAnalyze this...
I'm gonna break the cycleI'm gonna shake up the systemI'm gonna destroy my egoI'm gonna close my body now
I think I'll find another wayThere's so much more to knowI guess I'll die another dayIt's not my time to go
For every sin I'll have to payI've come to work, I've come to playI think I'll find another wayIt's not my time to go
I'm gonna avoid the clichéI'm gonna suspend my sensesI'm gonna delay my pleasureI'm gonna close my body now
I guess I die another dayI guess I'll die another dayI guess I die another dayI guess I'll die another day
I think I'll find another wayThere's so much more to knowI guess I'll die another dayIt's not my time to go
I need to lay down
I guess I die another dayI guess I'll die another dayI guess I die another dayI guess I'll die another day
Another dayAnother dayAnother dayAnother dayAnother dayAnother dayAnother day
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Apparently the reason Bond is called 007 is because he's a combination of seven real agents that Flemming knew. He wrote Bond because he was bored and longed to be in the field again.

I once met a guy in the West of Ireland that claimed he wrote Bond and Fleming was full of shit. This was in a little snug in a posh hotel, everyone there was glued to his every word. Being a cynical young cunt at the time I took it all as complete waffle. Turned out he was who he said he was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2013/biz/news/james-bond-right-dispute-ends-after-50-years-1200837571/amp/

• Upvote 3

it was the bourne films which made bond go back to being gritty apparently

live and let die for me. 

in the whole Roger vs. Sean deabte that's been raging for the last 20 years, I have to say I'm firmly in the Roger camp. I believe no one could, sort of, wear a safari suit with the same degree of casuality.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

It's been years since I've watched any as I never got into the Craig films. But always have to throw you only live twice in, because it's brilliantly mental. Drug-fuelled producers calling the shots with Roald Dahl at the typewriter. Blofeld, space-war, ninjas, volcano bases and Q coming into his own.

Also love Goldeneye, but that's just because it was the first one I was at the cinema and I was the right age for it. 

Alsho Litte Nelly. 

Theme tune is good as well by Nancy Sinatra. 
I do like Tina Turner belting out Goldeneye as well. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Which *checks notes* isn’t a Bond film.

But was a comparison to him being called a 'poor villain' in a Bond film.

People seem to forget that the Bond films were never to be taken seriously. The books may have been different but the films were played for fun with stylish but cartoonish super villains. I found this the problem with the more modern films. Taking themselves far too seriously.

13 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

And with that one statement you lost the argument.

Lovely man but they allowed him to take Bond to Carry on levels.

I call as my first witness Vijay Amritraj.

Closely followed by Jaws and the bird with ponytails.

Again- Thank you for bringing this thread back with reasoned responses. 

This thread has so much wrong with it, 

• Upvote 1