You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sat 21st Oct 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

The thing I laughed about with the penalty was, that it didn’t matter what Pickford had written on his bottle, when Mo stepped up and smashed that into the corner, Dino Arms was rooted in the middle of the goal watching it as it went in. If he'd dived one way or the other and not saved it, that’s one thing, but why have that ‘info’ and then stay rooted to the spot?

On a related note, I’m far happier seeing Mo abandon taking the scenic route to the ball and just having a shorter direct run before smashing it. 

WTF was that blert like with his half&half scarf? Had to be a tourist.

Young only has himself to blame. But as so often happens, he shouldn’t even have been on the pitch to get himself sent off… as he should have gone minutes before, when he kicked the ball away. But double standards are only for Liverpool players' transgressions.

McCoist: The ref should’ve warned Young after his 3rd yellow card offence, that if he committed a fourth, he’d have to seriously consider sending him off.

Played my FPL triple-captain card on Salah against these as usual, picking up a tasty 48 points! Not bad for someone being shite for most of the game. There’ve been plenty of weeks I didn’t get that total from 11 combined!

39 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

The thing I laughed about with the penalty was, that it didn’t matter what Pickford had written on his bottle, when Mo stepped up and smashed that into the corner, Dino Arms was rooted in the middle of the goal watching it as it went in. If he'd dived one way or the other and not saved it, that’s one thing, but why have that ‘info’ and then stay rooted to the spot?

On a related note, I’m far happier seeing Mo abandon taking the scenic route to the ball and just having a shorter direct run before smashing it. 

WTF was that blert like with his half&half scarf? Had to be a tourist.

Young only has himself to blame. But as so often happens, he shouldn’t even have been on the pitch to get himself sent off… as he should have gone minutes before, when he kicked the ball away. But double standards are only for Liverpool players' transgressions.

McCoist: The ref should’ve warned Young after his 3rd yellow card offence, that if he committed a fourth, he’d have to seriously consider sending him off.

Played my FPL triple-captain card on Salah against these as usual, picking up a tasty 48 points! Not bad for someone being shite for most of the game. There’ve been plenty of weeks I didn’t get that total from 11 combined!

McCoist was in a bizarre fever dream the entire match. After Salah's pen he said Pickford went the right way.

52 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

To be fair he was moving slightly right and trying to cover that side and the centre, but suddenly realised Mo was going off-bottle.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Great comeback.

Some facts about how Pulis, Dyche and Allardyce teams regularly get pummeled 4, 5 or 6 nil would have been more convincing, but in the absence of evidence a childish insult will have to do.

Yeah, I'll just peruse the internet to find every single game "defensive teams" have ever played and count how many times they've lost by more than 2-0, that's a great use of someone's time.

Instead, it was easier to call your stupid and clearly wrong point, stupid.

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I'll just peruse the internet to find every single game "defensive teams" have ever played and count how many times they've lost by more than 2-0, that's a great use of someone's time.

Instead, it was easier to call your stupid and clearly wrong point, stupid.

Except, of course, you're pretending that it's normal to score more than two against teams who set up to do nothing but defend. If it's so commonplace, you won't have to look far.

You made the stupid claim, it's on you to back it up or admit that you're just plain wrong.

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Challenge on Diaz is an absolute stone wall pen by the way.

I think it was brushed over a bit because the handball incident occurred only a minute or two later. But yep, how it wasn't 'clear and very fucking obvious' I don't know. 

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Except, of course, you're pretending that it's normal to score more than two against teams who set up to do nothing but defend. If it's so commonplace, you won't have to look far.

You made the stupid claim, it's on you to back it up or admit that you're just plain wrong.

Man City used to beat Dyche’s Burnley 6-0 every time they played them.

I was travelling today so just followed the game on the BBC on my.phone. warnock appeared to spend the whole time swing how great Everton where and then did his nut over Konate. There's being even handed, and then ingratiating yourself, and it pisses me right off

• Upvote 2